Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
How the West wasn't won; 28mm Cowboy game
Topic Started: 15 May 2017, 10:42 PM (567 Views)
scrubber
Member Avatar
Warrant Officer Second Class
Time to start my own Western thread instead of using Digits.

To start this was my first Cow-person gang, with Perry barn in the back ground.
Posted Image[/URL]

Figures are from Shadow-forge, from left to right Winifred Earp, Virginia Earp, Doctor Holly Daye and Bettie Masterson.
Gang has since settled down and gone into retirement.
Edited by scrubber, 31 Jan 2018, 01:32 AM.

# Digits
Member Avatar
Shadowkin
Or found alternate work at Dolly's....

scrubber
Member Avatar
Page saved to show scale of manufacture's models.
Edited by scrubber, 22 May 2017, 10:05 PM.

☺Easy E
Member Avatar
Captain
Did you use Legends of the Old West or some other game system?

scrubber
Member Avatar
This was my second gang.
Posted Image
From left to right. Stumpy, Wild Bill hiccup, Tiny, The Pastor and O'Rouke.
Stumpy is old citadel model, Dwarf with no name. Wild Bill and Tiny are from Black Scorpion Tombstone 7 set, whilst Pastor and O'Rouke are Artizan frontier men AWW004.

Posted Image
The kid and dog along with the Banjo player make up the other models from the Tombstone set. Ben Rumson is the other figure from Frontier men.

Easy E. The original rules came free over 10 years ago called "Rules with no name" You could down load them for free. Over the years Digits has made many alterations to them, so all that could be recognised are the very basic core rules. This is also not what you would call a serious game. Where else can you be thrown out of a building no matter the height by town folk or dragged into a building by a "Fallen Dove".
Miss one or two turns for call of nature, number one's or two's. Run to listen to Calamity Doris singing the "Deadwood Stage", or flee from the sounds of Los Nachos. Caught by stampede of cattle, molested by angry sheep, shot at by undertaker and so much more.
Edited by scrubber, 19 Dec 2017, 12:01 AM.

scrubber
Member Avatar
This is the latest that needs attention. First chicken shed to large, so will be converted to shack. New smaller coop to be made.
And duck lady will become chicken lady, now that my chickens have arrived.

Posted Image
Yes, yes September and still no progress.
Edited by scrubber, 26 Sep 2017, 10:11 PM.

☺Easy E
Member Avatar
Captain
Geese more terrifying than chickens!

euansmith
Member Avatar
Major
The game sounds a hoot.

scrubber
Member Avatar
Should be gaming tonight, so since Stumpy was gunned down in our last game. Time for new figure.

This is a Eureka figure "Billy Bagshot". I guess based on Mordecai from Clint Eastwood film.
Posted Image

As yet in-named. Idea's ?
David named him. Bunty. All to do with rhyming. Runty, Stunty, munty. And we've already had the argument about the last word. I say it's not real as not the Oxford English Dictionary.
Edited by scrubber, 1 Nov 2017, 12:55 AM.

scrubber
Member Avatar
Bring out your dead.

Posted Image]

These are Redoubt Miniatures ACW Casualties with green stuff used so they look less like soldiers.
Why do we have dead? Well you can "Plum-Bust" you gun when blazing away with shots. Roll 3 one's and no 6's then it's dang busted. Only place to get new weapon is Gunsmith's shop or from dead body. They also bring out the Undertaker, but that's for another time.

euansmith
Member Avatar
Major
Billie Bunty looks great. So many dead. It is like the end to "The Great Silence".

scrubber
Member Avatar
Must buy some female casualties in new year as David uses all female gang some times. And big cheer "Bustie" has made a return.

scrubber
Member Avatar
Since it's likely that I will be moving south sometime in next 18 month's I had better make a start on some builds myself.
So to start, Livery Stables made from foam board, cardboard and balsa wood.
Posted Image
The 6 team mule wagon [Redoubt Miniatures] has a to larger base, also needs breaking down to team of 4 mule's. The unpainted one in the front is a Tiger Miniatures Colonial wagon. The driver will move onto the Redoubt model as he's rather large. He will be replaced with a smaller Knuckleduster miniature once I buy them.

So progress since Sunday. Out side of Stable all boarded out. Need to get some mdf to do the base next as the inside needs painting before floor of hay loft and roof are fitted.
Posted Image

scrubber
Member Avatar
Big big problem. That's the last of the small windows. Anyone know of a supplier 28mm windows, not laser cut.

# Digits
Member Avatar
Shadowkin
I will take a look fella. If not....we will have to make our own and cast them!

Barn is looking good too.
Edited by Digits, 4 Feb 2018, 05:20 PM.

euansmith
Member Avatar
Major
That's a cool looking livery stable. Are you going to use a pin to "nail holes" in to the planks to finish them off?

scrubber
Member Avatar
Hi Euan. Not though of that, but now will give it a go.
So do I just take a pin and push it into the plank leaving a hole behind ?

# Digits
Member Avatar
Shadowkin
It will drive you MAD!

euansmith
Member Avatar
Major
Yeah, little pin holes where the nails would be. When painted, the shadow makes it look a bit like a nail in the wood. Like Digits said, "That way madness lies", but it is a cool effect.

☺Easy E
Member Avatar
Captain
I had heard of rivet counting in wargames, but not nail hole counting. Euan, you took wargaming to a new level! :)
Edited by Easy E, 8 Mar 2018, 10:13 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · 'Real World' Project Logs · Next Topic »