Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Scent of Samadhi
Topic Started: Jan 17 2018, 06:37 PM (47 Views)
Kamalam
Member Avatar
Advanced Boop
In my search for a natural deodorant, I've tried several products. My latest experimentation is a powder called Scent of Samadhi. It's like a yummy incense but better (along the lines of Nag Champa). You only need a pinch that you rub under your arms.

After doing some chores today I can't say it totally kept all odor at bay, but I can say it worked better than other things I've tried. Plus that sandalwood/rose scent continued to interact with my skin in a pleasant, subtle way. Sometimes when you put scent on your skin it changes over the course of the day but this product stayed the the same and I really liked that. You could easily go overboard with the scent so just a pinch does the trick.

All in all, I really like the product even if it isn't perfect. Still haven't found "the one" but this is a super nice option when you're not planning on anything too physical.
Posted Image
Click for weather forecast
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Navi
Member Avatar
Infinite One
Interesting. Added it to my list for future reference and hopefully purchase.
My choice? All the way down the rabbit hole.Posted Image

Skookum
Member Avatar
*sis~boom~bah*
-Meanwhile Back at The Mother Earth News-

I keep a small washcloth soaked in rubbing alcohol in a tight-lidded jar which I rub underarms after bathing (or otherwise need a "refresher" :shades: )
The alcohol kills most of the surface bacteria for a time & the unpleasant odor of the alcohol vanishes quickly so does not interfere with more pleasing odors around. Contrary to popular belief, alcohol does not burn the skin unless you put it on freshly shaved, broken or irritated skin; or of course mucous membranes.
Duration of effectiveness, I think, varies individually on stress level or maybe hormone cycle? For me this usually lasts all day.
Do One Thing Every Day That Scares Your Family 🐟

Whenever you lose, keep fighting. Chris Mazder - luge
👍
Posted Image

Kamalam
Member Avatar
Advanced Boop
Skookum
Jan 21 2018, 04:57 PM
-Meanwhile Back at The Mother Earth News-

I keep a small washcloth soaked in rubbing alcohol in a tight-lidded jar which I rub underarms after bathing (or otherwise need a "refresher" :shades: )
The alcohol kills most of the surface bacteria for a time & the unpleasant odor of the alcohol vanishes quickly so does not interfere with more pleasing odors around. Contrary to popular belief, alcohol does not burn the skin unless you put it on freshly shaved, broken or irritated skin; or of course mucous membranes.
Duration of effectiveness, I think, varies individually on stress level or maybe hormone cycle? For me this usually lasts all day.
Awesome info. I've been wondering about using my favorite organic lavender hand sanitizer as a refresher or just after a shower. It has 62% organic alcohol (non-GMO) and it occurred to me that if it sanitizes hands, why not my pits?! :laugh: :hardehar: So now I know I can give this a try without feeling as if I will irritate my skin. I'll have to report back on effectiveness. The Scent of Samadhi is so amazing but I find I'm using more than the recommended amount because I like the way it smells so much. And the container is pretty small so this is not going to end well with my wallet if I use it as a daily deodorant!
Posted Image

Skookum
Member Avatar
*sis~boom~bah*
I love the scent of lavender & when I feel the need to stretch out the endurance there, I like Tom's lavender-flavored stick deo.
Sounds like you might be onto something; the perfume in that product COULD burn, though.....so take it slow & check a small spot. :biggrin:

"...it occurred to me that if it sanitizes hands, why not my pits?!"

Why not??!! :th-up:
I love "guess & check". Well, as long as it doesn't end in disaster. :snicker:

👍
Posted Image

Kamalam
Member Avatar
Advanced Boop
Skooks, just wanted to give you an update! I tried my hand sanitizer. Love the scent but the percentage of alcohol must be too low because I didn't have good results mid-day.

Went out and bought regular rubbing alcohol (91%) and with a cotton ball dabbed under each arm. Wow! I'm super impressed. I mean really, really impressed.

Simple but effective. Oh, and cheap! Thank you!! :th-up:
Posted Image

Skookum
Member Avatar
*sis~boom~bah*

Great!! :th-up:

COOL! Yeah, cheap, did I forget to mention CHEAP?? :biggrin:

:hardehar:
the hand sanitizer = Posted Image

👍
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Fashion, Style, Beauty · Next Topic »
Add Reply