Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Jellyfish Chips: YUM!
Topic Started: Oct 11 2017, 08:43 PM (37 Views)
The Whether Man
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Posted Image

Move over, roast crickets. If you're a fan of potato chips, the next best thing might just be a crispy, lightweight sheet of preserved jellyfish.

Improving on a centuries-old technique, researchers in Denmark have come up with a new way to prepare these animals for consumption.

Scientists hope the dried-out final product might entice appetites way beyond Asia. And they say that eating these creatures would both help us battle jellyfish blooms in certain parts of the world, and diversify our food chain.

The scientists haven't elaborated on what the nutritional value would be of their crispy invention, but say "The mouth feel and the aesthetic appearance in particular have gastronomic potential." FULL STORY
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Skookum
Member Avatar
*sis~boom~bah*
Nutritional value must at least be equal to the average potato chip?

Can't be worse than chitlins & they're pretty good.

I'd try it. :th-up: :biggrin:

(Nice picture? btw)
Do One Thing Every Day That Scares Your Family 🐟

Whenever you lose, keep fighting. Chris Mazder - luge
👍
Posted Image

grumpychick
Member Avatar
Į\_(ツ)_/Į
I would try them too.
I know they're bad for me and have little to no nutritional value but I flipping love potato chips. I wonder if these could be a (nominally) healthier treat while still being satisfying. It doesn't sound like their deep fried so that's an improvement, right? :biggrin:
Edited by grumpychick, Oct 12 2017, 12:39 PM.
Posted Image"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." - Katharine Hepburn
"I carried a watermelon." - Frances Houseman
"Everyone deserves the chance to FLY!" - Elphaba Thropp

Skookum
Member Avatar
*sis~boom~bah*
Is Jellyfish The New Brain Food?
SEP 14, 2015
(bottom line:)

Human health isnít that simple. You donít acquire the properties of the food you eat. Eating chicken won't make you fly, and eating tuna won't make you a fast swimmer. Eating jellyfish proteins (Prevagen's main ingredient) won't improve your memory, nor will it allow you to emit green fluroescent light. There's no magic brain food, or supplement, that will make you smarter. But you can be a tiny bit richer by not spending your money on ineffective supplements.
LINK

Would sure be nice; emitting green fluorescent light might be fun :cheeky: , but even after reading this, I'd still give jellyfish chips a try. :biggrin:
Do One Thing Every Day That Scares Your Family 🐟

Whenever you lose, keep fighting. Chris Mazder - luge
👍
Posted Image

Shecoda
Member Avatar
Advanced

I'd try jellyfish. I would try escargot. I hear caviar is good although some people don't like it and I find roe in general not an appetizing proposition, but I would try it anyway. Not sure about crickets or bugs.

Didn't like foie gras at all. Not really fond of the idea of fattening an animal beyond all sensibilities just for a fatty liver. Just sounds mean to me to force feed an animal like that for a "delicacy"

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Cooking & Gardening · Next Topic »
Add Reply