Welcome to the Philippine Ragnarok Online (pRO) Chaos Guild Forum Site! This forum site is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss ideas and converse about any aspects of Philippine Ragnarok Online with other gamers. The online community is at its best when participants treat their fellow members with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you conduct yourself in a civilized manner when participating in the forums.
You acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the Webmaster, Administrators and, Moderators (except for the posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable. Any liability created as a result of your posting of such statements, opinions and ideas, whether it be civil or criminal, shall be borne only and exclusively by you. The Webmaster, Administrators and, Moderators upon receipt of proper court processes may disclose or reveal the contents of a particular forum or thread without any liability whatsoever to you or any other person.
If in the opinion of the Webmaster, Administrators or, Moderators a discovered statement, opinion or idea is illegal or unlawful -- pursuant to existing provisions of laws -- the same shall immediately be edited or removed as the case may be without prejudice to confiscating your privileges as a member or guest and banning your access to the website.
You agree that the Webmaster, Administrators and, Moderators of this forum site have the right to remove, edit, move, delete or close any topic at any time should they see that it does not fit.
The email address is used only for confirming your registration details and password (and for sending new passwords should you forget your current one).
As a member you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the Webmaster, Administrators and, Moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
While reasonable care using generally accepted and available methods is made to protect the information you disclose to prevent it being made available to any third party without your expressed consent, you recognize that attempts to breach such security precautions may at some time be successful and the Webmaster, Administrators and, Moderators cannot be held liable for any harm, injury, or loss that may be the result of such a security breach.
PRO Chaos Guild Forum Site exists to facilitate the public exchange of any topics and information you find interesting. This forum site is diverse, covering people from various countries, backgrounds, ages and experiences. Considering this diversity and to make this online community enjoyable for the majority of our membership, certain guidelines must be followed to ensure peace and order.
- By joining PRO Chaos Guild Forum Site, you agree to the Usage Policy and Board Guidelines.
- While these rules cover most common situations, we cannot anticipate everything. Therefore, we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure our site is not disrupted or abused in any way. We reserve the right to suspend your access to these forums at any time for reasons that include, but are not necessarily limited to, your failure to abide by these guidelines.
- We ask everyone to keep in mind that membership is a privilege, NOT a right, and as a private forum, the Administrators and Moderators have total say as to which members are and, are not allowed. The same rule applies for single posts and threads, and anything deemed to be inappropriate by any member of the staff would be removed. Members who continue to ignore this rule will be removed with no possibility of return.
- Each member is only allowed one login account.
This category includes:
- A. Registering and simultaneously using multiple accounts which are harmful and malicious in nature is strictly prohibited and can possibly result in both accounts being removed with or without notice.
- B. Impersonating another person (RO players/pRO Chaos Guild/Baldur Forum Site Staff/LUG Staff) to post false information is absolutely not allowed.
- C. There are special considerations in the following sections such as: The Chaos Tribune, The World of Fanfare and in the, Role Playing Section forums; only aspiring WoE reporters/commentators and, Role Playing Game participants are allowed to register another membership account with a new alias considered as a “pseudonym,” provided that his/her true identity (original and active forum account) be known by the Administrators, Moderators and/or, fellow Commentators/Role Players by sending a notification letter through a Private Message (PM) addressed to any of the staff. A pseudonym is only limited to one of said forums indicated in the notification letter. Posting in any other sections using your pseudonym is unacceptable.
- Illegal transactions, selling of other people’s personal information (i.e. credit cards, e-mail addresses, phone numbers), pornography, etc are not allowed here and will result in the deletion of the post and the revocation of your posting privileges.
- If you have a problem or complaints with any of the Administrators or Moderators, direct it to them, not to the general forums. They will then take the appropriate actions. This applies to issues with the forum in general, as well as issues with other members.
II. Initiating a Thread and Replying to a Post
- Post in the correct forum. PRO Chaos Guild Forum Site is divided into various categories, forums and sub-forums. When initiating a thread, always locate the most appropriate section, and post your topic only once. Do not post the same topic in multiple sections. The problem with this can be that if another thread with the same topic already exists, replies will be divided and the topic will be less effective/informative. This will also result in a very cluttered section.
- Check the threads. You are expected to review the threads before you create a new one to avoid repeating a topic. Try to use the search function of this forum site first.
- Use an appropriate title when creating a topic. There will be more replies if you use the proper title (or subject). Additionally, those who are not interested in your subject won't be inconvenienced.
- Be detailed and precise in your message. Failure to do so will only result in follow-up questions or wrong replies caused by misinterpretations.
- Offensive Materials. Sexually explicit images and other offensive material including, but not limited to, race, nudity or pornography is not tolerated here. The PRO Chaos Guild Forum Site staff shall be the sole judges of what does and what does not violate the board’s standards.
You are not allowed to post linkages that lead to dangerous websites such as those website that contains the following: Bots and Third Party Programs, Pornographic Websites. Warez, Bogus Sites, Viruses, Browser Bombs and Abnormal Pop ups. Avoid using link-thru systems to mask the original URL that may have illegal and annoying contents.
- Smiley-Only Posts.
Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short), "smiley" only, non-sense posts and such. Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count (also called as “post whoring") is frowned upon. If you do engage in this type of activity, we can prevent your post count from increasing from that point forward or possibly ban your account.
- Do Not Post The Current Online Users.
- Do Not Make Pyramiding Quotes Of More Than Four Statements.
V. Double Posting
Double Posting. Double posting is not allowed in this forum site and can result in various disciplinary actions such as, the deletion of one or both posts containing the same messages, increasing your warning bar level and/or suspending your account for some time. This act can be seen as another form of forum spam and is discouraged. The problem with this can be that the readers who have already read the original post may miss out the information that was edited in and can distract the flow of conversation. It may also been done purposefully as a form of trolling.
The term is defined as replying with the same and exact information twice in a row without another member's post separating the two or editing the previous response in a single or multiple thread (also called cross posting).
PRO Chaos Guild Forum Site comes with an EDIT button that is why it is considered proper to simply edit your previous post to include the new comments instead of creating an entirely new post (and thus increasing your post count).
You are expected to inform any of the Moderators to delete the repeated entry should an error with the submission of response occurred which either gives an error message saying that it was unable to submit the message (however the post has managed to get through).
Behavior and Etiquette
Lastly, IF YOU CAN’T BE NICE, DON’T START TROUBLE.
- Do NOT post "Hello, Miss Rose!" as a thread/topic, if you need to speak to someone specifically, PM or email them.
- Respect. Members are expected to treat each other with dignity and respect. A passionate, even a heated debate is welcome but message that descends to personal insults, name-calling or similar abuse will be dealt with accordingly.
- Debating. Debating and discussion is fine, respect your fellow enthusiasts. Being of a diverse background, members are likely to express different opinions, and while opinions may differ from yours, they are just that, opinions; and everyone is entitled to express theirs freely. We will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, or personal attacks. DO NOT flame, bother, bug, disrespect, hound or taunt ANYONE on the forums or through private messaging or chat room. If we feel a thread is getting out of hand we will take necessary measure. You can/will lose your posting privileges if you continue this type of behavior.
- Trolling, Flaming and Board Wars. Trolling, Flaming and Board Wars are not tolerated here. Posts that taunt or are otherwise inflammatory against other web sites will be removed. Also, anyone found to be making inflammatory posts and remarks on other forums (starting trolling/flame/board Wars) can and will loose their posting privileges here. This rule also applies to those that, for whatever reason, feel a need to post negative remarks about this site on other forums. If you do, don't expect to be welcome here.
- Language. Please refrain from using foul, obscene and vulgar language. Keep in mind that this website is visited by people of all ages and ethnic backgrounds. Many of which do not appreciate vulgar language.
Your use of this site is bound by the above policies, terms and conditions. Using this site indicates your agreement with these terms. If you cannot or would comply with these terms, please do not use this site.
The Usage Policy and the Board Guidelines of this forum site can be amended over time without notice.