Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
CLICK HERE to see new posts in last 24 hours
Mark all forums read
Welcome to Locate and Cement - Plastic Model Kit Review, Advice and Exchange of ideas.. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
All over for another year!
Topic Started: Nov 13 2016, 10:52 PM (482 Views)
peebeep
Member Avatar
Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious
[ *  *  * ]
Well it's all over for another year, I hope all of you that attended had a great time, I certainly did. I'm too pooped to write much at the moment, but thanks to everybody that contributed to the table. :thumbsup:

peebeep
Goto Top

phantomdriver
Member Avatar
Fox Mulder's soul brother.....
[ *  *  * ]
Yep!

Got a few bargains and chewed the fat......
Goto Top

Harriet
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Not long been back ourselves - it was a great weekend. Bargains and chat - what more could a girl want? :D
Goto Top

Grant
Member Avatar
Italian correspondent
[ *  *  * ]
An excellent weekend. Not enough time to do all the great models on show justice, but I completed my list and didn't go too over board on 'extras'. Nice work with the labels Paul.

Now...what should I build next?

cheers

Grant
Goto Top

Deanflyer
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
It was nice to meet up with everyone again...thanks for the hospitality folks!

I had a nice relaxing two days, didn't spend much but treated myself to a few nostalgia kits: 1/8 E Type Jaguar, 1/72 FW190 and Ju52, and a 1/144 Bristol Britannia. They'll keep me quiet for a while...when I can find the time to get round to them.

Cheers,
Dean
Goto Top

chrism
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Well done Paul and Grant for sorting it all out. The models looked nicely spaced out with the labels too.
Took me and Paul Bradley over 5 hours to get back. We sat in traffic inching along slowly for 2 hours on the M42. So much for our planned prompt getaway! Pulled out of the car park 4.05pm, I dropped Paul off at 9pm and got home outside my place, at 9.24pm
Goto Top

peebeep
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Sorry to hear that Chris, Tony and myself had a very good journey back to Essex after a bit of a slow start on the M6. One thing, I can't remember packing the car to leave Telford with it still being daylight!

peebeep
Goto Top

Harriet
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Ah, Sunday nights and the motorway system ... we only use the M4 and M5, and even with the roadworks we were back in 3 hrs tops. I've been doing this route most of my life due to family being in that neck of the woods, and the "Kiddi - Bridgnorth" route is quite definitely the best.
Goto Top

desmojen
Member Avatar
Iwata Goddess
[ *  *  * ]
I have to say, I've never struggled so much with traffic in all the years I've been doing SMW. I missed set up on Friday because of it, then sat in the M42 debacle for 2 hours on the way home like Chris. I'd left smartly, sailed through the M54/M6 merge and passed the M5 interchange thinking I was home and dry........

A great weekend otherwise though, it seems to get faster and faster every year and I always miss as many people (or more) than those that I see and catch up with. I've returned home fired up for the projects I'm working on, and already looking forward to the first show next year. It was lovely to see those of you that I did see, same again next year? :)

Jen.
Goto Top

peebeep
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
desmojen
Nov 15 2016, 05:30 PM
...same again next year? :)

For sure. I'll also get together a diary for 2017 of shows that we might be interested in exhibiting.

peebeep
Goto Top

Spad
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Great show, as Jen says so much to see and so many to chat to! It was good to do a little catching up and great to see the few that I did catch at the stand. See you next year and/or at one or two of the provincial shows??

ATB
Rick hoping for a much more productive year ahead!
Goto Top

Grant
Member Avatar
Italian correspondent
[ *  *  * ]
chrism
Nov 14 2016, 09:42 PM
Well done Paul and Grant for sorting it all out. The models looked nicely spaced out with the labels too.
All Paul's work this year. I was busy with Splash and So-So. Well done to all those who got models on the table!

It worked very well for me with all three groups being together. I wonder how long that will last. Again, too much to do and not enough time, but it was an excellent weekend.

We really must do it again...

cheers

Grant
Goto Top

Boffin
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Nice to catch up with folk, albeit briefly and apologies for not getting the Tomcat to the table. Hopefully next year!
Goto Top

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
« Previous Topic · SMW 2016 · Next Topic »

Friends of Locate & Cement
Skin created by Nikku from Zathyus Networks Resources