Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Photobucket; Boo Hiss
Topic Started: 1 Jul 2017, 10:23 PM (934 Views)
Matyilinko
Member Avatar
Captain
Sooo what's the best? Tinypics? Imigur? or what? I'm totally disappointed at the moment.. :(

And by the way is there a trick how i can move my pictures from photo bucket to imigur ? Don't tell me that i have to manually save all the pictures...

Edit:
Meanwhile solved: http://support.photobucket.com/hc/en-us/articles/201892970-Downloading-Albums

Still shocked..
Edited by Matyilinko, 11 Jul 2017, 08:27 PM.

# dean
Member Avatar
Grandmaster of Librarians
Posted Image

Well Flickr still has a setting...
Edited by dean, 12 Jul 2017, 05:03 PM.

☺Ash
Member Avatar
Lieutenant
Not heard anything back from Imgur...
@ Nin: for share/link info @ ImgBB; once you have chosen your image to share, click on 'embed codes', then under 'Full image' click the far right of the BBCode box and it will auto copy, then just paste the code into your forum reply box.

Chartist Captain
Member Avatar
Sergeant
What settings do you use for IMGUR? Once you've published a gallery you can't add pics to it so you have to make another one. I guess in order to link back here your have to set it to public and when you publish it, it goes onto a general display and a bunch of people that have no idea what Warhammer40k see it and down vote it?
Edited by Chartist Captain, 14 Jul 2017, 08:31 PM.

# El Diablo
Member Avatar
Warmaster Of Chaos
Can you see this? It's from Imgur, not in a gallery and set to private. I think it should work.

Posted Image

Chartist Captain
Member Avatar
Sergeant
cool! Thanks Diablo!

scrubber
Member Avatar
Warrant Officer Second Class
Looks like the forum has now fallen to the Photo*ucket ransom.

☺lavadude360
Member Avatar
Lieutenant
Yeah my header is now a square! :( Not sure if the one I designed is linked from my photobucket or someone else's though

Dave

# El Diablo
Member Avatar
Warmaster Of Chaos
Arse. I'll have a look at shifting it for now.

SlightlyHeretic
Corporal
So, did someone find the "miraculous, perfect site" to host images on? Or we still have to resort to various places? I think I'm ready to post some things here, but I can't decide which is the right place to dump the pics into in the first place.

Is it possible from Instagram, maybe?

# El Diablo
Member Avatar
Warmaster Of Chaos
You cant link from Instagram sadly. A couple of us are looking at Flickr at the moment.

SlightlyHeretic
Corporal
Ah, that's sad. How's Flickr then? Is it satisfying?

☺lavadude360
Member Avatar
Lieutenant
Imgur has been hassle free for me, and has a mobile client for easy uploading

Dave

SlightlyHeretic
Corporal
Good to know!
I also recall many people using flickr too as a blog for actually posting warhammer. Is it still a thing? Because I remember one couldn't save pics from that site, so I was wondering if it had the same problem as instagram.

☺Easy E
Member Avatar
Captain
If my blog is anything to go by, the new owners of Photobucket have restored the old methods of the site and all pictures are operational again.

Wierd.

☺lavadude360
Member Avatar
Lieutenant
Huh, the pictures in everyone's project logs seems to be back up too...

Well I'll stick with imgur I think, it's just as easy and I've made the switch now!

Dave

SlightlyHeretic
Corporal
You mean photobucket realized that making people pay was bad and now you can use it for free again to dump images?

# El Diablo
Member Avatar
Warmaster Of Chaos
I had a dig into the T+C's on the new Photobucket, they still want money for hosting to third party sites like ours, though any images already there are being freed up.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Banter · Next Topic »