Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Ordo Obfuscatus; New Ordo
Topic Started: 9 Nov 2017, 02:25 AM (127 Views)

Hello all, I'm jumping back into the community after a long hiatus and am working on the foundations of a new Ordo for the Inquisition. I hope to use this new Ordo as a jumping off point for my reintroduction into the game and as an impetus for creativity.

Currently in rough draft form, I bring to you: The Ordo Obfuscatus

+ + + + + + + + + + Begin Transmission:
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + +TRANSMITTED: {Redacted}
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +RECEIVED: {Inquisitor Lord Regudus, Ordo Originatus}
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + +DESTINATION: Terra
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + DATE: 6.153.999.M41
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + TELEPATHIC DUCT: Uxian III
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + ++ + + + REF: Inq/908409576.342.00/LA
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +AUTHOR: {Redacted}
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +SUBJECT: Dust under the rug
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + NOTE: "A thought is an exploration of perception."

To my Lord Regudus, concerning the history of the Ordo Obfuscatus; whose agents we encountered while on a joint mission with the Adepta Mechanicum Explorator team to the Eastern fringe.

As I'm sure you recall, I have been tasked with discovering the nature and origins of the unknown agents who so discreetly and succinctly interrupted our mission on the Eastern Fringe. I have attempted to do so with the utmost diligence and tenacity, plying every skill and trick at my disposal. Though the Ordo Obfuscatus is largely concerned with correcting and hiding the mistakes of their fellow Ordos, over the course of millennia much of their own history has fallen prey to their attentions, as well as to that of their parent Ordo, the Redactus.

The following synopsis was cobbled together from trace evidence and research, with a substantial trove of information gleaned from the skull of a very particular scribe. I was finally able to recover the scribe's remains from the catacombs on the Cemetery World, Pilgrim's Respite; the report on that specific endeavor should have already reached our administratum offices.

In order to discover some very critical components of this history I was forced to commit three Eta level psykers to being entombed in the Ternion Throne, a unique psi-boosting device on charter from our Explorator compatriots. I had kept these psykers secreted away in stasis on board a satellite-cache for decades, for just such an emergency or one just like. Enthroned, the Three-as-One began a complex auto-seance ritual that, coupled with the arcane machinery, allowed them to delve into the skeins of time and blast past the limits of regular auto-seances. I needed the Three-as-One to go back as far as possible, past the recent years of inhabiting catacombs and feeling the touch of countless pilgrims, back to when the scribe had life and limb, and kept record for a young Interrogator on the cusp of inclusion into the ranks of Inquisitor under the auspices of the Ordo Obfuscatus.

Part of the bulk of the Ternion Throne came from an incredible mnemo-hololith, the operation of which rendered what the Three-as-One saw during the auto-seance into something observable. With what we discovered in the scribe's memories, the information I had been able to dredge up to that point came into slightly clearer focus. Thusly, the review:

The founding of the Ordo Obfuscatus followed shortly after that of the Ordo Redactus. The idea for a new Ordo began with a Redactus Inquisitor, on mission to eradicate some historical documentation of efforts Inquisitorial. Circumstances caused the Inquisitor in question to expand their remit; what began as a mission to track down and incinerate choice evidence, ended with the burning of entire bibliospire on the Library world of Camdon Majoris.

What the Redactus agent had inadvertently discovered in executing their original mission was a hidden cell, cluttered with ledgers and scraps of parchment, reams of datacards, and encrypted archeotech data obelisks; each one contained some record or snippet of information pertaining to Inquisitorial mishaps and blunders. Why was all of this information gathered in one place? Was this some hidden repository of the Ordo Originatus that our Ordo has no current record of? Or some radical, or even heretical, Inquisitor's cache of powers capable of withstanding the Imperium, and the failures of it's agents?

Whatever the agenda behind keeping this very specific trove of knowledge, the information contained therein was damning, and convinced the Inquisitor that some mistakes are best learned from by letting go, relinquished to the sands of time. And so was born the Ordo Obfuscatus, concerned with erasing our mistakes, as well as working to keeping the Inquisition's dealings as a whole, secret.

Not only are individual Inquisitors outside of the Obfuscatus already masters of secrecy, but those who make mistakes are often quick to correct and hide things themselves (if they happen to survive whatever mishap befell them), and when coupled with the efforts of those within the Ordo, discovering much of anything beyond this meager vignette of history is nigh-impossible.

I hope this information proves useful in discovering what those other agents were pursuing, so far outside the regular attentions of the Imperium, when they interrupted our mission to the Fringe.

Your servant as always,

Inquisitor, Ordo Originatus

+ + + + + + + + + + +End Transmission

Ok rough idea, but basically I want to make the cleaning crew of the inquisition. These guys go above and beyond what the redactus agents do, and aren't just concerned with hiding the origins of the Inquisition, but also anything the Ordo's Inquisitors deem a mistake or failure by their fellow Inquisitors (or even the successes at times, if a technique or strategy is deemed too radical or controversial). I imagine these guys as a mix between the Men In Black, and the Hands of Blue guys from Firefly who chase River all over the galaxy and use crazy tech weapons to remove witnesses or deal with threats. They come in, wipe the slate clean, and disappear.

I'll be following up with my Inhibitas Veritor: the apex Inquisitorial Retinue/clean-teams of the Ordo Obfuscatus, as well as possibly trying to make the Ternion Throne and some Ordo Originatus Inquisitors and agents.

Here are some of my first dives back into this corner of hobbydom. WIP picures. Will follow with more updates. These are my first attempts at sculpting so any suggestions or critiques are appreciated!
Attached to this post:
Attachments: my_sculpt.jpg (65.26 KB)
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · INQ28 · Next Topic »