Welcome to Mirrored Mobius
Main Menu
MM Chat
Information

Archie Sonic Wikia
MM @ Deviantart
Mirrored Mobius Wiki
Mirrored Mobius Chat

You need to be on AIM to get in the Chat.

Sonic Blast Topsites
Add Reply
Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog; That thing this RP was based off of.
Topic Started: Jun 4 2011, 04:30 AM (776 Views)
Dr. Finitevus
Member Avatar
Not a Spoiler ...
Should have had one of these up a long time ago. This is for the discussion of the Archie Comics Sonic canon and what's currently going on there. This topic can and probably will contain Spoilers.

Current Release Schedule: http://archiesonic.wikia.com/wiki/The_Archie_Sonic_Wiki
Archie Sonic Forums / Ian's Forum: http://www.bumbleking.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=4

Current Sonic the Hedgehog Arch: Sonic: Genesis (226)
Current Sonic Universe Arch: Inside Job (Scourge) (30) *

Next Sonic the Hedgehog Arch: Unknown
Next Sonic Universe Arch: Name Unknown (Jet)

* Means this issue is set to release next.

Our Affiliate has a ton of hard to find back issues if you're up for backreading or want to find artwork to use. You'll need an extraction program like 7 Zip to extract the files.

----- / Important Information

Now for what prompted me to make this Topic: 225 and the impending near-reboot.

Dr. Eggman WINNING.

The Freedom Fighters losing.

Sally getting Dead (for reals this time).

All while the possibility of the world being recreated is out there. That means everyone could possibly come out of this slightly different then they were before except for a handful of people who weren't on Mobius Prime at the time. So what do you hope for?

I'll post what I want after Genesis sometime later.

Here's a fan theory I liked for the meaning of Genesis, though:

Though Genesis focuses on Sonic this is Sally's last hurrah.

Sonic meets Sally and (some) of the Freedom Fighters fairly early in Genesis. This is apparently treated like a first meeting between them. As the arch goes on and they come closer to stopping Eggman their memories of what happened before begin to come back. Sonic realizes that Sally is actually dead and none of this is actually " real ". He sets off on his mission to set things right even though he knows he'll lose Sally when he returns to reality.
Edited by Dr. Finitevus, Jun 20 2011, 02:23 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sally
Member Avatar
Tomboy Princess and Leader of the Freedom Fighters

... There's so much to say about 225.

In favor of not writing a big unnecessary essay about it (maybe later), all I'll say is that the issue, despite my likes and dislikes of the events that transpired, was very well-written and definitely will hold my suspense 'til 230. Dr. Eggman is officially back in the house, fully sane or not, and the appearance of Silver Sonic was pretty damn epic, I have to say.

As for Sally... *sighs* I have some doubts that she's seriously dead since I don't think Flynn would kill Sally off with a random turret of bullets (despite the bloody "BLAMBLAMBLAM"), but if she is indeed dead, then hopefully she stays dead. No coming back to life, none of that. Genesis may very well be Sally's last stand and if that's the case, then much sadness 'cause, overall, she is a great character. The story will go on regardless. I'm really looking forward to what's going to happen following this whole mess.

You know Ian has something up his sleeve.
Posted Image

"It can never be simple, can it?" NO.

Dr. Finitevus
Member Avatar
Not a Spoiler ...
I'm in the same boat. Both Sally and Hershey (the person who killed Sally last time incidentally) bit it last arch. If only one of them comes back I'd have to say Hershey. She's always gotten the short end of the stick development wise. Existing pretty much to be either arm candy of a victim. Ian's did a good job fleshing out other undeveloped characters (Finitevus) so I'd like to see what can be done with her.

As for Sally ... poor Sally was the power-girl some 100 issues ago. Leading Knothole and the Freedom Fighters with her tactical wit and political charm. The comic's changed a lot since then though. Originally they wanted to axe Sally because her role in Mobotropolis would've been significantly reduced with her father taking over. Turns out that even though she survived that ended up happening, anyway. Now Elias and the Council's in charge of Mobotropolis. Since losing control of the city she's pretty much bordered between being sane and an emotional wreck depending on the writer.

There's a bright side in all this. Even if Sally is gone from the Main Timeline there's always M:XYL. That timeline is popular apparently so we'll be seeing it like once a year, I bet.

Now onto semi-happier things ... like Scourge getting bullied in SU and completely justified in killing all of these people when he gets the collar off.

Also.

Posted Image

Mephiles the Dark
Member Avatar
The evil little omnipotent puppy~

Lol holy crap, Mephi!
Posted Image

Doctor Eggman
Member Avatar
Doctor Eggman

HOPE FOR MEPHIJAK YET!!! :D
Posted Image
Because the Doctor digs "twisted"...

Silver the Hedgehog
Member Avatar
Hedgehog from the future

Whoah, ok...not expecting that xD Mephiles... and is that other guy Void? I can't remember. But it's weird to see Mephiles in a prison uniform.

By the way, where did you get that picture?
Edited by Silver the Hedgehog, Jun 9 2011, 03:08 PM.

Dr. Finitevus
Member Avatar
Not a Spoiler ...
I got it from the Bumbleking Topic for SU29. There's some other scans on there showing the other cameos, but I posted Mephiles because we were talking about Mephiles making an appearance soon.

SSSSSS
Member Avatar

Does Sally really get the axe? D:

Silver the Hedgehog
Member Avatar
Hedgehog from the future

Is it wrong that I'm more excited for the Scourge arc than the Genesis arc?

Dr. Finitevus
Member Avatar
Not a Spoiler ...
Hmm ...

226's summary is up on the wikia for people who are curious. Personally ... I didn't like it. The next three issues will basically be a retelling of Sonic 1 with comic elements. We'll get Tails next issue. Knuckles never (poor guy). Then maybe Bunnie in third or fourth issue.

The first post is updated with the latest releases. The arch after's Scourge's is going to be for the Babylon Rogues apparently.

« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply