Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
CLICK HERE to see new posts in last 24 hours
Mark all forums read
Welcome to Locate and Cement - Plastic Model Kit Review, Advice and Exchange of ideas.. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Ford Model T Firetruck; ICM 1/24
Topic Started: Dec 4 2017, 11:23 PM (130 Views)
Spad
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Hi again
Allow me to show my other recent completion, the ICM Ford Model TFire Truck in 1/24. Like the 250 Testarossa, this was built for the IPMS Car and Motorcycle SIG's Telford display and was my contribution to the Ford side of things. I don't know about you, but I've never seen a Model T fire engine before and it really appealed for some wacky reason. Turns out remarkably big as well.
Really enjoyable build with accurate fit and a deceptively strong finished structure - nice one ICM!
Largely straight forward build but painting took some planning with all that brass detailing. I alsotook this as an opportunity to try my hand at simulated wood-graining on the ladders and steering wheel using oils and Tamiya clear orange on a buff base. seems ok but I'll leave you to judge for yourselves. I'll keep working on that one.
Tamya Italian Red and Alclad Polished Brass are the primary colours used.
Sorry about the number of pics but there are so many interesting angles and details on this model that I wanted to share them all.Hope you like. Comment and critique welcome as ever!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks for looking.
ATB
Rick
Goto Top

Harriet
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
:thumbsup: Didn't spend enough time in front of the stands looking, obviously!
Goto Top

Grant
Member Avatar
Italian correspondent
[ *  *  * ]
How cool is that?! The wood grain looks good.
Goto Top

The Hooded Claw
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Wondering if that kit might stand for cross kitting with the various AMT 'T' based custom cars I have. Their old Ford chassis has seen better days and as for the spoked wheels, ye gods!

Was it massively expensive?

H
Goto Top

peebeep
Member Avatar
Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious
[ *  *  * ]
That's gorgeous. :like:
Goto Top

Spad
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Thanks Grant - I was pleasantly surprised with the wood effect - I see more practice in my future, it was quite good fun!
Harriet - there was a lot to see on thatstand! But look here:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1759194677424741&set=g.266866350108709&type=1&theater&ifg=1
it's just above the Sevens and in front of the big 7
Ian - no. not particularly expensive, around 25 now and there is a range of versions to choose from

Cheers all and thanks again!
ATB
Rick
Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Ready for Inspection · Next Topic »

Friends of Locate & Cement
Skin created by Nikku from Zathyus Networks Resources