Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
The Squats of Inso's Reach
Topic Started: 4 Jul 2017, 01:31 PM (4,629 Views)
euansmith
Member Avatar
Major
This is one of my favourite projects on this site; which is saying something given how excellent the standard of work is around here. The Sentinels are my favourite unit.

SDKFZ
Member Avatar
Warrant Officer First Class
Good to see you finally having some time to paint your minis, Inso :)

Inso
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
Sadly, I don't think it will last. My Dad died on Sunday and I am going through the process of sending him on his way and dealing with his estate... I don't think I will have much time for very much at all soon :(

SDKFZ
Member Avatar
Oh, thats a bad stroke of fortune right there :(

My deepest condolences. Hope everything works out as smoothly as possible.

Will be waiting right here til you return, Mate :)

Inso
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
Cheers :)

The first Squat for the army is now painted. This is a Berserker (counts as ministorum priest):

Posted Image

nerodine
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
So sorry to hear your news - all the best to you and yours working through your loss.

On miniature-related matters I feel strange seeing fully painted figures on here!

Inso
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant

... and painted miniatures HAD to happen eventually :D

Inso
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
The next one:

Posted Image

Demorte
Member Avatar
Amazing work inso! just down right beautiful.

SirTainly
Member Avatar
Warrant Officer Second Class
More brilliant Squats! keep up the good work and keep the little guys alive and kicking!

Inso
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
Cheers and I am planning to keep painting (when I have the opportunity) :) .

The next one will be the dog handler... then... Possibly beastmen psykers or a platoon of Squats... I'm not sure yet (probably the Squats - I'll use the special units as presents in between Squat units, to keep me painting :) ).

euansmith
Member Avatar
Major
Sorry to hear about your loss. All the best.

SDKFZ
Member Avatar
Ill be looking forward to seeing how youre going to paint up your beastman :)

Inso
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
I haven't really thought about it too much... but I reckon they may get some form of tattoos or warpaint.

SDKFZ
Member Avatar
Ah, some type of ace free hand then :D

Inso
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
Ace?... Maybe not... but freehand? Possibly :) .

Here's the last Berserker and this one just hits you with his close-combat-dog :) :

Posted Image

SDKFZ
Member Avatar
Well its got a handle to swing it by :D Looking very good, Inso.

Inso
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant

Now that I have some snipers, a Jokaero and some priests, it's high time I got my arse in gear and started painting some of the basic troops... so that is what I have done :) . Here is the first (rough) base-coat on the first squad of No.2 platoon:

Posted Image

SDKFZ
Member Avatar
Ahhh, squat troopers :D So good to see you finally got the time to put some paint on them, inso :)

Inso
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
Sadly, it's few and far between. That said, my weekly travels have come to an end now so I am going to be at home more often and that means I should be able to get some painting time in again :) .

In the meantime, I have been looking at the new 40K detachment lists, the codex Astra Militarum and Codex Space Marines and have busily filled up a few detachments with what I can see as a complete army (apart from vehicles). The list should be self explanatory and isn't a gaming list... more a way of organising my existing army and gathering what additional units I need to fill the various mandatory choices.

Here it is:

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Science Fiction Project Logs · Next Topic »