Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
New to the grim darkness of INQ 28; WIP New Robot update page 10
Topic Started: 3 Oct 2014, 03:01 AM (23,799 Views)
Wuulfman
Sergeant
Hi all,
Been lurking for a bit grabbing inspiration from some of the awesome work on here. I have a pretty large collection of spacewolves from many years collecting and thatís about it.

So decided to get into INQ 28 for a few reasons.

1. I want to learn to sculpt better and lets face it, sculpting beards and fur for Space wolves gets a bit old so figured Iíd get into an area of the hobby with serious diversity. So expect to see a fair bit of green/grey stuff.

2. I currently have a very clean painting style on my Space Wolves, would like to try and learn to paint damage, dirt and weathering, again, inq28 seemed like a good place to start.

3. I have a huge number of Sedition war bases which I want to use but they donít match my SW so figured this is a good place to use them cause the bases are great. I have also filed back a couple of the Sedition wars miniís as armatures giving some great poses. The very early WIP female INQ is an example.

Thanks for reading hopefully I can make a contribution to this awesome community.

Right, I cant seem to workout how to post an image not hosted on the net, Help? or is this a test and I already failed...... ;)

Grag
Member Avatar
Colour Sergeant
Welcome to the Ammobunker.
Where are you hosting your photos? If there on dakka dakka I may be able to help. :)
Edited by Grag, 3 Oct 2014, 03:19 AM.

Wuulfman
Sergeant
Thanks for the welcome, I am pretty new to using forums.

Not hosting anywhere, but I am a member at dakka, so I can upload them there. In the Gallery section I am guessing? Appreciate the help

Edited by Wuulfman, 3 Oct 2014, 03:46 AM.

Grag
Member Avatar
Colour Sergeant
Yep, you can upload as many photos as you want. Go to the picture once its loaded, and theres a side bar. Just copy the url that's below where it says Forum: then paste it into your reply here
Edited by Grag, 3 Oct 2014, 03:53 AM.

Wuulfman
Sergeant
Posted Image

Thanks mate!

WIP CRusader
Posted Image

WIP Medic

Posted Image

WIP Imperial Guard Veteren

Posted Image

WIP...... Undecided

Posted Image

WIP Female Inquisitor

Posted Image

Big dude in very early process of getting some serious armour

Please feel free to provide crits and advice.
Edited by Wuulfman, 3 Oct 2014, 04:36 AM.

☺PDH
Member Avatar
Lieutenant
The guard vet and undecided look really good.

One little tip is photo montages look better arranged vertically rather than horizontally on forums.

Welcome to the Bunker

Wuulfman
Sergeant
Thanks mate appreciate the feed back,

I think I ll dispense with the multiple angles in one, go for a good quality single shot.

THISTLE
Warrant Officer Second Class
Kev/ remi are great sculptress but sedition is stuff is much smaller than GW so would make adding GW bits somewhat more difficult .....

euansmith
Member Avatar
Major
Some pretty extensive green stuff work there. I like it.

weirdingway
Warrant Officer First Class
Welcome!

Very impressive sculpting. I particularly like the Vet and the Medic. The pushed up sleeves are a great touch.

Wuulfman
Sergeant
Thanks guys, I think it would be smart if I actually had a good think about what each character is and do a little planning, right now they are just kinda growing little by little, but the big guy and the female inquisitor definitely need some solid direction as I am stalling on them.

Jeff Vader
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
Nah... Planning, schmanning.

Just go with it and if you don't know what it is call it an acolyte!

Welcome to the boards! Great stuff - really like the vet and the medic. They look as if they're brothers.
Where are the arms on the veteran from?
Edited by Jeff Vader, 4 Oct 2014, 06:55 AM.

Neil101
Member Avatar
The vet is very nice, very creative work on all of these... welcome to the bunker !

Wuulfman
Sergeant
Jeff Vader
4 Oct 2014, 06:54 AM
Nah... Planning, schmanning.

Just go with it and if you don't know what it is call it an acolyte!

Welcome to the boards! Great stuff - really like the vet and the medic. They look as if they're brothers.
Where are the arms on the veteran from?
Thanks Jeff, the brothers thing might be a good narrative. The arms come from chaos marauders box

Thanks for the welcome Neil!
Edited by Wuulfman, 4 Oct 2014, 07:54 AM.

Wuulfman
Sergeant
Ok a little progress, Went with Jeff's advice just flowed with it! reworked the big guy a fair bit and added some work on a new guy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
And the Doc ready for Primer with his new servo skull medical assistant

Posted Image
Edited by Wuulfman, 7 Oct 2014, 03:05 AM.

Logan
Member Avatar
Welcome to the bunker, Wuulfman! Your stuff is very impressive! A great combination of bits and greenstuff skills. Like it! :D

KrautScientist
Member Avatar
Lieutenant
Welcome to the forum! You have a very neat, detailed style, and the sculpting is very nice! I have to say I just love the updated big guy: Those cable dreadlocks make him look rather "Angronesque". And while that may be my least favourite chaos helmet, it does work like a charm as a facemask here!

Very much looking forward to seeing your next update! :)

Wuulfman
Sergeant
Thanks guys. Really appreciate the feedback I feel I have been pretty hobby stale for a bit, this has me excited again.

Opinions on weapon for the big guys right hand? Current thought is a big brutal ork dagger. I want something, rough and unrefined. Other considerations are the axe in the first shot, or a big power maul. Thoughts?

I have started painting the medic, the veteran, the undecided and the crusader, will post some updates when they reach a decent stage. By the way Kraut love your work!

Legatho
Member Avatar
A lot of inspirating work in here! I'll stay tuned

Nordic
Member Avatar
really nice stuff, The medic looks great. Will be interesting to see it with paint on!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · INQ28 Painting & Modelling · Next Topic »