Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Photobucket; Boo Hiss
Topic Started: 1 Jul 2017, 10:23 PM (864 Views)
scrubber
Member Avatar
Warrant Officer Second Class
First of I need to say this. Photobucket may a 1001 computer gremlins take up residence in you domain.
Dick Turpin is now working for them, $399.99 PER YEAR, so that I can post my pictures to a 3rd person site. No thank-you Sir.

What other sites are people using to post their picture's on Ammo-bunker. :pished(

# Digits
Member Avatar
Shadowkin
Try http://imgur.com/ It's the one most here are moving to mate.

☺Doghouse
Member Avatar
Captain
I use Tinypic.com

It's basically Photobucket before all the hosting nonsense.

# El Diablo
Member Avatar
Warmaster Of Chaos
Im going to give Imgur a go myself, the mobile app looks like it'd work well enough for quick WIP shots and the like while I can always use the site uploader if im transferring stuff off a proper camera.

CXLVII
Member Avatar
Tinypic for me, it's as easy to navigate as photobucket, (owned by photobucket when you read the terms and conditions), especially as thats what i'm used to, I got it to work and first pic has gone up in an edited post.

scrubber
Member Avatar
Will not be using Tinypic then if it's owned by Photo-bucket. How long before they start charging for sharing as well.

☺Ash
Member Avatar
Lieutenant
I was switching to Imgur until someone pointed out this little bit in their T&C's:

"Also, don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network. If you do and we will be the judge or if you do anything illegal, in addition to any other legal rights we may have, we will ban you along with the site you're hotlinking from, delete all your images, report you to the authorities if necessary, and prevent you from viewing any images hosted on Imgur.com. We mean it."

I emailed them for clarity re Forum posting, not heard back. I'm currently using imgbb.com seems to work fairly similarly to PB...

☺lavadude360
Member Avatar
Lieutenant
I don't understand this move from Photobucket. At that price nobody is going to bow to their demand, now if they started charging X per month or something I bet they'd rake in cash from people who can't be bothered with the hassle.

Dave

# El Diablo
Member Avatar
Warmaster Of Chaos
Ash
4 Jul 2017, 02:01 PM
I was switching to Imgur until someone pointed out this little bit in their T&C's:

"Also, don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network. If you do and we will be the judge or if you do anything illegal, in addition to any other legal rights we may have, we will ban you along with the site you're hotlinking from, delete all your images, report you to the authorities if necessary, and prevent you from viewing any images hosted on Imgur.com. We mean it."

I emailed them for clarity re Forum posting, not heard back. I'm currently using imgbb.com seems to work fairly similarly to PB...
Wow, thats a bit [Not on the floor please]. Let us know if you hear anything back Ash, that may well be the kicker for me carrying on with it.

☺Easy E
Member Avatar
Captain
I think I am going to try to use Google Photos, but we will see what happens.

Interestingly, content from an older Album that I migrated from still works, but not from my new album. I am sure it is just a fluke, but it makes trying to restore stuff easier. Now I only have 295+ images to try and go back and fix instead of 10 or so years worth.

I have been using PB since I started on the AB, and as you can see that was a long time ago.
Edited by Easy E, 4 Jul 2017, 07:45 PM.

Nin
Member Avatar

Imgur gives you share links in BBCode to post on forum. They obviously are okay with it. I think they just put that in their documentation so if somone is using a lot of bandwidth they can say "see, Imgur is not for that." But when you click "get share link" and it comes up with BBCode and automatically copies the BBCode to your clip board? They're not going to delete your photos unless you are sharing thousands.

I'm also trying imgbb.com . It's not as handy when it comes to getting the share link. I had to do the whole right click and get the image address thing and then manually put tags around the URL:

Code:

[img]https://image.ibb.co/ncy3fF/Image_bace8b4.jpg[/img]

Posted Image
Edited by Nin, 5 Jul 2017, 04:49 AM.

scrubber
Member Avatar
Nice painting Nin, but probably not the best place to post it so that it gets seen allot.

Looked at Tiny-pic last night, they also have allot of adverts popping up in annoying places like their parent company. Likewise you can always pay more to stop the adverts.

Any reply yet Ash ?

Nin
Member Avatar

I haven't cropped my photos from my last skirmish game yet, so I'll post more in the proper place when the time comes. That was just me figuring out if I edited the BBCode properly for removing the clickable link part of imgbb.com does their share links.

# dean
Member Avatar
Grandmaster of Librarians
Since mine died this morining, I am going to investigate Flikr but Yahoo just got bought so who knows if that will be staying around long either.

I also find it interesting that the AB buttons havent gone as well...
Edited by dean, 7 Jul 2017, 01:45 PM.

☺Ash
Member Avatar
Lieutenant
With the Photobucket pictures not showing; if you go into edit post and insert ~original between .jpg and [/img] as in .jpg~original[/img] then the original picture will show again...

exanimus
Member Avatar
Sergeant
Ash
7 Jul 2017, 02:03 PM
With the Photobucket pictures not showing; if you go into edit post and insert ~original between .jpg and [/img] as in .jpg~original[/img] then the original picture will show again...
I can't believe that works - I just got all of my photos back! Thanks!

☺Ash
Member Avatar
Lieutenant
It works for now anyway. Might make it visually easier to match images for posting from another host site.

CXLVII
Member Avatar
I'm still on TinyPic, I'm not getting any annoying ads as I get my internet through google chrome and I have downloaded a free ad-blocker, which I couldn't do on microsoft internet explorer.

Funny thing is that as I was wading through editing / swapping images this evening I found three photobucket images that weren't blocked, wierd! I edited them anyway as I reasoned it wouldn't last.
Edited by CXLVII, 7 Jul 2017, 08:12 PM.

☺Ash
Member Avatar
Lieutenant
I had two Photobuckets and unfortunately rage binned one account prior to learning about the added code to original image, so fat chance of getting most of my old 40k stuff back up...
Edited by Ash, 11 Jul 2017, 08:50 AM.

☺Easy E
Member Avatar
Captain
Does anyone know how to get Google Photos to provide an IMG code for forums?

I can get them to work ont ehblog easily enough, but not messageboards yet. I have had about 5 seconds to look into it so far.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Banter · Next Topic »