Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to i2eye Fan Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Board Conversion/Future of i2eye Fan Forum
Topic Started: Aug 5 2018, 01:30 PM (12 Views)
i2eye
Admin
Admin
Dear member of i2eye Fan Forum,

It may or may not have been a while since you have visited i2eye, but we wanted to do our best to try and contact all members and let you know what is going on with the site. If you have visited the site recently, you may have noticed that i2eye Fan Forum no longer looks the same as it used to look.
This is because of a forced conversion from InvisionFree (the forum service that previously hosted i2eye) to ZetaBoards. This conversion meant, among other things, that the board's look changed dramatically, and e-mail notifications of replies and Personal Messages no longer work. In short, we were forced to convert from InvisionFree to either Tapatalk or ZetaBoards. We chose ZetaBoards since we preferred the look and feel of it over Tapatalk and it offered the same familiar customer support as with InvisionFree. We were led to believe that was the end of it - that we would just continue on with ZetaBoards. However, another forced conversion will be taking place sometime very soon from ZetaBoards to Tapatalk. We have seen a preview of the board, and it does not look very nice. In addition, there are many other things we do not like about Tapatalk. We would hate for the board to just disappear however, even though it has been relatively inactive recently, so we're looking into what our options are concerning the future of i2eye.

You should know that there is apparently the possibility that, since our board hasn't yet been converted, it could disappear altogether(!) once the migrations are complete.

Since we're unsure of when the conversion might occur (or if the board will just disappear at some point), we strongly encourage you to save all your Private Messages and anything else you might like to save for private use AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. For information on how to save your Private Messages, see the bottom of this message.

If you have questions or need help, please let us know by sending us an e-mail at i2eyefanforum@gmail.com or posting a message on the forum.

We hope to see you back, no matter what happens next.
Sincerely,
Tracy (tis*me!) and zeilfanaat

Instructions for saving off your Private Messages:
  • Go to your Inbox.
  • Select "Download Messages" under "Manage Messages".
  • Under "Download Message Archive", select the folder you want to download (Inbox or Archive; "Drafts" is an option but it doesn't appear that it will download any draft messages).
  • For Download cutoff chose "All" Days "and older" if you want to download all your messages.
  • Click the "Request Download" button.
  • Your messages will be downloaded in html format - open the file (it will come up in your web browser) and verify that it looks like it successfully downloaded your messages. Right click on the web page and choose "Save as..." and save the file on your computer.
You will need to follow the above process for each folder you want to download your messages from. If you'd prefer to do it only once, you can first archive all your Inbox messages, so that you only need to download messages from "Archive" folder. To do that you would check all your Inbox messages (it would have to be done page by page) and then click the "Archive" button.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Site News and Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply