Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Phantine - Ouranberg; My Cities of Death scenery
Topic Started: 23 Sep 2015, 04:59 PM (3,459 Views)
J Company
Member Avatar
Corporal
Hello everyone,

For a couple of months I've been actively building 40k scenery for my own table. I have always been battling at the local club where there was enough scenery, so I never had to bother building scenery for my own.
Since the club has been gone, so my place to play my 40k battles. Playing 40k became a little tougher when there was no place to battle.

Because I don't want to dependent of one of my friends, who has a table but isn't very interested in playing at the moment, I decided to make my own table and scenery.

I always loved playing city fights. In city fights the whole sphere of 40k comes alive, at least that's who I feel about it.

I love the Tanith First and only, so I wanted to make a ruined city which had been one of their battlefields. I decided to make my version of one of the city on the planet Phantine, the world where the Tanith fight in 'The Guns of Tanith' one of my favorite books. The story of their assault on Cirenholm is just awesome.

Alright, I've said enough. Here are some pictures of my City of Death:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

More photo's will follow soon.

euansmith
Member Avatar
Major
That is some nice terrain. I am particularly impressed with your rubble piles.

J Company
Member Avatar
Corporal
Thanks!

They're made from cork of coasters. It's perfect for making rubble piles. Here another example of a building filled with rubble.

Posted Image

And painted:
Posted Image

It's very easy to make, but it makes your battlefield much lively. I'll post later this week more photo's of my rubble plies.

bishbosh247
Member Avatar
Warrant Officer Second Class
Like it lots. I still need to sort my life out to get a board done!!! I do have a man shed now though and its ace

# Old Guard
Member Avatar
Entertainment officer...Meet the gang cos the boys are here.....
Good stuff indeed and I believe I spy both some sanity 1st and a snippet of some bloodpact. Think we need t to see more of those!

# Digits
Member Avatar
Shadowkin
Impressive stuff indeed. Half way through painting my boards. I will be chuffed if they looked as good.

euansmith
Member Avatar
Major
Thanks for the unpainted look at the rubble. This is all good, practical scenery.

DaHedd
Member Avatar
Warrant Officer First Class
Cracking scenery. Your 'Ghosts' look right at home.

Really like the way you have used the cork tiles.

Sagal
Member Avatar
Colour Sergeant
Really good. I`d like to see more of your stuff soon.

J Company
Member Avatar
Corporal
It has been a while but I finally pushed myself to add more scenery for my Cities of Death. I've built and painted some small scenery, and made a tower for my (already finished) manufactorum.

A silo:

Posted Image

I really want to fill a whole table with only these containers..

Posted Image

The added tower for the manufactorum:

Posted Image

And some small LotR-statues en rubble:

Posted Image

J Company
Member Avatar
Corporal
Some new pictures of the centerpiece of my CoD:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Next project will be the barrels and ammocrates:

Posted Image

euansmith
Member Avatar
Major
Darn it, photobucket has blocked your pictures.

J Company
Member Avatar
Corporal
It has been a long time since I posted some progress on my Cities of Death table. But finally I have something new to show you. The first (of maybe more) industrial terrain. After finishing the Warmaster recently I'm very motivated to paint more Tanith and terrain. After these Next are the walkways of these GW industrial sets.

Posted Image

Hope you like them! :)

PS: I see that Photobucket has kidnapped my older pictures... I'll post them again soon.
Edited by J Company, 26 Jan 2018, 08:46 PM.

nerodine
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
Love it! A real weight and age to those tanks.

J Company
Member Avatar
Corporal
Thanks nerodine! :)

I've almost finished alle the terrain pieces from this sets. I only have to paint some of the handrails. The cables and other stuff that you can have under the walkways will be a very low priority.

Here are some pictures. This is not glued together. I like to have to option to change the terrain with every single battle.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hope you like it! :)
Edited by J Company, 2 Feb 2018, 01:14 PM.

# Digits
Member Avatar
Shadowkin
Nice work...how did you pain5 the tanks please?

euansmith
Member Avatar
Major
You've got a lovely weathering style.

J Company
Member Avatar
Corporal
Thanks guys, I really appreciate your comments!

@Digits: First I gave the tanks a black primer. Than I sprayed them again very lightly with averland sunset. That gave it a really old look. After that I used agrax earthshade to shadow the deeper parts between the plates. After that a drubrush of averland sunset followed by necron compound. And then I used an old blistersponse and thyphus corrosion to make the dirty stains. I hope it will be of use for you!

Next will be the armoured containers! Two finished and one stil to go. And then...https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NL/Warhammer-40000-Promethium-Refinery-2017

:$

J Company
Member Avatar
Corporal
And the Mechanicum terrain en armored containers are done! I'm really satisfied with the result. Next will be some scatter terrain like barrels en ammo crates. And then.. a Promethium Refinery.. (A)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

J Company
Member Avatar
Corporal
And another update! I recently bought the Promethium Refinery and I've combined that one with my older sets. It's still WIP. I still have to paint quite some of the handrails.

Posted Image

Next pictures will be these sets on my City of Death Board.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Terrain · Next Topic »