Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
CT Callsign Lists 11m Division Numbers= 11m Frequency Chart RadioZing Shop  Farnborough Communications

Welcome to the official Charlie Tango DX Group CB And Amateur Radio Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Charlie Tango DX is a group dedicated to Hobby Radio Users in all forms, whether CB, Amateur, PMR446, Scanning and Short Wave Listening.
We are a very active and friendly group that welcomes anyone from anywhere in the world who has an interest in Radio, regardless of their level of experience, their equipment, their location, or their radio preference. We have members varying from fully qualified operators on the Amateur Bands, to newcomers who have just bought a PMR446 set, and many CBers both old and new. All are equal on the Site.

The CT Site contains many reviews, tips and modifications within the forums, and we take pride that no sensible question is ever left unanswered, and nobody is ever belittled or mocked for asking an honest question, no matter how simple it may seem. We were all new to the hobby once.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join Charlie Tango you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in polls, viewing modifications and more.

If you are not yet a member: Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Simply CLICK HERE to start the Registration process. Your application will need to include your personal name and approximate location, it will require you to confirm your email, and then be signed-off by one of our Admin Staff, but this is usually completed within 24 hours (48 max)

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Noise between 26 and 27 mhz band; Ticky noise on most of 11 metre band
Topic Started: 23 Apr 2012 - 10:26 (522 Views)
Sharky
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 776

I have a ticky noise covering from 25 mhz up to the middle of the 27 mhz or muppet frequency from channel 1 to channel 38 ,channel 39 and 40 perfect no noise .just looks like the 11 metre band as the 10 metre is fine
The ticky noise is only on received modulation only

I have turned very electrical appliance off run a earth from radio to copper pipe in house ,also tried different main socket in house
I am running a siro gain master swr 1.1
palstar 60 amp switching power supply
I have 3 radios all given the same noise
Should i run a earth wire from my fiber glass ant or not

Has anybody had the same problem if so how to over come this
Thanks mark from bournemouth
Edited by Sharky, 23 Apr 2012 - 14:22.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sharky
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 776

Sharky
23 Apr 2012 - 10:26
I have a ticky noise covering from 25 mhz up to the middle of the 27 mhz or muppet frequency from channel 1 to channel 38 ,channel 39 and 40 perfect no noise .just looks like the 11 metre band as the 10 metre is fine
The ticky noise is only on received modulation only

I have turned very electrical appliance off run a earth from radio to copper pipe in house ,also tried different main socket in house
I am running a siro gain master swr 1.1
palstar 60 amp switching power supply
I have 3 radios all given the same noise
Should i run a earth wire from my fiber glass ant or not

Has anybody had the same problem if so how to over come this
Thanks mark from bournemouth
I have been carrying out some tests to day
I have bypassed the power supply and used a battary still have the same problem noise on incoming modulation
Next test i turned off the fuse box in the house and the noise has gone
I then found out it was the fuse breaker for the kitchen and living room so i turn the breakers back on,
I then turned off all the switch off in both rooms and it did not work the noise is still there
The only way i can turn this noise off is manually turn the fuse breaker off on fuse box for both rooms
From my findings it could be the wiring in the house causing the problem

Has anybody had the same problem as me

mark from bournemouth

BigTone
CT Default Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 4498
That suggests something that is on the breaker but not on a switch???
Central heating boiler?
If not that I would suggest calling out a Sparky

Mark DX
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 554

I think your one of the lucky ones "least you have found it and you can do somthing about it ie its not the nextdoor with there crap plasma tv etc .

Mark 554.

Hob
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 715

Don't think this will be of any help but I had the same problem a "tick" "tick" "tick" on ssb turned out to be an electric stock fence ! The tick tick tick was the electrical pulse sent down the wire from its power supply. Thought I would post this in case someone was static mobile and had this problem and were parked near an electric fence.

Nubster
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 050

I ve been getting that tick tick noise also now and then, I'm home base in North London in a house so no electric fences dont need them, only mad staffie dogs or killer cats to protect our homes LOL
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Monty
Member Avatar
108 Charlie Tango 310

Sometimes I've had that 'static tick'
Lasts for a while and then stops. Maybe 7 or 8 seconds
apart. It's Olgas brother, Ivan mate :blink:
Iota Eu 010 Outer Hebrides, Isle of Lewis, Scotland

Ferret Tom
CT Default Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 389

I agree with Mark your luky i have 7 to 8 pound of noise from a neighbor of there plasma tv most of the time

High Voltage
Member Avatar
108 Charlie Tango 054

Monty
25 Apr 2012 - 15:11
It's Olgas brother, Ivan mate :blink:
:D :D :D :D
[marq=left]Sorry sir, I've rolled the Land Rover over, over.........[/marq]

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Captain Kirk
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 013
central heating timer maybe?
Captain Kirk-John 26CT013/26TM013 mobile South Cheshire UK34 FM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Any Other Radio Equipment · Next Topic »
Add Reply

This Website, Name, Logos and Products Are Copyright To Charlie Tango DX Group 2009 - 2013
All Rights Reserved - No Part Of This Site May Be Copied Without Prior Written Permission.
Take a look at our Terms Of Service or Contact Us

View My Stats