Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
CLICK HERE to see new posts in last 24 hours
Welcome to Locate and Cement - Plastic Model Kit Review, Advice and Exchange of ideas.. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
21st Century Race For Space
Topic Started: Sep 6 2017, 09:07 PM (39 Views)
peebeep
Member Avatar
Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious
[ *  *  * ]
Broadcast the other night on the Beeb, now on iPlayer. If you didn't see it, it's worth a watch just for the sumptuous footage of the Virgin Galactic White Knight Two/Spaceship Two combo. It does also provide geat insight into the future of space travel on the premise that it will become commercially focused. Presented by Prof Brian Cox.

The 21st Century Race For Space
Goto Top

Diesel Gypsy
Member Avatar
Somerset Bumpkin.
[ *  *  * ]
It was a very good program and a fascinating insight in to the future of space travel. I can't say I was too enthralled about the possibilities of commercial mining though. Another tour de force from the Beeb and Prof Brian.
Goto Top

Grant
Member Avatar
Italian correspondent
[ *  *  * ]
It is the timescales that surprised me, surprisingly. Clearly a difficult task, but technology is moving at such a fast pace I am sure we will get there sooner rather than later. I like the thought of the difficult bit, getting the infra structure and basic capability in place, leading to the opening up of new ideas and capabilities we haven't yet thought of.
Goto Top

peebeep
Member Avatar
Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious
[ *  *  * ]
One thing I really enjoyed, Burt Rutan gives the impression of being an ordinary sort of bloke, but he's not, he's an extraordinary aerospace engineer. There was a fantastic throwaway line about the Spaceship Two motor - 'we bought in a few parts, but mostly made it ourselves' (!)
Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Media and Publications · Next Topic »

Friends of Locate & Cement
Skin created by Nikku from Zathyus Networks Resources