Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
CLICK HERE to see new posts in last 24 hours
Mark all forums read
Welcome to Locate and Cement - Plastic Model Kit Review, Advice and Exchange of ideas.. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
SMW14 De-brief
Topic Started: Nov 9 2014, 10:34 PM (1,763 Views)
AndyT
Member Avatar
Sound the klaxon twice and dive the Submarine!
[ *  *  * ]
Just a thought I would like to say thank you to Grant for his efforts in organising the L&C table this weekend.
I am sure you would also like to echo my thanks
Well done Grant!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Kind regards
AndyT
Goto Top

peebeep
Member Avatar
Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious
[ *  *  * ]
Indeed, many thanks to Grant for organising the tables, cards etc, also to Grant and Harriet for coming up with the yellow theme, which I think worked very well. AndyT's wacky builds, beany's stegosaurus, Harriet's Yellow Submarine and Joshua's Minion generated lots of comment, especially with younger visitors, while the more 'serious' builds also gained a lot of interest. It was a fab weekend, I hope you all had a great time.

peebeep
Goto Top

Harriet
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
I'll second all that's been said - I think it was a great weekend. Sorry I didn't get as much time spent on the stand as I'd thought I might :wub: but I seemed to be wandering round an awful lot, and I still missed such a lot!
Hope we get a few new members from everyone's efforts.
:clap: :clap: :clap: from me too.
Goto Top

Jelly071
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
It was a Great weekend
Goto Top

KallistiUk
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Agreed great weekend and my back and feet are killing me :)
The table looked fabulous, lovely variety!
Goto Top

The Hooded Claw
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Looked good from where I was stood.

Good to put faces to names and all that.

H
Goto Top

Walrus
Member Avatar
A bristle short of a full brush
[ *  *  * ]
I'm getting tired
I read that as, "Good to put faeces to names and all that"
Didn't realise Telford was a scatological event!

Good to hear everyone had a spiffing time. Wished I could have attended to see the table in person, but thanks for posting the pics up on Facebook! :thumbsup:
Goto Top

Mike W
Member Avatar
Hook down, wheels down... call the ball
[ *  *  * ]
Yup, great weekend. Kudos to Grant for sorting the labels/table for the "Yellow" theme, it drew many admiring glances.
Very busy and so much to see and so many people to see also, did not get to see some people I wanted to but ain't that just the way.
Good to meet friends old and new, still cannot believe the last time I saw Jen was Telford 2011!!!
For once I actually managed to get everything I had on my shopping list!

Goto Top

desmojen
Member Avatar
Iwata Goddess
[ *  *  * ]
Yeah, 2011!! Our two year olds have a lot to answer for!

I had a great time all weekend, I love catching up with all the people I only get to type to all year normally. I got some nice bits and bobs, a couple of nice little review kits from Colin at Freightdog, a Rufe conversion and some Mr Hobby gear from Bob at MDC, some classic Airfix and modern Hasegawa from my bff at modelsforsale; and even got most of the things on my shopping list :)

And I can only echo everyone else by thanking Grant for his efforts, both tables looked fab. And thanks to Paul for the company during our agonising (literally) hour on the door, and Rich for saving my sanity with Costa :)

Jen.
Goto Top

Harriet
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
And the rooms are booked for next year - no backing out now! :adolf:

Goto Top

peebeep
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Good stuff H. :like:

Thanks for sorting me out for this year, it makes so much sense to be staying next door.

peebeep
Goto Top

desmojen
Member Avatar
Iwata Goddess
[ *  *  * ]
Awesome, you booked the rooms already H! next job - t-shirts!

Jen.
Goto Top

chrism
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
I too can only echo what has already been said. It looked good. The yellow contrasted with the base cloths well.

I too have just booked and reserved the International again, rates seem very favourable and its so convenient, arrive, park and forget car till 5pm Sunday and have no additional parking charge. As I write this, am just awaiting confirmation email to arrive which receptionist said would be done today.
Goto Top

The Hooded Claw
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Richard M (PtCrusier) and I are in the Holiday Inn again.

After having a much more enjoyable weekend without the big commutes etc this year it seemed foolish not too.

H
Goto Top

Harriet
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Jen, there's a guy down the road who does really interesting things with vinyl on t's - I'm going down there to find out more this week ... I'll let you know!
Goto Top

dave v
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Great weekend the table looked great,my wife and I are also booked for next year, we were lucky as we rang on monday to confirm our booking at the holiday inn and there were only two rooms left,so expect a bigger crowd next year.

Dave
Goto Top

peebeep
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
T-shirt anybody?

Posted Image

peebeep
Goto Top

Grant
Member Avatar
Italian correspondent
[ *  *  * ]
Many thanks to everybody who took the time and embraced the YELLOW theme - those who did make it and those who tried but didn't quite make it in time.

The table looked very effective and covered the genres represented on L&C really well. Coming up with a new theme for 2016 that will give as much scope could be a real challenge!

Now to relax and review my purchases - just where am I going to put that Shin Meiwa when it is done???

cheers

Grant
Goto Top

beany
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
The table did look fab - I'll post my pictures of it later. Thanks to Grant for doing a great job. Brilliant weekend - it seemed very laid back. There was lots of back to back room between my CBK SIG and the Airfix Modelling SIG where I spent most of my weekend.
Here is a photo of my haul - funds were somewhat limited this year. The 1/32 Crusader was feted to be mine. I saw it in September at the Farnborough show but couldn't afford it that day, but I tracked down the same trader at Telford, searched vigorously and she was unable to elude me a second time!! My kit swap win was the Revell 1/48 Intruder which is unstarted and came with extra decals, an Eduard etch detail set and two metal Quickboost seats - all for 10.00
Posted Image

Cheers
Al.
Goto Top

beany
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
My photos of the Locate and Cement and Splash SIG tables.Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image