Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Uploading Inq28 Self-Made Rulebook
Topic Started: 9 Apr 2018, 10:43 AM (186 Views)
his_dudeship
Member Avatar
Corporal
Hey guys,

it has been a while since I have posted anything in this forum, but very keen to soon start uploading my newest modells.

In the meantime I got a very important question though.

I have been working on an expansion for Inquisitor28. The idea was to create a frame for the games, allowing for a narrative continuation while still offering some gaming depth.
What came out of it was a board-game style game, that would end each turn with a game of Inq28 using the standard rulebook.

Me and my gaming group have started a "campaign" using my framework. We have updated it and ironed out the biggest issues.
But I would like to upload the self-developed rulebook for the boardgame here on Ammobunker, hoping for some feedback and maybe another gaming group using the game and giving some gaming feedback.

Before I do that, I have a few important questions that I need to ask before I proceed to upload the book.

1.)Is it allowed to upload a file, such as my book?
2.)Is it allowed to upload a file, such as my book, if it is using artwork that has been copyrighted by GW and other sources?
3.)Where would I upload it i.e. which section would be good for it?

Needless to say that I am very proud of the developed game and would be really really happy to share it with you guys, but the biggest issue is that I used artwork that has been copyrighted in order to give it a "Warhammer" feel.

Thanks,

The_Dude

MarcoSkoll
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
1) I'd probably suggest an external hosting site like Mediafire or Google Docs rather than trying to use Ammobunker's own attachment system, but you can certainly upload and link to rules/background/etc projects you've worked on.

2) Technically, no, because you shouldn't be using copyrighted pictures at all, and distributing them is a further breach of that copyright.

My own Inquisitor Revised Edition project is short on art right now because I've only used pictures that I have at least some degree of copyright over (things I have personally drawn or rendered).
And I've actually tried to avoid outright copying text from the original, even when I haven't really needed to change it. (although there are many places I have to admit the phrasing is suspiciously similar).

I'm assuming the staff will probably allow it, but it's not unknown for GW's own legal team to get shirty about such things.

3) It should really go in the rules discussion section, although bear in mind that section is very quiet and tends not to get much attention.

his_dudeship
Member Avatar
Corporal
@MarcoSkoll
Thanks for the reply, I will look to upload a more barebone version with no artwork at all.
I guess that is unfortunate but hopefully will provide a ground for others to disect and improve on the system I am currently working on.
I am mostly looking for feedback to improve on, so the inclusion of artwork is really just an asthetic aspect that can be added on at a later stage.

Thanks for the reply =)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · INQ28 · Next Topic »