Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Catachan XII "Barking Toads"
Topic Started: 22 Dec 2016, 03:44 AM (3,522 Views)
Fortier
Member Avatar
Warrant Officer Second Class
I'm back after a hiatus from the hobby. I currently have everything assembled for 1500 points and plan on painting before I add anything else.

Infantry Squad 1
Posted Image

Infantry Squad 2
Posted Image

Infantry Squad 3
Posted Image

Infantry Squad 4
Posted Image

Infantry Squad 5
Posted Image

Platoon Command Squad
Posted Image

Veteran Squad 1
Posted Image

Veteran Squad 2
Posted Image

Company Command Squad
Posted Image

Demolisher
Posted Image

Exterminator
Posted Image
Posted Image

Thunderbolt
Posted Image

I also have 3 Chimeras and 3 priests fully assembled and some mostly assembled Sentinels that I have neglected to take pictures of. Next step is to get painting, but I need to practice with my new airbrush some more first.

Edited by Fortier, 22 Dec 2016, 03:49 AM.

Inso
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
It looks like you have a great little army there :)

Now the hard bit... getting them covered with paint :)

I look forward to seeing these painted up :)

Papafakis
Member Avatar
Corporal
Their looking great so far, but it begs the question, where iz da barkin toad?!!!!!!!! ;)

Cool company name :D

# Digits
Member Avatar
Shadowkin
Nice force. When do we see your paint scheme? Going with camp stripes?

Fortier
Member Avatar
Digits
22 Dec 2016, 04:59 PM
Nice force. When do we see your paint scheme? Going with camp stripes?
I'm thinking of going with black splotches on green with a brighter green outline around the splotches, similar to this:
Posted Image

# Digits
Member Avatar
Shadowkin
Cool. I just realised my iPad predictive text changed "camo" to "camp" in my last post! I hope you realised that! Lol
Edited by Digits, 23 Dec 2016, 02:14 AM.

SDKFZ
Member Avatar
Warrant Officer First Class
Your of to a great start. Looking forward to seeing some paint later on then :)

shingouki
Photobucket
Corporal
looking promising there mate.

Matyilinko
Member Avatar
Captain
Nice start, very dynamic poses, so one small step all ya need, paaaintin' them out. But you are a lucky one, it's X-mas too, so between two pint of ale you can progress with them. :) Can't wait to see the tank, do you have any special plan for it, camopaint etc?

Fortier
Member Avatar
Matyilinko
24 Dec 2016, 08:22 PM
Nice start, very dynamic poses, so one small step all ya need, paaaintin' them out. But you are a lucky one, it's X-mas too, so between two pint of ale you can progress with them. :) Can't wait to see the tank, do you have any special plan for it, camopaint etc?
I'm thinking about just painting them green and making them muddy, still undecided.

On a side note, I did get some painting done today, finally messed around with my airbrush and got all the infantry basecoated. Not sure why I thought using an airbrush was going to be difficult.
Posted Image

Matyilinko
Member Avatar
Captain
Nice. Thats a lot of skin you need to paint! Now thats the hard part!

Fortier
Member Avatar
Got some more basecoating done today.
Posted Image

SirTainly
Member Avatar
Progress is just that - looking forward to seeing you getting some colour on these guys .

SDKFZ
Member Avatar
Oh, the primer is on :) Thats the spirit ! Now, will you start on the troops or the tanks ?

Fortier
Member Avatar
SDKFZ
1 Jan 2017, 07:26 AM
Oh, the primer is on :) Thats the spirit ! Now, will you start on the troops or the tanks ?
I think I'm going to start with the infantry and save the vehicles for last.

I've finished priming everything, but my trusty old lamp has died so I am waiting on a new one to arrive.
Posted Image

Matyilinko
Member Avatar
Captain
Ohh jeez looks like you will have a lot of fun in this quarter of the year. Too much nice things to paint. Lovely kits. :)

Fortier
Member Avatar
Been busy with health stuff and house renovations. I have also joined a local group and will hopefully be having my first game in a very long time this weekend.

Meltagun veteran, company commander, medic and two grenade launcher veterans (these are replacements for existing units)
Posted Image

Green Platoon, Infantry Squad 1
Posted Image

Fortier
Member Avatar
Green Platoon, Infantry Squad 2
Posted Image

Demorte
Member Avatar
Nice large force! Is good to have troops to play on the field. I look forward to seeing some in your scheme.

Fortier
Member Avatar
Mortar Squad 1
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Science Fiction Project Logs · Next Topic »