Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Curse of the Alabaster; Inquisimunda Warbands, Terrain, & Events
Topic Started: 25 Aug 2016, 11:26 PM (93,279 Views)
Shibboleth
Member Avatar
Colour Sergeant
CURSE OF THE ALABASTER

Happy to announce an upcoming game being played in November in Los Angeles, "Curse of the Alabaster". An Inquisimunda narrative event comprised of several linked games.

Guests include Migsula, Weirding Way, The Killing Cold, Shibboleth, Mr Litotes, Grimpulp, as well a half dozen other talented hobbyists. With some special input & contributions from Thistle.

Plus plans in motion to Live Stream the entire event with Kenny Boucher and the Long War/Spikey Bits channels!

This will will serve as a thread where players can post pictures, etc.

GAME SETTING

Imagine a Black Ship, filled with psykers collected under a Letter of Marque by a mad Rogue Trader family, separate from the Navigators guild. Things are played loose and dangerously. And one trip, en route, the geller fields fail, and horrible possibilities enter their reality. Thousands die in the ensuing violence onboard, as the crew desperately tries to fight the chaos unleashed.

they pull closer to an industrial world, the nearest port from this storm, looking for respite. The navigator is killed in the conflict and the ship emerges from the warp into realspace with horrible miscalculation. It shatters into large sections, each emerging suddenly within a massive industrial hive spire.

The days, weeks, and months following are utter madness.

Psykers who survive the crash spill into the hive, bringing chaos. Nobles eager to hunt for new slaves for their service and pleasures. Precinct Arbites desperately trying to restore some semblance of order within their regions. Martial Law. Hive gangs of all sizes, colors, and goals jockeying for position with the new power imbalance. Salvage teams, scrappers, entering the ruins to gain rare technologies, seeking to strip the ship of valuables. Mercenaries descending into the industrial sump wastes seeking to catch psykers for the bounties on their heads. Inquisitors sent to clean up the mess....

..... More to come.....

..... Game inbound 11/5/16

Edited by Shibboleth, 26 Jan 2017, 06:49 PM.

Alexander
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
Hey ho, this sounds amazing! Cool to see such a talented group getting together. It will be exciting to see what you all make.

Lysimachus
Member Avatar
Warrant Officer First Class
This sounds properly, properly brilliant! And for all of us who live so far away that attending would have been pretty much impossible, I have to say that streaming the event is a genius idea, please make that happen if you can!
Edited by Lysimachus, 26 Aug 2016, 06:13 AM.

Manus
Member Avatar
Very cool - since being a total gaming noob (just modelling here) which rules are you using for something like this? I still struggling with the two inq28 vs inquisimunda concepts ^o)

theKillingCold
Member Avatar
Colour Sergeant
I am quite excited to be taking part in this new project! I am going to be making a small group of Adeptus Arbites, something I have been wanting to do for a long time now. My recent work on the Church of the Red Athenaeum for the Pilgrym project (namely the Order of the Crimson Hour sisters), gave me a lot of ideas of how I might make some true Arbites (particularly with making more compact shotguns). Below are a few pictures of the current status of my attempt at making some Arbitrators; I wanted to give them a very Judge Dredd vibe. There is still a lot of work that needs to be done with the models, but I wanted to see what people think!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Each Enforcer will have a sidearm:
Posted Image

Converted combat shotguns:
Posted Image

WIP Enforcer:
Posted Image
Edited by theKillingCold, 26 Aug 2016, 05:13 PM.

JaggedToothGrin
Member Avatar
Colour Sergeant
none of the pics work so far cold
cool idea though shib, will be following with interest

Soulblight
Member Avatar
Warrant Officer Second Class
Yes, yes aaaand YES!!

That game gonna be crazy! You really should live stream it!
I especially wait to see that mad terrain you guys gonna put up!

Mjd
Member Avatar
Sergeant
AH it's a shame we can't see the pictures because the fluff is exciting ! Looking forward for updates !

Alexander
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
I can see the pictures by KillingCold. They look ace.

Malika
Member Avatar
The pics don't work. :(

KRG-23
Member Avatar
Sergeant
I can't see dem photos !

Pariah-Miniatures
Sergeant
Sounds really great! Though I moved out of LA a year ago :/
Really been wanting to get more involved with projects like this to boost my hobby involvement, work and real life have just consumed me.

Shibboleth
Member Avatar
Colour Sergeant
Killing Cold, you're killing me. Nice start- very cool and they look very forboding. Don't want to be on the wrong end of the law.

That said, I'm most likely going to be on the wrong end of the law..... lol :)

Bronislaw Czevak
Member Avatar
Very cool arbites! The cut down shotguns look good.

WilhelMiniatures
Colour Sergeant
Fantastic stuff!
The Arbites are great, their helmets look brilliant!

Johannus
Member Avatar
Great job on the WIP Arbites, the trenchcoat, kneepads and brass aquilas really make them. And of course the helmet. You've even managed to get Dredd's scornful curled lip in there! Personally I always liked the big beefy shotguns of the classic minis, but I can see where you're coming from with something more stocky. Skillful work!

Shibboleth
Member Avatar
Colour Sergeant
Hi guys- I'm experimenting with a new method for watermarking & hosting my pictures. Trying to streamline it on an iPad so the entire process is easier and faster than beforre

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Shibboleth, 28 Aug 2016, 05:47 AM.

Alexander
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
First one is just a web adress and the second one says posted image with that broken image logo.

Shibboleth
Member Avatar
Colour Sergeant
Spent the afternoon putting together a player packet, with a description of the event, war and creation, and our LA house rule list for psychic powers for this game event. Looks good, like a proper forge world style book. 😀

I have to edit and fix typos, some copy, but once complete we'll share it with the Inq community at large.

Re: picture hosting
Still playing around with the actual watermarks I'll use, but overall MUCH faster process. All on the iPad.

Old system was take the picture, get to my my studio computer, download to photos app, bring into photoshop, edit as needed & add a watermark, export as jpg, upload to browser based photobucket, then link here

New method: take the pic on the iPad, watermark with an app, upload with the photobucket app, post here. Took like 30 seconds. 😀

Much easier, especially since my main MacPro is not in my home but in my music studio a 15 min drive away
Edited by Shibboleth, 28 Aug 2016, 05:58 AM.

Bronislaw Czevak
Member Avatar
What app are you using to do the photo editing and graphic art on iPad? I've tried looking for such apps before but never really found anything suitable?

6 users reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · INQ28 Painting & Modelling · Next Topic »