Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
CLICK HERE to see new posts in last 24 hours
Mark all forums read
Welcome to Locate and Cement - Plastic Model Kit Review, Advice and Exchange of ideas.. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
1/32 Tamiya P-51D Mustang; OOOOOOOOOOOOOOh boy
Topic Started: Oct 18 2017, 08:20 AM (423 Views)
stevieboy58
Member Avatar
going, going, gone=happy
[ *  *  * ]
Well I have taken the plunge and decided to start proper modelling again and quite by chance found this 1/32 Tamiya kit with loads of accessories on a popular auction site and although I'm better known for car modelling I have always wanted to do a 1/32nd aircraft kit .
Because of things that are happening with us at the moment (my dad is seriously ill in hospital) I needed a boost and this has done the job, because I'm taking mum to see dad every few days replies may be slow plus I need to get paints etc :wooo: also won a cheap airbrush just in case I didn't enjoy the kit I will add some photo's later of what I have and then once I've started we'll go from there--Its good to be back!!

Best wishes to all
Steve
Edited by stevieboy58, Oct 18 2017, 08:22 AM.
Goto Top

stevieboy58
Member Avatar
going, going, gone=happy
[ *  *  * ]
So heres some pics and the airbrush arrived as well--JUST FOUND OUT THE GREEDY XXXXXXS AT PHOTOBUCKET WANT TONS OF DOSH TO UPLOAD PICSSO i'LL FIND ANOTHER WAY SOMEHOW
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Thanks for looking and more when things get started
Steve
Edited by peebeep, Oct 19 2017, 01:29 PM.
Goto Top

peebeep
Member Avatar
Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious
[ *  *  * ]
Steve, I've used a temporary fix so that the images are visible, however I'd recommend you open a flickr account. This is free and they give you oodles of storage space.
Goto Top

stevieboy58
Member Avatar
going, going, gone=happy
[ *  *  * ]
Thanks Paul, Just opened a Flickr account so give us a few days to figure it out should have everything sorted and ready to start next weekend EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKK!!
Goto Top

stevieboy58
Member Avatar
going, going, gone=happy
[ *  *  * ]
Ordered paints yesterday from Vince and I'm really beginning to look forward to starting the kit which should be fun as its my first serious plane kit more soon
Thanks for looking
Steve
Goto Top

stevieboy58
Member Avatar
going, going, gone=happy
[ *  *  * ]
Hi All

Well started the kit on Saturday after everything else had been done and I had been round to see dad who isn't well but comfortable at the moment, The engine is great and straightforward so much so that I had most of the photoetch on will add pictures when I get the hang of my new Flickr account.

Yesterday I mixed up a Green interior colour that I was happy with and used my new used airbrush and wow its my 1st Paasche airbrush and I could have done the inside of my shed in 10 mins :D trying to decide whether to use all off the detail stuff or sell some on but the Eduard photoetch is excellent and very thin?? like I said as soon as I get the hang of the Flickr account I will chuck up some pics

Thanks for looking and its great to be back proper modelling
Steve
Goto Top

stevieboy58
Member Avatar
going, going, gone=happy
[ *  *  * ]
Just a quickie to say that on a par with everything else that's happened this year my mums brother has now passed away this was the uncle who got me into modelling in July 1966 hopefully now that my dad is out of hospital I'll get some modelling done

Thanks for your patience
Steve
Goto Top

Grant
Member Avatar
Italian correspondent
[ *  *  * ]
Sounds like a rough few months. Hope your Dad stays well and you get to enjoy your modelling.
Goto Top

stevieboy58
Member Avatar
going, going, gone=happy
[ *  *  * ]
Grant its been a rough year but I did get a couple of hours down shed yesterday and should -fingers crossed- spend quite a long time down there today now all I have to do is figure out how to upload pics from Flickr

Best wishes
Steve
Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Work in Progress Aircraft · Next Topic »

Friends of Locate & Cement
Skin created by Nikku from Zathyus Networks Resources