Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Inquisitor Lenk in the Mancunius Dome Underhive; 40k Civilians on Page 13
Topic Started: 18 Nov 2014, 02:43 PM (53,455 Views)
WarbossKurgan
Member Avatar
Warrant Officer First Class
I've only just discovered this forum (via Pinterest!) so I'm going to post a bit of catch-up of the models I've made over the last couple of years (on and off - I'm and Ork / Orc player by nature, this is a side project!).

Starting with the retinue... A floaty-servo-skull-servitor-thingy:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My first real attempt at a John Blanche painting style...

Servitor Drone Mordrux

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Inquisitor Able Lenk and some henchmen

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Gumpert Tabfoot - Ratling

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Based on the inspirational model by Jakob Rune Nielsen, this is my version of his Servo Skull Collector:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tarkloth, the Servo-Skull Collector

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Navigator Morth Pellister

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Navigator Morth Pellister

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Edited by WarbossKurgan, 3 Nov 2017, 09:19 AM.

Johannus
Member Avatar
Welcome to the Bunker, glad you found your way here through the labyrinthine windings of the Webway.

Really lovely warband you've got there, with a nice Blanchean vibe. The paint scheme really works, it's simultaneously bright and eye-catching but slightly grubby.

Mordrux is a nice Wraith conversion, good choice of dangling wires, and the bright red of the tilt shield sets him off well.

Lenk is a nice combination of parts, I like that he has no obvious weapons, just the power of his mind / lackies.

The Ratlings doesn't quite do it for me, he looks a bit too much like a very short-legged Guardsman, but I do appreciate the idea and his little brass hip flask.

The Skull Collector is a nice homage to that conversion, well executed.

My favourite though is the Navigator. It's a relatively simple conversion, but there are a wealth of little bits on there that really sell the model: the pistol and cannisters at his side, the combination of Chaos Eye symbol with Aquila, the high collar and that gurning head. The paintjob sells it even more, especially the fantastic freehand symbols on his robe.

Great work and looks like you have some nice bits of terrain for use in Inq28 games as well (the control console, for instance). Look forward to seeing more of your stuff!

Alexander
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
Good to see you here as well Warboss!

I really like your warband, will you be showing the ork variant as well?

KrautScientist
Member Avatar
Lieutenant
Welcome to the forum!

I've been following your work for quite a while on Flickr, and I am really happy to see you joining the community over here as well!

Excellent retinue with a distinctly military feel (maybe it's the colour of the robes and coats?). Looking forward to your next update!

Routasydän
Warrant Officer Second Class
Waaaaaaagh!
Ive been drooling over your orcs and these other projects in Da Warpath for ages :)
Glad to have you here at last.

I really like what youve got going on with the warband, you dont see too much yellow going on here (or brownyellowkhaki whatever that is :D) and it sure works nicely on those minis.
Get some more done and be sure to post them up.

-Routa

euansmith
Member Avatar
Major
Those are some nice conversions with some great painterly paint jobs.

Johannus
Member Avatar
Meant to say, I also really like the unpainted henchman to Lenk's right in the WIP shot. I love that head, and you've created a really cool-looking crusader-like character. I demand to see him painted!

Tomas
Member Avatar
Colour Sergeant
The mini shields are fantastic and great texture work on the robes.

As Kraut says they're a strong militarum vibe with these guys. The inquisitor would look right at home as part of a larger Guard force.

Logan
Member Avatar
Welcome to the bunker! Great start man! Very nice conversions and your painting style is very nice, too! :D

iMarcusxD
Sergeant
Impressive . The war band has a less is more feel to it and paint jobs are very uniform grime looking , they look like there mission has been long and difficult , I like that the models aren't overly armoured or over armed . This war band seems to be more in keeping with the ethos of the inquisitor book , a job well done

fireangel
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
Oh I really like the Servo Skull Collector. Great model there man! It took me a second to see the complexity then when I really started to look I fell more and more in love with the attention to detail. Great piece!

Tez
Corporal
All great but the servo skull collector really stands out as a piece. Beautiful.

WarbossKurgan
Member Avatar
Thanks so much for the warm welcome guys! Really appreciated.

I have been partly re-painting some members of my Necromunda gang, the Sumptreaders, so they fit in with Lenk and his retinue.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Rockwell - Bounty Hunter Hired Gun

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Munzo - Ganger

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Fishgutter - Ganger

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cole - Heavy with Heavy Bolter

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Edited by WarbossKurgan, 18 Dec 2014, 10:26 AM.

Tez
Corporal
Beautiful

Johannus
Member Avatar
Oh wow, awesome gang. Love the moonface on Rockwell, and nice freehand skulls and crossbones, anchor tattoos and other motifs across them. Fishgutter's right arm (Beastman?) is great.

Overall they're perfect blend of old school RT and 40k grimdark.

Tomas
Member Avatar
Colour Sergeant
Really excellent stuff. Moonman is probably my favourite model of yours now! I like the freehand details on the gangers too.

KrautScientist
Member Avatar
Lieutenant
Ohhh, I love the latest bunch! They expand your collection's scope into a more grimdark, Blanchian territory, which is always good ;) The bounty hunter with the moon mask is very reminsicent of several of JB's pieces of artwork (and I've also been thinking about doing a similar conversion for a while, but you've mananged to beat me to the punch).

Anyway, great job so far!

☺PDH
Member Avatar
Lieutenant
Posted Image

Oh yes! Great idea and colour scheme

Logan
Member Avatar
Very nice guys! The moonboy concept is great and I love the colour scheme!

euansmith
Member Avatar
Major
Great figures. I'm especially impressed by the leather shoulder armour.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · INQ28 Painting & Modelling · Next Topic »