Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Toot's INQ28 Convertorium; Mechanicus Explorator Vessel
Topic Started: 6 Aug 2018, 04:40 PM (420 Views)
Toots
Member Avatar

Hi there! First post so I hope you guys enjoy what I post :>

Welcome to the Harmonides! A vessel of knowledge and learning, as one can expect in the 41st Millennium gaining knowledge also requires packing some serious weaponry and so, as Magos Ramonita Knake left Metalica she aquired the Harmonides is a Dauntless Class Light Cruiser retrofit to serve Magos Knake's needs through expansion of the Medicae facilities and additional holding bays - Along with powerful Lance Batteries.
Around it travels a flotilla of smaller vessels which either left Metalica alongside the Harmonides or joined the swelling convoy during and after the 13th Black Crusade as refugees. However not even a ruinstorm and the advance of Chaos can stop the quest for knowledge!

First up, the Magos herself - Ramonita Knake - Who holds the title of 'Mistress of the Mikula Forges' despite her standing as a renown explorator. Ironically fascinated by Xenobiology despite originating from a lifeless world. Her study was hampered by Magos Ozmerhadus Phal during his extermination campaign, and so her and the other high-ranking priesthood of Metalica drove Phal towards his inconsequential crusade against the Orks of Charadon, shortly before leaving Metalica on her 'Long expedition'.
Part of the small secular conclave of Magi who disregard the dogmatic commandments of the Cult Mechanicus to pursue a course of science and reason (Yet still pertaining to believe faithfully in the 'Emperor as Machine God' openly). This Belief lead her to become an avid follower and acquaintance of Belusarius Cawl after the appearance of the Primaris Marines (One of which now resides within her retinue) she developed a keen interest in Astartes physiology, much to the annoyance of the Space Marines within her haphazard fleet as it zig-zags throughout the Galaxy.

Posted Image

~More to come!
Edited by Toots, 6 Aug 2018, 04:41 PM.

KrautScientist
Member Avatar
Lieutenant
Great to see you've made it over here ;) The Magos is looking excellent so far! :)

euansmith
Member Avatar
Major
Welcoe aboard! I really like the use of the Tzeentch Cultist mask as a plague doctor mask. The minis is nicely painted too, and the fluff sounds intriguing like the best fluff should.

Toots
Member Avatar

KrautScientist
6 Aug 2018, 05:20 PM
Great to see you've made it over here ;) The Magos is looking excellent so far! :)
Yeah buddy, been lurking these past couple of days, the work here is phenomenal. Thanks dude!
euansmith
6 Aug 2018, 06:25 PM
Welcoe aboard! I really like the use of the Tzeentch Cultist mask as a plague doctor mask. The minis is nicely painted too, and the fluff sounds intriguing like the best fluff should.
Thanks man! It's actually a Sisters of Silence head! Cheeeers! Gonna try do a bit of fluff for everyone as they get paint on them ;)
Some early WIPs one has no name, the other... Well he is one of a kind. Sorta.

Spoiler: click to toggle

(No story yet, will write when finished)

Edited by Toots, 7 Aug 2018, 01:50 PM.

Toots
Member Avatar

Said to be a descendant of Omnissiah's earliest allies during his rise to the forefront of humanity (Or so she claims) Anya Samusenko is a Terran-born warrior from the Urals.
Ferocious in combat and wholly devoted to the Machine God - yet far more reluctant than those of the Mechanicus to use extensive augmentation - Her engineering expertise is extremely useful on the quest for knowledge and Knake trusts her instincts when it comes to machinery, however this often displeases the other Priesthood members upon the Harmonides.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Ryltar Thamior
Member Avatar
Warrant Officer Second Class
I've been following this log over at B&C - some seriously excellent work! Well done!

Very cool effect with your Uralian, particularly as applies the red upper face. Reminds me of 'Blodreina' from recent seasons of The 100.

euansmith
Member Avatar
Major
Wow, you warrior from the Urals is cool. I really like the way you've painted her checkers.

BeardGoblin
Member Avatar
Colour Sergeant
These mini's are both great, I especially really like Ramonita Knake, but then I'm known to be partial to all things ad-mech!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · INQ28 Painting & Modelling · Next Topic »