Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
The Squats of Inso's Reach
Topic Started: 4 Jul 2017, 01:31 PM (4,609 Views)
Inso
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
:D

I needed a break from painting tanks... and to be honest, it's a bit humid for painting so I decided to build a few Halfling Snipers:

Posted Image

This is three squads of ten, all washed, cleaned up, filled and based, ready for priming :) .

The good thing is that this means I have ticked off three boxes on my organisation chart... and three platoons now have their ten-strong sniper units :) .

euansmith
Member Avatar
Major
Pew pew

Inso
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
... and then there were six :) :

Posted Image

With the completion of this little platoon, I now have six Leman-Russ proxy tanks finished (apart from decals). Now I have to start all over again with the next three and they will be getting Battle-Cannons :) .

Inso
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
The remaining four tanks for the tank company :) :

Posted Image

The one of the left is waiting for an Agrax wash, the one next to it is waiting for priming/base-coating, the one next to that is waiting for a commander to be sculpted before Priming/base-coating and the opne on the right is the overall company command tank and is waiting for a commander and hull weapon to be sorted out before priming/base-coating.

The weather has been humid so I have avoided most of the painting/sculpting and have just been assembling and gap-filling. I think that I will need to replenish a few paints (namely the green spray) to finish them all... but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

# Digits
Member Avatar
Shadowkin
I love the tank commander!

euansmith
Member Avatar
Major
He he! That's a great [tinkle]ed-off tank commander. It looks like they are not having a good day.

Inso
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
Cheers :) .

The next tank commander is male. He will have a short mohawk, average beard and will be a bit more Catachan than the last two (completely bare arms). He will also be looking down at a map/data-slate and scratching his head as if he is lost or not understanding the information. His torso is more or less finished (apart from his collar) and it's just a case of sculpting the interesting bits now :) . I have drilled the torso and some arm wire is in place... padding out tomorrow (assuming the weather isn't too humid).

CXLVII
Member Avatar
Warrant Officer Second Class
I can't help thinking how good all of these tanks look. The idea of using the shortened king tigers is excellent and must suit your squats perfectly. The re-armament of turrets and hulls is also very well done and doesn't look out of place. I would love to see a pic of the entire company when they are complete.

Inso
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
CXLVII
7 Jul 2018, 07:06 AM
I can't help thinking how good all of these tanks look. The idea of using the shortened king tigers is excellent and must suit your squats perfectly. The re-armament of turrets and hulls is also very well done and doesn't look out of place. I would love to see a pic of the entire company when they are complete.
Thanks :) ... I have been searching for a long time to find the right tanks for my army and the fact that I am already in the process of painting tanks 7 and 8, with tank 9 getting a commander sculpted means that I am very happy with these ones :) .

As soon as they are all done, they will definitely get a photo-call :)

I expect that they will all be shown in their little groups but won't get a full company pic until all the decals are on (I have the decals already, I just want to apply them all together so that I can add unity to them :) ).

Inso
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
Everything has slowed down a bit... mostly due to the lovely sunny weather. That said, I am still doing bits and bobs. Currently, I have two tanks all dirtied up, ready for stippling:

Posted Image

With the tank commander for the third tank finished:

Posted Image

His tank is mostly sprayed green, apart from the turret and a few bits of equipment (that will get sorted today :) ).

This particular tank commander is looking at his digital map while wondering how the hell he ended up so far from where he should be :) .

SDKFZ
Member Avatar
Warrant Officer First Class
Those two last tanks, do you play them as vanquishers ? They do have some big guns :)

Love that last commander, Inso.

Inso
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
They are the standard battle cannons. The Vanquisher is a little bit longer (about 2 CM longer).

Neth_Oni
Member Avatar
Warrant Officer Second Class
wow! This seems to be a lot of work. Well done!

Inso
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
Neth_Oni
12 Jul 2018, 03:10 PM
wow! This seems to be a lot of work. Well done!
If it's worth having, it's worth working for ;) . Cheers :) .

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Science Fiction Project Logs · Next Topic »