Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Nestorian Infestation; by Bigbossredskullz and WilhelMiniatures
Topic Started: 14 Mar 2016, 12:28 AM (35,062 Views)
WilhelMiniatures
Colour Sergeant
Recently I discovered that Bigbossredskullz (check out his blog here!) also live in Norway. He contacted me and asked if I was interested in a game. We live quite far away from each other, but he's travelling to Oslo sometime during the fall, and we thought it would be a good idea to combine the trip with a game. We suddenly had a lot of time before the game, and decided to make something special out of it. Inspired by Iron Sleets Pilgrym-project, we decided to do something similar. It's of course not going to have the same scale as the Pilgrym-project, but I can promise you all that it's still going to be a project worth following.

We decided to go with a Genestealer Cult vs. Deathwatch Killteam theme. This topic will be our joint topic, where we both post our updates on the Project.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've done some more work on the Genestealer Beast, but still have a long way to go. Still not sure about the arms..

Posted Image

The Genestealer Magus received a quick head-swap. I love the head with the Riddick style glasses.

Posted Image

The Genestealer Primus got a new pose. I thought the original looked a bit flat. I also exchanged his sword arm with one of the tiny hands from one of the Familars. Even though I like hybrids with three arms, I think it looks a bit of when every model have it. It also looks more like a mutation when the arms are different sizes.

Posted Image

The first and second generation hybrids originally all have three arms. I want to make my hybrids appear more random, and have made a couple with only two arms.

Posted Image

The Abberants with hammers are amazing models, so I made them straight out of the box. The ones with the pickaxes on the other hand, have really awkward poses, so I did some adjustments on the first one.

Posted Image

Lastly I've made a bodyguard servitor for my future radical Ordo Xenos Inquisitor. I gave it the Genestealer sword from the Primus. One of many gifts from the Cult for their allegiance with the Inquisitor.

We have talked a bit about what the background story should be, but I need to gather everything into one place before we post it here. More will come soon!

JackDaw
Member Avatar
Warrant Officer Second Class
Great stuff - I'm getting more and more tempted to pick up the Cult models and do something Ord Xenos related for a change and things like this aren't helping. Love the small but effective tweaks you've made to the Magus and Primus and the beefy Patriarch reminds me of the bullish metal original. Looking forward to seeing more.

Johannus
Member Avatar
Warrant Officer First Class
Look forward to seeing what you guys put together! Your Cult is looking really good already - the giant beastie is nice and different. Great work on the head, so creepy. I agree about the hybrids needing more randomness as well so appreciate all the tinkering with different number and type of arms.

The servitor has a really nice flow to him. An inquisitor worshipping the Four-Armed Emperor? True heresy!

Red Skullz
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
Well personally I think itíll be pretty awesome tbh :)

In short we will each make an Inquisitor, a Genestealer cult and a small group of Deathwatch marines and then switch it up between games. This serves multiple reasons but primarily both can make fun stuff as its obviously the cult thatís the most interesting from our perspective at least.

The game will be late fall in Oslo as Iím going down there for a training course.

This leaves us with quite a bit of time on our hands which is a good thing as itíll hopefully produce a lot of really nice miniatures and background.

Wilhelm is already well into his cult which you can see up there. So Iíll start with Deathwatch to counter it ;)

As far as background, hereís a tidbit..

Nestorianism is a doctrine that emphasizes the disunion between the human and divine and seek to join and enhance the human by joining the hive mind and thus become divine.
Ė from the Teachings of Nestorian, former Ordo Xenos Inquisitor

Nestorian..what have you done..?
Ė Berrugoete, Ordo Xenos inquisitor, brother

-t

# Commissar Molotov
Member Avatar
Lord Inquisitor
Very promising! I'm really excited to see what you come up with.

Remnante
Corporal
Wow! I'll be keeping a very close eye on this! The servitor looks brilliant.

WarbossKurgan
Member Avatar
Warrant Officer First Class
Oh, I love this!

Collaborative projects like this really get the creative juices flowing. I shall be watching this with interest and pleasure! :D

Red Skullz
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
Posted Image

Amongst a hundred men, there may be none fit for the Adeptus Astartes. Amongst a hundred Space Marines, there may be one fit for the Deathwatch.

To deal with Nestorian, this elite team has been drafted from the White Scars, Imperial Fists, Dark Angels, Vlka Fenryka, Iron Hands and led by the Blood Angel librarian Fravashi. Such is the threat of the Nestorian Infestation that those chapters normally not willing to directly ally or support the Inquisition has now done so..

..They carry candles to remove the spoor taint and holy icons to ward the mind..

..Armed with holy bolters, preferred instruments against hordes..

..And faith..the ultimate shield.. most important tool of them all..

ó

I hope itís not seen as lazy not doing entirely new DW marines but Iíve spent too much time on these not to use these miniatures from my stranded Grey Knights project :)

-t

euansmith
Member Avatar
Major
That Dread Knight is super imposing.

# Commissar Molotov
Member Avatar
Lord Inquisitor
Very grimdark! I would like to see you taking on some lesser-known Chapters in your squad!

migsula
Member Avatar
Now this is going to be worth the popcorn! So happy you guys are doing it and that Pilgrym has been an inspiration in the mix!!

Red Skullz
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
Cheers everyone for the encouraging words :) Both me and Wilhelm are ready to really put down some serious work as we want this to become something special.

@Commissar Molotov: Space Marines on general ain't my thing but the chapters I've chosen is actually ones I give a damn about (albeit a small one). Besides I'm not do fussed about where they come from, it's more about where they're at now :)

# Commissar Molotov
Member Avatar
Lord Inquisitor
No, I totally get you! One of the main attractions of the Deathwatch is that you can collect the chapters you love in one force! I look forward to seeing your particularly grimdark take on the Deathwatch take shape!

Red Skullz
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
Yeah I'm definitely familiar with it and I never was too thrilled about them but in the setting me an Wilhelm will create and the fact I get to use my truescale grimdark marines for something worthwhile. Well then it's all good :) now it's not so obvious on the picture but I've made a few changes on each of them to better represent their home chapters so it'll be fun seeing if I can bring that out while painting.

KrautScientist
Member Avatar
Lieutenant
A very promising project indeed! It will be interesting to see how you turn your very grimdark and Blanchian true scale Astartes into members of the First Founding chapters. Consider my interest piqued ;)

WilhelMiniatures
Colour Sergeant
Cheers guys!

Thank you all for taking an interest in our project, and thanks for the comments.

The models of the 3rd and 4th generation hybrids of the Genestealer Cult look fantastic. But I always look for ways to convert my miniatures, no matter how great they look. The only thing that bothers me about these models are the ridiculously oversized autoguns they carry. Therefore I did a couple of weapon swaps, to make them more realistic.

I just primed the models, and promise that the next post will have some painted models in it!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Red Skullz
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
I like those a lot, can't wait to I get my box :)

I actually got hold of some 1st and 2nd edition stealers and even a hybrid. I'll be merging everything together but I'm tweaking my theme a bit. The spoor thing my Deathwatch are warding themselves from will be further explored.

Routasydšn
Same here, cant wait to get my hands on those creeps.
Really nice to see some cult conversions, Im hoping to build a small warband from the box :)
Looking forward to seeing your paintings! Are you going with the GW theme or something more original?

-Routa

euansmith
Member Avatar
Major
The Hybrids do look really cool and you've given them added interest.

Tony of Nurgle
Member Avatar
I'll be keeping a close eye on this. Should be getting my box in a couple of weeks.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · INQ28 Painting & Modelling · Next Topic »