Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
CLICK HERE to see new posts in last 24 hours
Mark all forums read
Welcome to Locate and Cement - Plastic Model Kit Review, Advice and Exchange of ideas.. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Stash Growth 2017
Topic Started: Jan 24 2017, 08:42 PM (933 Views)
njhanc
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Really? End of Jan and this hasn't been started? Did I miss the post that says we're not doing one? If so Paul, feel free to delete this one.

I am not building much, but this seems to be leaving a bit of time to find nice things that I could build, some maybe even for Telford. Now I've seen the discussion thread I've another excuse to venture online. May the Visa be with me...

Anyway here's my December/ January haul....

Posted Image

The transkit came with the M8B kit and contains a one piece body shell, and wheel inserts
Goto Top

Grant
Member Avatar
Italian correspondent
[ *  *  * ]
Ah! The first to (admit) buying stuff!!

Like the Scammell Scarab. That must be quite a scarce kit?
Goto Top

njhanc
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
The Scarab will be fun I think Grant, I'm thinking of building the brewery version, not the BR one. The price on the bay was not very high, so if it's scarce the demand for it isn't there.
Goto Top

The Hooded Claw
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Hmmmm might have to do a round up. Might be a VERY long post
Goto Top

njhanc
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
With a build up like that, you've left yourself very little alternative but to post now...

Goto Top

peebeep
Member Avatar
Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious
[ *  *  * ]
Excellent swag Nick, love the Scarab. I remember getting one of those as kid for my nascent model railway, probably with the same style paper header. Happy days!

Come on THC, show us what you got!
Goto Top

peebeep
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
A few more to add to the loft insulation :whistle:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Ryan was an addition to my little 'Trailblazers' collection of old Frog kits that I missed when originally released. There's a much more recent kit by RS, but I like the idea of building the old Frogs. The P-40 is for my sharkmouth collection, the Harrier an oops moment at Hobbycraft and nothing was going to stop me from getting the Takom V2 set.
Goto Top

Jelly071
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
A good day was had by all. I would like to Thank spitfire1677 aka Chris. For the kit he gave to my eldest Ben. Heres My haul from Southern EXPO
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Goto Top

peebeep
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I said if Wingnut Wings ever did a Sopwith Camel I would get one. They did, so I did. It's a remarkable kit in just about every sense.

Posted Image

I was quite keen on the idea of the DH2 and one of the Fokker E series monoplanes, getting this has got me thinking about it again...oh Lordy where is this going to end up?!

If anybody would like to see the contents I could be persuaded to take a few pics.

There's all sorts of other naughtiness been going on recently. :wicked:
Goto Top

Jelly071
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Please bring it to our next meeting. They do look like great kits
Goto Top

peebeep
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Still on a binge, amongst other things I'm now on a mission to collect the Matchbox/Revell 1/76 armour kits.

Posted Image

Posted Image

This Revell 1/48 Fw190D is actually an Eduard re-box. If you want more than one the best deal is to buy the Eduard Dual Combi, but I won this one on ebay for under 15.00 posted, so it was a bit of a steal.

Posted Image

Finally the latest Eduard 1/72 Fw 190A iteration, couldn't resist the box art (which you can now buy as a print). As 1/72 kits go these really are the bees. I did an in-box of the Royal Class edition here, this kit contains the same sprues, PE cockpit parts & masks.

Posted Image

Goto Top

The Hooded Claw
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Realised I've not posted to this thread for 2017 and it's May.

Trying to post now would be very interesting and quite enlightening.

Ooops

THC
Goto Top

peebeep
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I have a number of acquisitions that are, um, unaccounted for here and it would take a while to post them all up. :whistle:

BTW THC what do make of this? I acquired this off of a dodgy looking geezer at Southern Expo, a bloke calling himself Vince, trading under the dubious name of 'Modelsforsale'.

Posted Image
Goto Top

The Hooded Claw
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
peebeep
May 20 2017, 08:38 PM
I have a number of acquisitions that are, um, unaccounted for here and it would take a while to post them all up. :whistle:

BTW THC what do make of this? I acquired this off of a dodgy looking geezer at Southern Expo, a bloke calling himself Vince, trading under the dubious name of 'Modelsforsale'.

Posted Image
I reckon the hairy little bugger should have rung me first.

Go on how much did you pay him for it if you can tell.

THC
Goto Top

peebeep
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Er, 25.00.
Goto Top

Harriet
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Do the Revell/Matchbox 1:76 still come with the bases?
Remember them well :)
Goto Top

The Hooded Claw
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
peebeep
May 21 2017, 01:17 PM
Er, 25.00.
I am so going to fall out with that Wookie!

THC
Goto Top

peebeep
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
It was second hand, box is in a bit of a state, probably one out of a collection he's inclined to offload cheap.
Goto Top

peebeep
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Harriet
May 21 2017, 07:36 PM
Do the Revell/Matchbox 1:76 still come with the bases?
Yep, absolutely as original, except the plastic is all one colour.
Goto Top

peebeep
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
A most interesting addition to the stash arrived this week.

Posted Image
Goto Top

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Modelling Chat · Next Topic »

Friends of Locate & Cement
Skin created by Nikku from Zathyus Networks Resources