Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Realm of Chaos: Resurrection; Letting the dice decide... mostly
Topic Started: 3 Feb 2018, 06:25 AM (504 Views)
JDM
Member Avatar
Sergeant
I INTRODUCTION

Hey folks,

Its been a while since I've posted anything on this site.
I moved away from the hobby for a bit, but I'm back!

I've recently been reading the 1980's Realm of Chaos books and I love the idea.
I know that there have been individuals that have used the rule set in more modern times, and the results they've produced were phenomenal.
This is my exploration of the rules. I have been, and will, more or less be letting the dice decide what the outcomes are.

II THE CHAOS POWER

Not wanting to pick one of the four major chaos powers, I decided to make a pantheon of my own, dedicated to a Daemon Prince rather than one of the chaos gods. The theme: Terror.
The pantheon is more of less the fantasy equivalent blend of the Night Lords and Alpha Legion... or something like that.

The incredibly messy and nearly incomprehensible development notes can be found here:
Spoiler: click to toggle

III THE WARBAND

I've rolled up the entire warband. Its hefty.
I've also bought all of the models I'm going to use.
Today I am only going to show off the Champion of Chaos.

Champion of Chaos - Taem, The Meek
Posted Image
Posted Image
A pathetic individual.
Hardly worthy of being a Champion of Chaos but nonetheless is the leader of this warband.
'Puny' is such a debilitating mutation. It divides Strength and Toughness by 4! You can see how unwilling I was to accept that fate at first. After some time I decided to take it on the chin and allow this to be Taem's fate. His starting equipment will be distributed to the rest of warband, except for the long bow.His reward on the other hand is really good, and makes up for his lack of physical ability. The 4 chaos spawn have all been rolled up, but I'll reveal them when I have the miniatures closer to completion.
Taem himself is a very very simple conversion. A chaos cultist head has been transplanted on to an Elven archer's body.

I look forward to determining Taem's fate!
Edited by JDM, 3 Feb 2018, 06:27 AM.

nerodine
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
This looks like it'll be fun! Also, I'd *love* a goblinshark. How would that even work?

RADU LYKAN
Second Lieutenant
Am looking forward to more of your war band, it takes balls to keep the weaker rolls especially on the leader.
I rolled a bit better than you on my own leaders, I rolled a war band for each of the four gods with the slaanesh one ending up as a chaos lord with daemon weapon etc while in comparison the other 3 champions were a bit less fortunate with their rolls but nobody ended up with puny lol, possibly the worst roll for a leader
Hereís a plog with pics in it (still not sorted my plots on here since the photobucket thing ) for as far as I got https://yaktribe.games/community/threads/radu-plays-with-swords-and-sorcery.4349/
I see one of your sketches of the three heads mutation is heads within heads, thatís what I went with for my two headed tzeentch bloke

euansmith
Member Avatar
Major
Hey, Radu, can you please change your photo to something else, as the photobucket image makes it difficult to read your comments? Thank you.

RADU LYKAN
Second Lieutenant
Only just saw this, my avatar was always blank, it was just the standard ammobunker pic but that must have been hosted on photobucket, looks like one of our lovely mods has sorted it out for everybody affected now.
Anyway, @JDM any progress mate?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Fantasy Project Logs · Next Topic »