Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Those Whom the Gods Would Destroy; The New Class
Topic Started: 11 Jan 2018, 09:34 PM (1,258 Views)
MonkeyBallistic
Member Avatar
Warrant Officer Second Class
It's been a while. It's time I came back to the place where I first began to explore and really learn about this magnificent hobby. So, new year and new thread and all that.

I'm working on new ideas, which I'll share as they ripen. In the meantime, here's a couple of recent work in progress shots while I rediscover my AmmoBunker legs.

Posted Image

Posted Image

AceOfBlades
Member Avatar
Warrant Officer First Class
Been following your work on Instagram and it's nice to hear that you'll be posting back on here again so welcome back!

Excellent models by the way. Easily my favourite baby-headed chimera yet.

Khordal
Member Avatar
Colour Sergeant
Loving the Inquisitor, and her two henchman look ace!

plessiez
Member Avatar
They're looking great! Your stuff is always amazing but maybe this year you should set yourself some challenges and try and get out of your comfort zone a bit? In other words, do something that isn't predominantly black :)

MonkeyBallistic
Member Avatar
@AceOfBlades Thanks. It feels good to be back here. This is the first place I ever shared any of my minis and I want to support this forum again.

@Khordal Cheers. I havenít fully decided on her background yet. Sheís not an inquisitor, but Iím not yet sure what she is. I often seem to make minis that I think will look good, but then struggle to decide what it is that Iíve made.

@plessiez Haha, fair point. I canít see it happening soon though. Iím not a fan of brightly coloured minis. Maybe something in white one day? :)

Lysimachus
Member Avatar
Excellent start to the year! I like how the henchmen are quite monochromatic, makes the Inquisitor stand out more? She's great too, it's a bit of a balancing act making the base mini not look like Greyfax but still keeping all the cool stuff that makes it such a nice model (something I'm struggling with atm for my next mini for my Imperium Below project!), I think you've done a good job of it!
Edited by Lysimachus, 12 Jan 2018, 09:00 AM.

☺PDH
Member Avatar
Lieutenant
I can't wait to see the henchman brought to life and finished. The Inquisitor is a good un, have you changed the gs on her hair between shots? The style looks so different. Your GS work is so good.

This year we'll have to meet up and finally have a game!

euansmith
Member Avatar
Major
That Gryffhound (maybe a Good Gryffhound!) is such a lovely bit of atmospheric work .

MonkeyBallistic
Member Avatar
@Lysimachus Iím still not certain how much colour to add to the henchmen. Iíll keep them quite monochrome, but maybe a touch of orange to tie the group together.

@PDH I didnít change hair. Maybe itís just the lighting? And yes, definitely this is the year to arrange something :)

@euan cheers buddy.

Ynneadwraith
Member Avatar
Hell yeah! Can only echo the praises already said :)

Leadbelly
Member Avatar
Colour Sergeant
From build to paint this is a really successful project. Unique and characterful, well done.

I particularly like the cherub hound, balances her really well.

The changes are very simple but they affect the entire model's character. Also as someone who also recently GS'd a 'fro I can say that it is no easy task!

MonkeyBallistic
Member Avatar
I never posted the finished group. Here they were, ready for a game at Warhammer World in May.

Posted Image

Iíll get back into posting on here soon, with an update of what Iím working on now.

Ryltar Thamior
Member Avatar
Colour Sergeant
Oooh, those're nice! Very good use of the checks as well on the heraldry as a unifying theme

Ynneadwraith
Member Avatar
Agreed :) there's something about checkers and heraldry that feels quintessentially classic 40k :)

Johannus
Member Avatar
Perfect warband with the perfect blend of 40k influences; sci-fi, medieval and punk. Beautiful paintjob, hope to see pics of the game.

KrautScientist
Member Avatar
Lieutenant
As I've said elsewhere, the warband is looking fabulous! Afro-Inquisitrix FTW! :)

euansmith
Member Avatar
Major
Fantabulotasic!

3 users reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · INQ28 Painting & Modelling · Next Topic »