Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
CT Callsign Lists 11m Division Numbers= 11m Frequency Chart RadioZing Shop  Farnborough Communications

Welcome to the official Charlie Tango DX Group CB And Amateur Radio Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Charlie Tango DX is a group dedicated to Hobby Radio Users in all forms, whether CB, Amateur, PMR446, Scanning and Short Wave Listening.
We are a very active and friendly group that welcomes anyone from anywhere in the world who has an interest in Radio, regardless of their level of experience, their equipment, their location, or their radio preference. We have members varying from fully qualified operators on the Amateur Bands, to newcomers who have just bought a PMR446 set, and many CBers both old and new. All are equal on the Site.

The CT Site contains many reviews, tips and modifications within the forums, and we take pride that no sensible question is ever left unanswered, and nobody is ever belittled or mocked for asking an honest question, no matter how simple it may seem. We were all new to the hobby once.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join Charlie Tango you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in polls, viewing modifications and more.

If you are not yet a member: Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Simply CLICK HERE to start the Registration process. Your application will need to include your personal name and approximate location, it will require you to confirm your email, and then be signed-off by one of our Admin Staff, but this is usually completed within 24 hours (48 max)

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
colt 485 dx black shadow; restored to near mint!
Topic Started: 15 May 2012 - 20:48 (993 Views)
UKSniper1
Member Avatar

hi guys,,finally finished restoring my lovely 80's colt black shadow 485 dx today..just waiting for a volume knob for her to turn up from some where(if you have one please,,please pm me!!!,,,cash waiting!!!)as it has one off a 148 by the looks of it ..haven't got any before pictures sorry,,but here's the after ones...ok..first off had to refit a female power case plug,as some one had pulled the old one out and cut it off to put wire connectors on it!(why do people do this?!!!)..ok next was a full hover and clean out,,signal meter needed turning up a tad as it was lazy,speaker had a broken wire,so put that right,,then it was a few hours polishing the chrome and knobs and face plate,,then a good mate of mine shot blasted the case plates and powder coated them with 2 coats of high gloss black!!(cheers Doug mate)..ok here's the piccies...
atb..Wayne.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
108CT020
icom 706 mk-2
ldg z-100 atu
sigma lw-40 long wire
pro whips delta loop(6 meter legs)
ar-303 rotator
zetagi 4 way antenna switch
zetagi swr/power meter
baofeng uv5r
2x binatone pmr's
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ugly_Bob
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 065

Love those powder coated cases.... Does he fancy doing some Jackson ones ? ;)
Ugs :pirate:
Posted Image
The Guy Who Put The Poop in 'Poop Deck'!
Posted Image

UKSniper1
Member Avatar

Ugly_Bob
15 May 2012 - 20:52
Love those powder coated cases.... Does he fancy doing some Jackson ones ? ;)
Ugs :pirate:
hi mate..cheers ;) ..they look even better in real life the small speckles on them is just dust offa the cloth i used to wipe it with,honest mate they like a mirror!.. :)
lol i will ask him,as he's just started doing work for us guys in the 4x4 club,and might be able to help you pal..
atb..Wayne.
Edited by UKSniper1, 15 May 2012 - 21:03.
108CT020
icom 706 mk-2
ldg z-100 atu
sigma lw-40 long wire
pro whips delta loop(6 meter legs)
ar-303 rotator
zetagi 4 way antenna switch
zetagi swr/power meter
baofeng uv5r
2x binatone pmr's

SwiftNick
CT Default Avatar

im gonna have a look in my shed. sure that ive got one of those knobs up there.
that would be the finishing touch
cheers 456

SwiftNick
CT Default Avatar

yep i found one of them knobs

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Restorations · Next Topic »
Add Reply

This Website, Name, Logos and Products Are Copyright To Charlie Tango DX Group 2009 - 2013
All Rights Reserved - No Part Of This Site May Be Copied Without Prior Written Permission.
Take a look at our Terms Of Service or Contact Us

View My Stats