photo 50thlogoIPMS-3_zps63fd4937.png
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
CLICK HERE to see new posts in last 24 hours
Welcome to Locate and Cement - Plastic Model Kit Review, Advice and Exchange of ideas.. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Airfix 1/72 Vampire T.11; quick in-box
Topic Started: Feb 10 2013, 10:40 PM (1,081 Views)
peebeep
Member Avatar
Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious
[ *  *  * ]
For those that haven't seen it yet, here are some pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

As Cop has pointed out elsewhere, not everybody will like the panel lines, personally I'm not bothered, although for silver finishes you might find that they have too much accentuation. The cockpit looks suitably busy and I would think even the seats would be good enough not to warrant replacement unless you are the utmost fastidious modeller. The intake trunking, jet pipe and undercarriage look to be very well done and there should be enough in the package to enable a little gem to be produced with a little effort. Decals are nicely printed with two colourful schemes - decision, decisions...might just have to buy another one!

Cop rates this kit as OK, so although I might change my mind after I start a build, I'll beg to differ at least temporarily and say it's rather better than OK. At eight quid RRP (I got mine for seven from Mr Models) I think it's a very good value for money package and an inspired choice of subject by Airfix.

peebeep
Goto Top

Boffin
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Nice in-box. Only thing I'd add is that following the assembly instructions is key - Steps 10-12 above, Fuselage, upper wing, booms, undercarriage THEN lower wing panels! Ask me how I know!
Goto Top

Phreak
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
I had to laugh at a comment from an elderly gent at Yeovilton on Saturday.... "Vampires? They're for short-arsed pilots!"
Goto Top

peebeep
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
You'd have a job getting in one Rich!

peebeep
Goto Top

Floyd
Member Avatar
I like to mottle things.
[ *  *  * ]
Looks nice, not a massive fan of the decal options if im honest, other than that looks like a sweet little kit.
Goto Top

Harriet
Member Avatar
North Somerset MS's very own proper Welsh Dragon.
[ *  *  * ]
Oh dear - another 'silly little jet' for me, I fear!
Rather liked the Revell one - but this looks better :P
Goto Top

Walrus
Member Avatar
A bristle short of a full brush
[ *  *  * ]
As the colour chart says, WZ507 belongs to the Vampire Preservation Society.
They were involved in the research for the kit and is therefore a fitting subject.
If you go to their website the aircraft sports a rather nice grey scheme (imho)

Guess it will only be a matter of time before the AM sheets appear if they aren't already available Floyd.
Goto Top

peebeep
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Harriet, if I'd known I would have shown you mine (ooh er missus!) last Saturday. I'm sure you'll love it (oops, done it again). :fool:

peebeep
Goto Top

Harriet
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
peebeep
Feb 11 2013, 06:34 PM
Harriet, if I'd known I would have shown you mine (ooh er missus!) last Saturday. I'm sure you'll love it (oops, done it again). :fool:

peebeep
Ooooh you are awful .... :aah:
Goto Top

Phreak
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Never mind Harriet, it was very little anyway. :whistle:
Goto Top

Harriet
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Phreak
Feb 11 2013, 07:47 PM
Never mind Harriet, it was very little anyway. :whistle:
And silly, perhaps? :rofl:
Goto Top

peebeep
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Size isn't everything and lots of good things come in small packages. Besides which, little ones tickle like hell. :tease:

peebeep
Goto Top

Phreak
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
peebeep
Feb 12 2013, 05:32 PM
Size isn't everything and lots of good things come in small packages. Besides which, little ones tickle like hell. :tease:

peebeep

I won't ask the obvious!
Goto Top

peebeep
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Posted Image

Feather duster - I'm sure I don't know what else you thought I was thinking of. :fool:

peebeep
Goto Top

Walrus
Member Avatar
A bristle short of a full brush
[ *  *  * ]
Bloody Nora, Ken Dodd is looking well for his age!
Goto Top

Mentalguru
Member Avatar
Owned by Jen
[ *  *  * ]
peebeep
Feb 13 2013, 01:12 AM
Posted Image

Feather duster - I'm sure I don't know what else you thought I was thinking of. :fool:

peebeep
Paul, when you dress up, you REALLY go to town!!!

Botox for the lips?
Edited by Mentalguru, Feb 13 2013, 09:27 AM.
Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Aircraft · Next Topic »

Friends of Locate & Cement
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Skin created by Nikku from Zathyus Networks Resources