Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
CLICK HERE to see new posts in last 24 hours
Mark all forums read
Welcome to Locate and Cement - Plastic Model Kit Review, Advice and Exchange of ideas.. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
The Deanflyer Collection 2012
Topic Started: Dec 30 2012, 10:31 AM (440 Views)
Deanflyer
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Something I've noticed lately is how many people have said that they've not produced much this year compared to other years. Compared to last year, my production has risen 550%! Mind you, that wasn't difficult seeing as I only completed two builds last year...

This year started off with a Tamiya 1/48 Skyray, a previous Birthday present from my mate Karl. Cheers, mate!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Then I did another in my occasional series of aircraft from 501 Squadron, my Dad's old squadron. This was the Eduard 1/48 Hawker Tempest, with AlleyCat rear fuselage correction, and done in the markings of Sqn Ldr Joe Berry:
Posted Image

Posted Image

After that long term build, I fancied a bit of a quick build, and did the Tamiya 1/48 FW190-A3 as a speed build in only 17 hours spread over a couple of days:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Then it was on to another long build, the Tamiya 1/48 Mosquito FB.VI, built completely OOB:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Then I did the Cyber Hobby 1/200 Avro Vulcan for Spence's new magazine:
Posted Image
...and played around with it in photoshop:
Posted Image

After that it was time for a What If? for the BM Group Build. I cobbled together what Donald Campbell's next Bluebird car might have looked like if he'd not been killed at Coniston:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then I had a bit of a break with some 1/6 Dragon firearms. First was the M16:
Posted Image

Followed by two versions of the AK-47:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Then I had a funny spell for Christmas and made a Christmas tree out of a 1/72 Airfix Gnat:
Posted Image

And finally, just making it into this yearbook is the Entex 1/144 Super Guppy, built in 17 hours spread over a week:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Onwards and upwards,
Dean
Goto Top

KallistiUk
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
That Tempest looks the biz and I'd already complimented you on the Bluebird car, that was a great build considering it was cobbled together from scraps :)
Goto Top

njhanc
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Isn't there a saying about quality and quantity? All fantastic builds. The Bluebird idea is great!

Cheers,
Nick
Goto Top

« Previous Topic · End of year review 2012 · Next Topic »

Friends of Locate & Cement
Skin created by Nikku from Zathyus Networks Resources