|These are the forum rules for Pokémon Mansion. Failure to read and understand these rules could result in you being banned. If you have a question about one of these rules you can PM the Administrator/s. We are not evil people who will bite your head off for asking a question.
Announcement: Warnings! (Oh noes...)
- No bashing, swearing, cussing, or flaming.
Do not insult other members in any way. Do so will result in a three week ban and doing so twice will result in a permanent ban.
- No spamming.
Spamming is short, pointless messages. Spamming also includes spam topics. This is a spam topic: "What is your favorite Pokémon?", and this is a spam message: "Hi!". To make sure you did follow this rule, please post in a constructive manner with at least 5 or more words. A sentence is actually enough, as long as it's not pointless.
- Don't post in a thread that has gone more than two weeks without any posts.
We do lock the threads that has gone expired according to the Pokémon Mansion Rules. However, if you see an unlocked topic that has gone more than two weeks without posting, then please leave it and don't post on it. Doing so twice will result in a three day ban. If you really think your thread should be revived PM a Moderator and ask them if they will revive it for you. You may also reply to pinned/stickied threads, no matter how old they are.
- Post in the correct forum.
Every forum has its own purpose or role and we highly recommend you to post in the correct forum or thread. Don't devote an entire topic to Charizard in the Fan Fictions forum. Don't post a club in the Site Discussions Forum. The staff will move your thread to the appropriate forum if you post it in the wrong place.
- Please don't let anyone use your account. Doing so will result in an IP ban.
Logging out will help solve this problem. Don't share your passwords to anyone. If you violated the rule, we will ban you without second thoughts.
- Don't "mini-mod". If you see a post that breaks the rules push the report button. Don't try to take matters into your own hands.
That's why there are Moderators and Super Moderators in this forum. They are here to keep the place forum-abiding. If you flame while you mini-mod, then the consequences will be doubled.
- Don't advertise just for the sake of advertising. This will result in a permanent ban. If you want to advertise please do so only in your signature.
This is one of the reason why in Pokémon Mansion, the signatures here are 670x250 pixels big. You can advertise in your signature, but don't advertise in your posts or through Private Messages. If you don't want to be banned permanently, then please follow this rule. We are planning to have an advertising forum, but it's unavailable as of now. We recommend you to use your signature as an advertising tool.
- Each member can only have one login account. Having multiple accounts will result in an IP ban.
Do not create multiple accounts. If you want your username to be changed, don't create a new account. Ever. Just follow this link and do what the post is telling you to do in order for your username to be changed. Only the Administrator Rocket Member 777 can make multiple accounts for testing purposes (Luna Lovegood, crookshanks, Smeargle Master). Follow this rule, as this is very important.
- No posting of adult or inappropriate content anywhere on these forums. Doing so will result in a permanent IP ban.
Even links to inappropriate contents aren't tolerated. Pokémon Mansion is created to talk about Pokémon, so if you don't want to be banned permanently, then follow this rule or ELSE.
- If you see a member who you believe is a bot, or you see a thread that is spam, don't post in the thread. Simply PM a moderator about the thread, and they'll take care of it.
Posting in a bot thread has no purpose, so just report it instead. We are having problems with ad-bots recently. We are currently making actions to get rid of all these ad-bots once and for all.
- If a member clearly violated one of the rules of Pokémon Mansion, the violator will receive one official warning from a Staff Member. There are no such things as "warning you before giving a real warning". NO! Breaking the rules = warnings, period.
Three warnings from three different staff members in the same day can maximize your warn meter.
Of course, if someone did something small on accident and it's not a big deal, they may be excused as long as they're aware they broke the rules and will not do it again.
Only the staff members can decide whether it's time to lift members' warn points or not.
Rate My Team!
- Don't rate a team if you're not a Team Rater!
If you want to rate a team, then you have to become an Official PM Rater first. You have to inform me if you want to become one. Then I will test you through PM Messages. If you pass the test, then you are then allowed to rate other's teams. If you rated a team without my approval, then I will be forced to delete your post. If you insist, then we will be forced to ban you.
- Only art contests are allowed on this section.
It is supposed to be obvious. If you want to start non-art related contests, then go to the appropriate forum and post there (most of them will go in the Arcade/Game Section). However, if you are planning a Shoddy Battle Tournament, then post in the Cups and Tournaments Subforum of the Shoddy Battle Forum.
- Art contests must be Pokemon-related. If not, then PM a Moderator first.
Well, this is also supposed to be obvious. Pokémon Mansion Forums are created to talk about anything that is Pokémon. But this doesn't mean we totally don't accept non-Pokémon related art contests. Send a Private Message to a moderator if you want to start one.
- Before posting on the Hearthome Section, invite contestants and judges first (at least four participants and one judge) and make it sure that they will participate in the contest upon approval.
We don't want you to start a contest here that will die immediately because of the lack of interest among the members.
- If it is confirmed that the invited members and judge/s will participate in the contest with willingness, then you may now post in the Hearthome Section and start your art contest. But please post their usernames on the first post of your thread. Your contest will not be approved by a moderator if your post lacks this requirement.
- Stolen artworks are not allowed in the Hearthome Section. EVER.
- Popularity threads are not allowed in Pokémon Mansion, as it has a high chance of starting a flame war.
This is to prevent flame wars from damaging the forums in general. Violating this rule will result into a warning or a ban.
Signature/ Avatar Rules
- If the person who created a club hasn't posted in TWO MONTHS (PM the member URL for us to make sure), you may create a new thread BUT you must get a staff members' approval first!
Yes, you may. We will lock the dead club and then you may start your own.
- Clubs that are based on sensitive subjects such as sexual orientation, religion, and politics aren't allowed in here.
Why? To maintain the secularity of our forums and to keep this place family-friendly. And also to keep the forums as flame-free as possible. This forum is for Pokemon discussion, not for religious and political wars. We don't allow such clubs to exist here. This rule will only take effect in the Clubs Section.
- We will only allow TWO TCG-based teams.
Any other attempts will be locked and a warning maybe issued. This was a problem on Pokébeach, and we don't want the same problem here
- Avatars can be no bigger than 125x125 pixels.
Restrictions have been placed on this already. If you have questions about avatars or do not know how to upload them, please ask the staff or post your question here.
- Signatures can be no bigger than 520x250 pixels. You can only have 500 characters of text in your signature. Here is an example. Your signature can be no bigger than this box.
Spoiler: click to toggle
- You can't use the same avatar or signature as a staff member !
If you want to use an avatar choose your own unique one. Don't use someone else’s.
- Don't type in blue or yellow. Blue is hard to see and yellow hurts people's eyes.
However, you may type in other colors like orange, pink or green.
- Please use proper grammar and spelling.
Perfect your English! If you are poor at spelling, we recommend that you use a program that has a spell checker such as Microsoft Word to check your spelling and grammar.
- This is the most important rule of all! You must log in to use the chatbox!
- No swearing, bashing, flaming or cussing.
- No advertising.
- No sexual content.