Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
CLICK HERE to see new posts in last 24 hours
Mark all forums read
Welcome to Locate and Cement - Plastic Model Kit Review, Advice and Exchange of ideas.. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
2012 models by Grant Matthews
Topic Started: Dec 29 2012, 08:22 PM (748 Views)
Grant
Member Avatar
Italian correspondent
[ *  *  * ]
Well 2011 was a very slow year, so I promised myself I would get some made this year.

January saw the completion of a 1/72nd Airfix Sea King, in the rather fetching Norwegian colour scheme.
Posted Image

Spurred on, in February I went for colour again, this time the 1/72nd Eduard Weekend Edition Albatros D.V.
Posted Image

May saw the completion of a rebuild for the archive guys at work. Somebody had dropped a scratch built balsa model
of a Blackburn Bluebird, so I cleaned it up, made some new decals for the side panel and replaced the propeller.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Then, I had a bit of a set back. The 1/72nd Profiline MD 500. I didn't seal the doors properly and got paint
sprayed all over the inside. The cleaning attempts resulted in a broken kit. So I saved the floats and decals
and will try again sometime.
Posted Image

To cheer myself up I did a quick build of the 1/72nd Airfix Angel Interceptor. Pure Nostalgia!
Posted Image

The I turned to aerobatic teams for even more colour. First up, in June, was a 1/72nd Airfix F-86
in the colours of the Frecce Tricolori. A rare blue sky day saw some nice photos taken.
Posted Image

The was followed, in August, by another 1/72nd Airfix F-86, this time in Turkish 'Flying Swan' team markings.
Posted Image

Throughout, a WNW SE5a had been moving along in the background, and October saw that finished.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Come December I put the finishing touches to a 1/72nd Karaya Gloster III Schneider racer
Posted Image

and I built a 1/72nd ESCI F-5A in the colours of the Norwegian display team the 'Flying Jokers'.
I have yet to make the pole(s) for the in-flight display, but you get the idea...
Posted Image

9/10 for the year (when I normally only manage about 4).

For 2013 it looks like:

For the Grandson of someone who worked on the S.6B:
1/72nd Pavla Supermarine S.6B

For the SPLASH SIG table at Telford:
1/72nd CMR Sikorsky S-38
1/72nd Hobbyboss Otter with Khee Kha Turbo conversion

For the L&C table at Telford:
1/72nd Airfix Bristol Fighter in 2 Sqdn markings (1959 vintage mold)
1/72nd Revell Tornado in Xtradecal 2 Sqdn markings (1990s? mold)

Happy New Year everyone

Grant
Edited by Grant, May 19 2015, 10:27 AM.
Goto Top

Mike W
Member Avatar
Hook down, wheels down... call the ball
[ *  *  * ]
Lovely stuff!
I must get me one of those WNWkits tis year.
Goto Top

Jelly071
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Great Builds. The Se5 is a work of Art
Goto Top

Spad
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Lovely stuff!
Really liking that SE and great recovery work on the Bluebird.

cheers
Rick
Goto Top

KallistiUk
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Gotta agreee that SE5 looks fantastic - I'd never have the steadiness of hand to do all that rigging!
Goto Top

njhanc
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Rigging looks great on all of them. The Bluebird and the Sea King are my favourites though. Nice collection!

Cheers,
Nick
Goto Top

Acky190
Member Avatar
NATO, why dig in when you can check in!!
[ *  *  * ]
Really nice builds Grant, you have made a lovely job of the Airfix Sea King which I am led to beleive is a pig of a kit!
Goto Top

« Previous Topic · End of year review 2012 · Next Topic »

Friends of Locate & Cement
Skin created by Nikku from Zathyus Networks Resources