Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Wickedwabbit. We hope you enjoy your visit.


You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.


Join our community!


If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
  • 1
  • 71
( TOW Side ) So it begins... Again.; " Time gone wrong! "
Topic Started: Feb 3 2011, 06:21 AM (10,139 Views)
Invoker
Member Avatar
Lich King
( OOC: And so it will begin ... Again ... Soon!

The following links are for new and old alike to help you reaquainted
with the Old World.

TOW Calendar

Some World History and Background

T.O.W Cities, Towns and Villages


Posted Image )
Do you ever feel like someone is watching you? It's me! ~ Invoker

Just because it don't have bars and locks doesn't means it's not a prison! ~ Invoker
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Invoker
Member Avatar
Lich King
And so it begins... Again.

{ The scene starts familiar to some but new to others. For Larissa and
Jack it seems as if they have lost time. Not that either will be complaining
any. Due to this strange and somewhat localized occurrence both of them
are now back where they started before everything had gone terribly wrong.

Everett is new to the area and to the ruins but it is mid day now and the
weather is pleasant and sunny out with a light breeze. With the Valley of
Iskar looming in the distance the ruins look more inviting at the moment.
}

( OOC: Okay - Just so we are all on the same page here, this is basically
an encounter type situation. Its unique do to the fact that both sides are
players. You should be able to discern from your PMs and the above information
who is in the position of being unaware and who is in the position of realizing
there is something to encounter. Also do not assume the the SPOT CHECKS
that each of you rolled has anything to do with this encounter. I'm not saying
they don't I'm just saying don't assume that. )
Do you ever feel like someone is watching you? It's me! ~ Invoker

Just because it don't have bars and locks doesn't means it's not a prison! ~ Invoker
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Jimu113
Member Avatar
Lich King
Jack's spot check

* Jackís eyes snap open! You find yourself lying on the ground next to
the device that sent you below ground. Everything you had left above
ground is still there; your animals are casually grazing on small bunches
of grass growing from the spots that are exposed to light. The events of
what took place are still very fresh in your mind, as if it happened only
moments ago yet you feel completely fine just as you did before spinning
the dial. You don't have any new scars or new blood stains yet you know
it wasnít a dream. There was a another you remember, your sure it was
his ego and arrogance that got you all killed but your having a hard time
remembering what he looked like. You go to say his name but it doesnít
come. You look over and Larissa is just doing the same as you. Looking
around and looking confused!. *

*As Jack tries the name, he finally gives up. He then squints his eyes for a moment, then shakes his head. As he does, his slightly open mouth catches air and makes his cheeks flap with a disgustingly funny sound; it is similar to a jowled dog shaking off lake water. After he finishes that, he looks towards Larissa.*

"What drinks was I overindulging in last night?"



Posted Image

The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
- Gary Gygax

Blesed are the cracked, for they let the light in

"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away". Tom Waits.

come on, I been through so many editions, I'm 10th level just from character creation
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Deleted User
Deleted User

(Spot Check)

Quote:
 
* Larissaís eyes snap open! You find yourself lying on the ground next
to the device that sent you below ground. Everything you had left above
ground is still there; your owl is perched up high on a partially collapsed
wall near you. The events of what took place are still very fresh in your
mind, as if it happened only moments ago yet you feel completely fine
just as you did before spinning the dial. You don't have any new scars or
new blood stains yet you know it wasnít a dream. There was a another
you remember, your sure it was his ego and arrogance that got you all
killed but your having a hard time remembering what he looked like. You
go to say his name but it doesnít come. You look over and see Jack, hes
doing the same as you looking around and looking confused. *


*After I sit up, I try to say the name until I hear Jack make some weird noise. Feeling a bit shocked from the surreal images and sensations that are fresh in my mind. Slowly getting up I look back to my friend.*

"Somehow I don't think that we were drinking. Happened to me too."

*Once I'm standing and sturdy, walk over and start gathering anything thats mine and pull my hood up over my head. Then using my hand as a visor, I look around to get my bearings.*

"So... what do we do now, Jack, what direction would you start heading in?"

Quote Post Goto Top
 
Aloss
Member Avatar
Zombie Warrior
( OOC: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2879503/ not sure if I did that right but that is Everett's spot check, rolled a 5 with a plus 9 totaling 14 if link does not work)

* You have been traveling off and on for the past couple of weeks not
really sure exactly you will end up but traveling gives you time to reflect
and you've learned that there are many little settlements and places
along the way that aren't always known by the locals in town or the big
metropolitan cities. As you head in a general easterly direction, you are
also aware that the forest that you have been in has begun to thin out.
In the far distance you catch a glimpse of the great Valley of Iskar and
see its enormous girth as it stretches out before you, with the Hills of Attu
and the Mountains of Alkamarr to the south and the towering cliffs on the
edge of the Forest of Tyrol to the north. *

[ There are many rumors and legends about the Valley of Iskar that
have been carried across the lands. Its known as a very dangerous
place, a place where many have not returned and those that have usually
have suffered from sort of madness. It is known as a place of evil and
death but it is also known to be a quicker route when traveling across the
kingdom. ]

* After traveling most of the morning you can finally see the valley
before you, you can also make out some ruins that look as if a large
city stood 100's of years earlier. Even from this distance its clear by
some of the larger structures sticking into the sky that it has not been
maintained. It looks as if your path will take you right by it in order to
continue on your way. A little further on as you approach you can plainly
see fresh tracks that lead into the ruins, both animal and humanoid. *


*Noticing the tracks Everett thinks to himself*
So, there are others here...
*His head following the tracks as far as he can see them*
I hope they are friendly, traveling alone is just to...quiet.
*He then begins to follow the tracks, with his eyes and ears on alert for whoever left them*


( OOC: Just a note I am still abit new to posting on forums so if I do something wrong please point it out to me. I will never learn if I don't know.)
Game world of my own design Ryu's Gift check it out, you know you want to
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Invoker
Member Avatar
Lich King
Everett:

* The tracks lead further into the ruins towards a large standing building
which for the most part seems intact. Most of the domed ceiling remains
minus a few large holes. Itís obvious that at one time it was a very prosperous
city, the lavishness of the buildings and the way everything seemed to be
perfect straight lines when it come to streets and lanes. As your eyes meet
the base of the building you think you see a darkly robed figure dash inside
the building through an opening in the wall. Itís too far to make out clearly
for sure but your sure you seen something. *

( OOC: Just so you know Cody I donít tend to lead the story I let the players
make the decision as to what they do next so you will not hear things like "
Do you go investigate the ruins or do you travel on." To me it feels like Iím
trying to pull you in and I would prefer the player to blame themselves or
their teammates instead of saying something like " The DM lead me in there
and then tried killing me! ". )


------------------------------------------------------------

Larissa:

* As the two of you discuss the details of what seems like only hours before
you notice movement near the back of the building. You think it was a darkly
robed man. By the time you focus on him heís gone, stepping through an
opening in the wall. *

-----------------------------------------------------------

Jack:

* You continue chatting with the attractive yet deadly female that you have
come to know as Larissa Orli. She seems to be staring off towards the rear
of the building. *
Do you ever feel like someone is watching you? It's me! ~ Invoker

Just because it don't have bars and locks doesn't means it's not a prison! ~ Invoker
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Deleted User
Deleted User

*I hold my hand up to Jack in the motion to quit talking and turn to him with my index finger over my lips. As I draw my sword I ask him quietly.*

"Did you see that?... It looks like someone's watching us!..."

*I trail off as I look up to where Julie is Perched. Thinking to her I ask.*

Julie, would you fly over there and show me what you can see?

*Looking back towards Jack I say quietly.*

"I'm asking her if she'll check it out for us..."
Quote Post Goto Top
 
Aloss
Member Avatar
Zombie Warrior
Maybe that was who I was following, but did they see me and if so why run away inless it is a trap.

*Everett begins to rush over to the building on the look out for any signs of an ambush or trap*

Sometimes the best way to disable a trap is to set it off.


( OOC:As you may or may not find out, in life I am a very passive person who does not do well when given the lead so the occasional point in the right direction is welcome as long as I don't find myself lead around on a leash all the time, and the only time I blame the GM for a death, ect is when I think ether he/she had a good reason [character was not playing well with others, ect] or he/she did not mean to, then I move on and make a new character. Also I normally will not post my character's thoughts this much but I have to make it sound a little better then "I go over to the ruins" and with no one else to interact/talk to yet it seemed like the best answer.)
Game world of my own design Ryu's Gift check it out, you know you want to
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Deleted User
Deleted User

[I should probably use my shield too...]

*Sheething my sword, I grab my buckler and equip it onto my left arm and then pull my sword again. Looking over to Jack I say quietly.*

"Lets go, you sneak around the left side, and I'll go right..."
Quote Post Goto Top
 
Jimu113
Member Avatar
Lich King
*Jack manages to shake off the vestiges of the slumber as Larissa asks about the next move. He begins to suggest entering the ruins, when Larissa mentions that someone is watching. He quickly gets himself armed, armored and geared, and then tries to sneak to the opening. Unfortuantely, his foot grazes a patch of gravel along the way. He stops, foot not quite planted yet; after a moment, he looks nearby his foot and whispers.*

"Harvey, quit getting underfoot!"
Posted Image

The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
- Gary Gygax

Blesed are the cracked, for they let the light in

"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away". Tom Waits.

come on, I been through so many editions, I'm 10th level just from character creation
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Invoker
Member Avatar
Lich King
Everett :

* You rush to the building you see the man enter. This takes longer than
you expected. By the time you reach the building you are a bit winded but
the robed figure is nowhere to be seen. You don't set off any traps that
youíre aware of and the robed figure made no effort to hide his steps. They
seem to lead inside looking in the direction the tracks come from they go
down the wall and around the corner to the north. *

( OOC: Roll a LISTEN CHECK 13 or higher you hear the sounds of movement
inside. Furthermore if you get a 15 or higher you hear the familiar sounds of
weapons and such. )


-----------------------------------------------------------------

Larissa :

* Without waiting to see what Jack does you head off taking the right side.
by the time you get clear site of where you think the robed figure went
through you see only that. As you get closer you see no effort was made
to hide his footsteps. In your mindís eye Julie is sending you what sheís
seeing. The sensation takes you by surprise at first but this quickly passes
and your able to see what sheís seeing overlaid over your vision. You catch
Jack scolding something near his feet then he gets closer, so do you. *

{ Julie circles tightly at first but increasing the width with each pass. At first
you see the layout of the ruins unfold from her unique perspective. She has
spotted at least two potential meals and you think you can even feel her
desire to feed. After about the third pass the familiar figure is spotted calmly
walking in an easterly direction following one of the streets. He doesnít seem
to notice Julie. }

Jack :

* Harvey looks up at you with longing eyes then says in a loud angry voice *

" Why donít you watch where youíre going! A guy could get his neck broke
with you walking around! Now get moving!
"

* You head towards the opening. You and Larissa reach a spot just before
the opening where you are now back together. *
Do you ever feel like someone is watching you? It's me! ~ Invoker

Just because it don't have bars and locks doesn't means it's not a prison! ~ Invoker
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Deleted User
Deleted User

*Using my thoughts I thank Julie and tell her.*

[Go ahead and feed if its safe, hun. And thank you again for doing such a great job in helping us. Remind me as soon as we get to a town to get you some special food.]

*Then I look outside to the left and then quickly peak to the right and after I can tell that its safe I motion the all clear to Jack and head outside. Talking quietly I say.*

"Julie seen him outside heading down a street heading east, lets go!"

*I step out and look around to see if any of the streets match what I saw through her eyes.*
Quote Post Goto Top
 
Aloss
Member Avatar
Zombie Warrior
( OOC: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2882519/ 11+11=22 observing one's environment is a skill all monks should be good at B) )


*Hearing the sound of weapons and movement leaves little doubt in Everett's mind, that this is an ambush, what else could it be after all, but not willing to let him self be detoured he continues on, much slower and more cautious then before, not wanting to be as winded or surprised by what he believes to be an upcoming attack*


( OOC: I am implying that all the sounds I hear are coming from inside this building. If this is not the case and the weapons I am hearing are coming from where the tracks came from I would hide were I can see both the entrance and where the tracks, and sound came from. Hide Check if needed http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2882532/ 2+2=4 Never really needing or wanting to sneak around leaves him with little skill or knowledge in the arts of stealth)
Game world of my own design Ryu's Gift check it out, you know you want to
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Invoker
Member Avatar
Lich King
( OOC : Nice post Cody - Yes you are right in assuming the sounds were
coming from inside, sorry if I wasnít clear enough. Are you looking in through
the opening? If you continue just to listen the sounds quickly fade, if you are
going to look in or go through the opening I can describe what you see. Note
at anytime you feel like making some type of check you can. I like for my players
to take this initiative it shows they're not only role-playing but also thinking in
rule terms. A lot of the time I will ask for a check but not say what itís for so
as not to give away the action. You can either add to your post if Jim hasnt
posted yet or if he has make a new post. )
Do you ever feel like someone is watching you? It's me! ~ Invoker

Just because it don't have bars and locks doesn't means it's not a prison! ~ Invoker
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Aloss
Member Avatar
Zombie Warrior
( OOC: not meaning to be rude but I said "he continues on" though I should have been more clear myself )


*glancing inside the door way, if he does not see anything that seems out of place he enters (lighting a torch first if it is dark enough to need one) looking for signs of the people he knows are here*


( OOC:I know this will ether require a spot check or I will need one soon enough so here it is http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2883215/ 13+9=22 )
Game world of my own design Ryu's Gift check it out, you know you want to
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Invoker
Member Avatar
Lich King
( OOC: My bad Cody - Your not being rude. I'm quite capable of making
mistakes. I guess my mind was looking for the word 'through" I guess
continuing on was probably read as carrying on or something. Never take
anything Iím saying in OOC as me being pissed off ( unless their all caps ).
I read each post multiple times but most often its sometime during the wee
hours of the AM. Once Jim posts I can give you an accurate description of
the scene. Its mid day and although the walls and some of the inner structures
are still mainly intact, much of the inside is exposed to the direct light. There
are pockets of darkness/shadow but nothing Everett would feel he would
need a torch for. )
Do you ever feel like someone is watching you? It's me! ~ Invoker

Just because it don't have bars and locks doesn't means it's not a prison! ~ Invoker
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Jimu113
Member Avatar
Lich King
*Jack starts to say something to Harvey, only to stop and give a "Meh!" sound while waving a hand at the blusn colored coney. He then follows Larissa out into the street, while chanting a verse.*

"Whack a mole whack a mole whacka mole."

*With a look back at the horses, he soon follows Larissa. As he does, he keeps an eye out for the robed fellow, as well as anything dangerous, like loose stones, a random thought...*

(OOc: spot check And Jack is back in action)
Posted Image

The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
- Gary Gygax

Blesed are the cracked, for they let the light in

"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away". Tom Waits.

come on, I been through so many editions, I'm 10th level just from character creation
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Invoker
Member Avatar
Lich King
Everett :

* You glance inside to see most of it collapsed, there are remnants of the
internal walls scattered around, on the far left wall you can see where the
stairs head to the second floor but a large gap in them prevents further
accession. Large columns of light burst through collapsed areas of the roof.
Suddenly you notice some movement near the center of the building still
some 60ft away. A mule and a horse are casually standing near a large alter
shaped device made of some sort of polished stone. For some reason it does
not seem to have fallen to the ages of time like the rest of this place. It looks
to be about 20ft wide and its circular shape seems to hold rings with some
type of markings maybe. In the distance behind it you can see the dust
particles floating in the columns of light giving away that someone or thing
was here just moments ago. *

------------------------------------------------------------

Larissa (normal vision returns btw) & Jack :

* As the two of you step out of the back side of the building you both
quickly spot the figure ( Jack does first but Larissa sees too before Jack
has to mention it ) He still seems to be moving away from you in a calm
manner still in an easterly direction. Just over about 300ft. As far as your
aware the figure hasnít spotted the two of you and there is plenty of wall
rubble around you to duct into cover if need be. *

Do you ever feel like someone is watching you? It's me! ~ Invoker

Just because it don't have bars and locks doesn't means it's not a prison! ~ Invoker
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Aloss
Member Avatar
Zombie Warrior
What a strange object, but no time for that now, have to find out who's here and why
*not wanting to lose the trail, Everett, enters the ruins and heads in the direction that he thinks this person went, being careful not to spook the animals as he passes*
Game world of my own design Ryu's Gift check it out, you know you want to
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Tempest13
Member Avatar
Lich
Quote:
 
* You been heading in a southerly direction for about two weeks
now back from a visit to your second cousin Moradaim who has
been making armor for the king of Taras. It was enjoyable being
a guest in the great city and working alongside your cousin was
an added bonus. Over the past few days the weather has been
warm and sunny and the old familiar ruins getting closer all the
time. One morning while youíre breaking down camp only a few
hours away from the ruins you happen to notice something
strange.

A ripple of energy creates a momentary bubble that engulfs the
large building in the center. The curious thing was that as the
bubble expanded and before it Ďpoppedí a few small birds got
caught up in its wake and for a brief moment they began to fly
backwards! But as the magical bubble Ďpoppedí they vanished all
together yet the building it seemed to remain unchanged.

You have heard strange tales during your travels about that place
but on the many occasions that you have passed through the ruins
there has never been anything of great interest there Ė well besides
the beautiful device that sits in the center of the grand cathedral
which is one of the most intact of the buildings left behind. Somehow
it doesnít seem to fit in its surroundings yet there it was. It shows
no signs of age or damage. You remember staring into its stone
thinking it was almost like looking into the night sky on a moonless
night. It was also mechanical in nature being there were those 3
concentric rings that actually rotated around. Even the symbols on
it were nothing you had ever seen before. *


*Gondin finishes packing his camp , armoring up and takes his loaded crossbow in one hand, Draft Horse(Dwarven warhorse) reins in the other and walks closer to the ruins hoping for another 'show' of backwards birdy. Talking loudly to himself and the Horse-"Did you see that! Gotta be some sort a Magic doo-hicky. Let's go git a looksee!"

(Wee will look about the area carefully grumbling to himself all the while, hoping to come across someone or something even more interesting)
Quote-"We ARE the Woods!"
"I assure you I am not here to hunt ANIMALS!"
"Stay far enough way and well hidden and you will live a long life!"
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Old World · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:
  • 1
  • 71