Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
10mm "MiniHammer" Empire Army Project; Warhammer in 10mm
Topic Started: 11 Jul 2018, 09:06 PM (26 Views)
Bad Moon
Member Avatar
Colour Sergeant
Hi folks,

So I've caught the "Minihammer" bug started over on The 9th Age forums. It's basically old-school rank-and-file Warhammer using 10mm models for cheaper, more portable, mass-troop battles. A lot of people seem to use 9th Age rules or Kings of War and use either measurements in cm (instead of inches) or just half all measurements.

However, I've got my old 4th ed Warhammer books and I'm going to stick with that! Reason being that's what my brother and I used to play back when we were teenagers. He lives in Australia now, so as well as being a fun little project, I figured this might be something that can make the trip when we visit each other.

Starting with my own Empire army, I also hope to make a Dark Elf and/or Chaos army for him, and possibly a Dwarf force for myself later on down the line.

For now, I've picked up 250 halberdiers for around 60! A mixture of Pendraken and Magister Militum historicals. I'm hoping to put a bit of a grimdark/baroque Blanchitsu spin on things, which I'm not sure has been done in 10mm before. Of course it will rely on the paintjob and model choice rather than converting, which is rather fiddly at this scale.

Anyway, enough rambling. Here is my first test paint of a couple of halberdiers. I've prepared 200 of them for painting, complete with magnetised movement trays, and have fully based around 50 of them. Although none have command models sorted yet.

Posted Image

Of course this is an extremely zoomed in view, remember those guys are only 10mm to the eyes!

I'm not sure about the painting just yet, it doesn't quite scream Blanche at me. Was hoping people might have some suggestions and feedback regarding colour schemes and the like for that Blanchean look. I'm fine with it at 28mm, but at this scale doing my usual trick of desaturating and subduing the colours, and leaning towards monochrome, ends up with quite a blobby look.

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Fantasy Project Logs · Next Topic »