Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Adm'rul Kurgan's Ironfang Pirate Fleet; Updating for AoS
Topic Started: 26 Jan 2016, 01:38 PM (5,779 Views)
WarbossKurgan
Member Avatar
Warrant Officer First Class
It's going to be a massive job and it will take at least a few months, but I've decided to re-base my Pirate Orc army for Age Of Sigmar, starting with The Chimeras. This also means the army also needs new fluff for the Mortal Realms, so I will be writing a bit for each warband as I re-base and update them...

~~~

Kapitan Sinbag and The Chimeras
Orruk corsairs from Hysh, the Realm of Light.

The Isla de los Corsarios in Chamon was home to a culture much like Estallia in the World-That-Was. The island had three major cities and was ruled by three feuding noble houses of the Castilians.

The feuds ended hundreds of years ago when the Arabican Empire invaded from Hysh. A long war was fought between the united noble houses and the Arabicans that ended in an uneasy truce, with the Castilian noble houses controlling two of the island’s cities and the Arabican’s controlling the third.

The pinnacle-city of Ras Kebdaha, in a wide bay on the east coast of the island, was re-built by Arabicans in the style of their own cities in Hysh: domed spires and ornate archways, whitewashed walls and gilt-and-turquoise decoration.

When the forces of Chaos defeated and slayed the population, Arabicans and Castilians alike, the island was left empty and in ruins for centuries. The forces of Destruction eventually followed the Arabicans from Hysh and occupied the island. In the city of Ras Kebdaha, the orruks and ogors took on the habits and customs of the Arabicans in a mockery of their sophisticated civilisation. In Port d’Addia and Port Mahóne they adopted the Castilian style.

Kaptain Sinbag and the Chimeras are typical of the Arabican-styled orruks that set sail from Ras Kebdaha. They wear brightly coloured (if filthy) robes, sashes, fez and turbans.The all carry an array of wickedly curved scimitars and daggers, and most are festooned with baroquely decorated flintlock pistols. They are often accompanied on their adventures through the Mortal Realms by a noisy gaggle of grots, a dim-witted River Troll (in a Fez) and a sun-burned Ogor Maneater. They are occasionally joined by an ancient sorcerer - a Djinn Binder of dubious reputation.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Edited by WarbossKurgan, 25 May 2016, 08:56 AM.

Legatho
Member Avatar
Oh Yeah ! Green Corsairs ! Awesome !

Nordic
Member Avatar
I love orcs with lots of character. I was thinking of making a orc gang for mordheim some day and this serves as great inspiration!

euansmith
Member Avatar
Major
Those are some really fun conversions with ace paint jobs... You've got an entire army like this?

Alexander
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
I love your orcs! Did you ever finish the Alice project?

WarbossKurgan
Member Avatar
euansmith
26 Jan 2016, 06:16 PM
You've got an entire army like this?
An army or Orc Pirates, of various flavours, yes. They aren't all Araby themed. I'll be posting a lot more of them as I work my way through re-basing and updating the army :)

Alexander

Did you ever finish the Alice project?

Not yet, I want to though as I still have some ideas for more models. I will definitely re-visit them at a later date.
Posted Image

I have finished re-basing and adding the extra skin highlight to some more Orc Corsairs and a Troll.

Yes, the Troll has a Fez. Fezs are cool.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Edited by WarbossKurgan, 8 Apr 2016, 01:12 PM.

Nordic
Member Avatar
great stuff! Shef and Chama the squigcharmer are my favs.

Puffe
Member Avatar
Sergeant
Really lovely minis! Another reason to love orcs.
My favorite things are the little crab on Shef's base and Sinbag's sleeves. Minor details that do a lot for the overall feel.

nerodine
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
I saw these on Twitter and thought they were great, but the up close shots are even better! So characterful, you've done a wonderful job on these.

WarbossKurgan
Member Avatar
Five more Orc Corsairs of Hysh:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The warband so far:

Posted Image
And then there is this big fella:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Edited by WarbossKurgan, 31 Jan 2016, 09:51 PM.

euansmith
Member Avatar
Major
Your modelling and painting style are both a joy to behold, yarrrr.

WarbossKurgan
Member Avatar
Razkhadim the Djinn Binder summons Irthaluk The Traveller, an untrustworthy air Djinn, to serve ‪‎The Chimeras‬.

(I'm using the Warscrolls for a Chaos Sorcerer Lord and a summoned Herald of Tzeentch.)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Chimera's leaders watch the binding...

Posted Image

In the dark of the moonless night the Chimeras crowded round Razkhadhim and the large brass bottle as the Djinn Binder carefully removed the wax seal while reciting the ancient words of control. They nodded to each other in silent approval; they always enjoyed a good ritual. As the seal crumbled and fell to the sand the Orc Corsairs shuffled a few steps back.

The Djinn flowed out of the brass bottle like smoke, laughing like thunder. His pale turquoise skin transformed from moment to moment: Now almost transparent, now as solid as stone. From the waist down he faded into billowing sand coloured clouds. He rolled and span as he revelled in his new-found freedom, stretching his arms and shouting. The whirling of the Djinn stirred up the wind and the sand, whipping the long robes of the gathered group.

After a few minutes he seemed to notice Razkhadhim and the cowering Orc Corsairs for the first time. For a tiny fraction of a second his face fell, his expression changed to fear, panic and loathing. But the fleeting moment passed and his mastered his emotions. He slowly folded his arms with a disdainful look of pride and arrogance.

"What is your wish, my master?" he said in a booming voice loaded with scornful contempt.

euansmith
Member Avatar
Major
That is great stuff; particularly the djinn, and the fluff is great. Also , the "desert" background is such a neat idea.

Nuclearhawke
Member Avatar
That genie style Djinn is absolutely brilliant! the colour scheme is really striking too, like an evil version of the Robin Williams Disney character!

Legatho
Member Avatar
Excellent, what a universe !

Omegon
Member Avatar
Warrant Officer Second Class
Such amazing and characterful models. I love the Djinn, has an Orcy look but at the same time is very different.

WarbossKurgan
Member Avatar
Thanks very much all! :)

@Omegon
I was aiming for how orcs would imagine a Djinn as I've always thought the forms Daemons take are affected by the fears and emotions of their viewers.

The Grots! Occasional artillery crew, always downtrodden.

The D'Regs - Pashmak, Noghul and Sabzi

Posted Image

Posted Image

The B'dooin - Kabob, Baglava and Qatog

Posted Image

Posted Image

Haddar the Bully

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

All the updated & re-based Chimeras so far (just 10 Boyz left to do):

Posted Image
Edited by WarbossKurgan, 15 Feb 2016, 05:54 AM.

WarbossKurgan
Member Avatar
Another 5 Boyz for the Chimeras - this leaves 5 more to complete the warband's re-basing.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

euansmith
Member Avatar
Major
The level of detail throughout this project is astonishing.

WarbossKurgan
Member Avatar
The last 5 Boyz of The Chimeras re-based:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is this batch and the previous batch of Orruk Boyz together. I will try to get a shot of the complete warband soon.

Posted Image
Edited by WarbossKurgan, 26 Feb 2016, 09:55 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Fantasy Project Logs · Next Topic »