Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
People of the Imperium; The flock and the shepherds
Topic Started: 27 Mar 2016, 08:36 PM (11,962 Views)
Freddy
Member Avatar
Colour Sergeant
Hi,

as you possibly saw in the introduction part, I came to this forum because I got astonished from the incredible quality and amount of Inq28 stuff here. I never played Inq28, but always loved the theme: have a quite big Imperial Guard army, which had got some inquisitorial additions during the years. I've never really loved the almost comically overheroical side of 40k, the grim darkness of the far future is much more intresting when you look at the everyday life of more common Imperial folk. Necromunda and most of the inquisitorial stuff are just about this, so that is why I made quite a lots of models for them.

First of all, the stuff already done.
One of my first Priests, made from a Rackham Confrontation guy:
Posted Image

Fat bretonnian priest, used almost unchanged:
Posted Image

Another Priest:
Posted Image

Female Priest, from various leftover bitz, her bionic arm is made from plastic rods.
Posted Image

Another Priest, I call him Pater Shrek. The floating text is held by a wire led through his finger, continued on the other side as one of the servo skull tendrils.
Posted Image

One of my favourite GW models ever, the old missionary:
Posted Image

Inquisitor Gideon Lorr, an old, maybe limited model.
Posted Image

An old inquisitor sculpt, with some converted henchmen:
Posted Image

Better pic from one of the henchmen above: a Psyker. Rackham Kelt figure from the glorious days before the suicide of Rackham, won it at a competition and made into 40k (for Rackham, I played Dirz:) Once:):) )
Posted Image

Another older sculpt, I used her sometimes in 40k:
Posted Image

Some objective markers. Old sculpts, and the CAT from Space Hulk.
Posted Image

Death Cult assassins. There was a competition here which was about to paint a Kelt Fianna figure from Rackham. I decided to make mine into some unoriginal: a 40k Death Cult Assassin. Then I painted her 2 sisters too.
Posted Image

Micro Art Studio Admech guys, converted with GW flamers:
Posted Image

A GW sage:
Posted Image

GW crusader:
Posted Image

GW acolyte:
Posted Image

Another one:
Posted Image

My own acolyte sculpt:
Posted Image

Prison guard:
Posted Image

Civilians: leftover bitz, even some 1/48 figures.
Posted Image

zealots: and old Ordo Hereticus unit from WD, converted from WHF flagellants.
Posted Image

Another unit:
Posted Image

The last two units (have 4*20 of them):
Posted Image

Finally, three units of Psykers
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And now the stuff currently WIP:
An inquisistor from Scibor:
Posted Image

Some Acolytes, from him too:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

A crusader-type model:
Posted Image

A rogue trader crew. A warrior, a secretary and the trader himself:
Posted Image

And the 4th crew member, I call him the poet:
Posted Image

So that is the stuff currently on the table, but thanks to this forum, I got loads and loads of new ideas: updates coming soon.

euansmith
Member Avatar
Major
Blimey, you do loads of nice freehand work. My favourite it your greenstuff fat bloke with the big scroll held up by the servo-skulls.

Freddy
Member Avatar
Colour Sergeant
euansmith
27 Mar 2016, 09:33 PM
Blimey, you do loads of nice freehand work. My favourite it your greenstuff fat bloke with the big scroll held up by the servo-skulls.
Thank you! This kind of freehand is quite easy if you have a small brush and do it with artist oil paint (it does not dry so fast into the brush like acrylic does).

commissarmoody
Warrant Officer Second Class
A nice interesting mix of figs. I like the 1/48 converted civilians and Pater Shrek

Freddy
Member Avatar
Colour Sergeant
A new WIP. Still thinking about the head, maybe the one of flaming crown Flagellant guy is better.
Posted Image

An I got this figure yesterday. An EDEN something, but looks very AdMech. Has two sets of hands, some hitech katana-like swords and a hitech flute/blowjob thing.
Posted Image
Edited by Freddy, 2 Apr 2016, 01:28 PM.

euansmith
Member Avatar
Major
Flamers-akimbo looks great. The current head gives him a nice hi-tech, though still angry look; I can see why you are thinking of trying the Flagellant head. That Eden mini is nicely weird already.

AceOfBlades
Member Avatar
Warrant Officer First Class
Your GS work looks pretty top notch, can't wait to see some of the new guys painted up.

The robo samurai is also a great looking mini and should fit right into 40k with a few small touch ups.

Freddy
Member Avatar
Colour Sergeant
@euansmith: thank you! I think is stay with this head, a flaming crown is a bit dangerous for a hunchback guy.

@AceOfBlades thank you too!
Your GS work looks pretty top notch, can't wait to see some of the new guys painted up.
Truth is, I like scuplting and converting better than painting. I usually wait for 10-20-30-40 unpainted models, then paint them together- as I mentioned, I am basically an IG collector, and there is no other way to paint the hundreds of Guardsmen.

The robo samurai is also a great looking mini and should fit right into 40k with a few small touch ups.
Now I have an idea, he is gonna be a Tech Cult preacher. Already picked the parts, but he is still not assembled

...but what do I need a Tech Cult preacher for? An AdMech warband, of course.
The leader will be a Tech priest, still early WIP. I like the idea of using two SM tors backs for a bulkier torso (do not know where I saw it first), and the robed skiitari head fits with a little trimming. For the legs, I gonna sculpt a robe, on the front there will be a big parchment (yay freehands), on the back a servo arm from the Dunecrawler, in the right hand a scratchbuilt Mechanicus axe, and I plan to go into a "pack mule" direction with lots of stuff, he is gonna be a leader of an expedition for archeotech.
Posted Image

The second one in the expedition is this little guy. A gnoblar from the ogre box: bought them for converting into ogryns, but IG theme conversions left me with lots of unusable stuff, the banner pole gnoblar among them. But now the idea came from one of the topics here- make him into and AdMech servant with a headswap. So that is what I did. Amost complete, he gonna have a small oxygen tank on the front, that is where the gasmask gonna be connected.
Posted Image

Last but not least, something non-AdMech, a hired gun type character. SM torsos make great bulky chest armor for IG-type guys (used lots of them in my IG army), but the original one is a little broad for IG, you have to trim it: cut 1-2mm from both sides. There will be an ugly hole of course, but arms will cover the most of it, the rest you can easily fill with green stuff. SM scout legs, Catachan missile launcher right hand, power fist from some SM set.
Posted Image
Edited by Freddy, 3 Apr 2016, 02:10 PM.

Freddy
Member Avatar
Colour Sergeant
The little one is ready for the paint:
Posted Image

And the Tech Cult Preacher. I do not know what to do with the staff, maybe a big cogwheel icon, or a book with Admech iconography.
Posted Image

euansmith
Member Avatar
Major
Using a back to front torso on the Tech-Preacher is a really novel idea. Top Kitbash-Fu.

Mr. Litotes
Member Avatar
Colour Sergeant
Quite an impressive amount of miniatures. It looks like you have whole army here and that every miniature in it is converted. Impressive.

I like that women seem fairly well represented in your force. May favorite miniature from your collection from what I've seen is the fellow holding the burning skull. Is he just a squad leader or some kind of pyromancer psyker?

Freddy
Member Avatar
Colour Sergeant
Quote:

Using a back to front torso on the Tech-Preacher is a really novel idea. Top Kitbash-Fu.

Thanks! Now I remember where the idea comes from: a Huron conversion from an old GW.

Quote:

Quite an impressive amount of miniatures. It looks like you have whole army here and that every miniature in it is converted. Impressive.

Thank you! Actually it is just part of an army, quite a big one, 27053 points of Imperial Guard, 1308 infantry, some 80-90 vehicles, fully painted, over 90% heavily converted. called Scythia XIV, fighting for the Emperor on land, air and sea:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Quote:

I like that women seem fairly well represented in your force.

The army mentioned above is based on the traditional army image, women are quite rare there. But on the less conventonal parts there are more of them. In the civilian population the ratio is around 50-50% of course, and the same goes for psychic affinity, as far as I kow the fluff.

Quote:

May favorite miniature from your collection from what I've seen is the fellow holding the burning skull. Is he just a squad leader or some kind of pyromancer psyker?

The squad leader Overseer is the guy with the armband, the one with the skull is just a regular psyker in the 40k game. In a skirmish game however her abilities could be more specific. I made the psyker units for the 2009 40k European Team Championship (I was the Imperial Guard player of the Hungarian team), I imagined them as a bunch of weirdos with differently manifested psyhic abilities, but still working together for the common goal.
Here are some WIP pics, most bits come from the WHFB Imperial Wizards set, and lots of them are sculpted and cast by me (there were much less good plastic kits back then).
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

AceOfBlades
Member Avatar
Warrant Officer First Class
The overall diversity you have going on here is great. Would love to see a group/army shot of them all painted up.

Freddy
Member Avatar
Colour Sergeant
AceOfBlades
28 May 2016, 10:04 PM
The overall diversity you have going on here is great. Would love to see a group/army shot of them all painted up.
Thanks! I've never done a group shot, because I never field them together and it would be hella lot of time to arrange them for a photo from the various boxes they are stored in. Here is a battle shot of 8000pts, my biggest battle so far.
Posted Image

Meanwhile I am painting the Inquisitor dude with the giant fuel tank. I make it for a little competition ending in May, so better hurry :) Pics coming soon.

Freddy
Member Avatar
Colour Sergeant
Freddy
29 May 2016, 05:09 PM
Meanwhile I am painting the Inquisitor dude with the giant fuel tank. I make it for a little competition ending in May, so better hurry :) Pics coming soon.
...so there he is, finished just in time. Base from Micro Arts Studio.

Posted Image
Edited by Freddy, 31 May 2016, 10:55 PM.

Mr. Litotes
Member Avatar
Colour Sergeant
The inquisitor looks good. The painting on him is nice and crisp. Did you greenstuff the inquisitorial seal on his fuel tank?

The giant fuel tank is a really fun and defining characteristic for the mini. Do you count it as a One in a Million flamer?

Freddy
Member Avatar
Colour Sergeant
Mr. Litotes
2 Jun 2016, 08:22 PM
The inquisitor looks good. The painting on him is nice and crisp. Did you greenstuff the inquisitorial seal on his fuel tank?
Thank you! The shield of the inquisitorial seal is part of the mini, the ][ itself is freehand painted.

Quote:

The giant fuel tank is a really fun and defining characteristic for the mini.

Yea, I love it too. Especially after I discovered that Scibor made it from an 1/35 German ww2 38cm Sturmtiger shell.

Quote:

Do you count it as a One in a Million flamer?

No, it is pure cosmetical, the weapon is basically a combi flamer.

euansmith
Member Avatar
Major
Maybe the "tank" on his back is actually like a pedal bin that he keeps the ashes of the incinerated heretics in; after all, even in death, a Heretic poses a danger to society, even if only as a choking hazard.

Gretchin~
Member Avatar
Colour Sergeant
Holy carp! Loads of weird and wonderful things going on here! You have some awesome vision for reimagining the human frame! ^^

Freddy
Member Avatar
Colour Sergeant
euansmith
4 Jun 2016, 03:48 PM
Maybe the "tank" on his back is actually like a pedal bin that he keeps the ashes of the incinerated heretics in; after all, even in death, a Heretic poses a danger to society, even if only as a choking hazard.
"Clean your soul, purge the heretic, mop the floor!"

Well.. I go for the fuel tank. :P :)

Quote:

Holy carp! Loads of weird and wonderful things going on here! You have some awesome vision for reimagining the human frame! ^

Thank you! :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · INQ28 Painting & Modelling · Next Topic »