Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Legatho's Inq28 various works; Come back soon...
Topic Started: 28 Feb 2014, 12:49 PM (32,682 Views)
Legatho
Member Avatar
Warrant Officer First Class
Hello AB, after the heresy of the Pink Side, I had to repent... So I decide to take back my old medieval style warband.... And after some mods on the bits and on painting I came to this result :

REDEMPTIONISTS

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And a group shot:

Posted Image

I don't know how i'll do my bases for now... any suggestion?

Let me know what you think. C&cs are welcome and needed. Thank you for reading.

MonkeyBallistic
Member Avatar
Warrant Officer Second Class
I seriously love these. So full of character, especially the "halo" guy (I might steal that idea). As for the bases, I can't picture these chaps in green fields or forest. They look like they'd be more at home in the city or on a ship. Maybe a paved floor or some decking would suit them?

KrautScientist
Member Avatar
Lieutenant
These are really cool! The guy based on the chaos sorcerer and some termie legs is amazing! Your apparently camera isn't helping things, though: Some of the photos are rather blurry.

From what I can see, I would maybe add some highlights to the red to make it pop more. Mephiston Red, for instance, gives quite a bit of pop when added to heavily washed red areas.

As for the bases, I agree that these guys don't look like they would be taking a hike through the forests, so what about some underhive-inspired bases? Combine some plasticard with leftover bitz, gears and what have you and add modelling sand on top:

Spoiler: click to toggle

Personally, I'd go for a reddish brown, rusty look with drybrushed metal highlights.

Logan
Member Avatar
All Hail to the Redemptionists! :D

euansmith
Member Avatar
Major
Maybe toxic green goo for the bases to bring out the red.

A quick and effective method of creating an interesting texture is to use 10 Second No More Nails (10SNMN) or a similar glue product. If you cut the figure off the bases and then apply a blob of 10SNMN in the middle of the base. Then use the tip of the 10SNMN to kind of stab at the glue (an up and down action perpendicular to the base), spreading the glue out to the edges of the base and leaving it with a rippled effect.

Before the glue sets, you can push cogs, pebbles, bits of wire, etc in to it. You can even stick the figures feet in to the glue, attaching it to the base and making the surface look really soggy.

Alternatively, you can glue some thin bits of plastic card to the soles of figure's feet and then sink these into the glue, making the surface look more resilient.

You can kind of see the effect on this photo

phiq
Member Avatar
Corporal
These are great. Whatever colour you choose for the bases, just make sure they're tonally lighter than the feet of the characters themselves. That factor handled well will ensure you achieve the pop you want.

Jeff Vader
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
Very nice!

You should drill out the barrels though...

Legatho
Member Avatar
Thank you all for the feedback...

@ Monkey: thank you, yep for sure they r not looking for mushrooms or watching birds!

@ Kraut: Cheers, I'll try to make some highligts, and thank you for the base ideas, i'll make some as soon as I could take a hand on plastic card

@ Logan: On your knees and make penitence..... ;)

@ Euan: thanks, I'll probably mix your idea with the kraut one's.

@ phiq: Yep, I got it, thx!

@ Jeff: Cheers mate... Drilling won't be easy without drill Tools.... :P , I have to buy one of this....

So after looking at your replies and taking care of these, I made this :

Posted Image

Posted Image

So I have to add some bits on the cork and I think it will be done.... Some other pics will follow today.

Thank you for reading, C&cs are as always welcome.

☺PDH
Member Avatar
Lieutenant
Legatho these are some cool villains.

My only criticism is you really need to drill out the barrels on the Heavy Flamer. Drilled barrels always look better. Plus you could add some stippled on black to the end of the flamer barrel to make it looked used.

The cork base looks pretty good

lord commander scrymgeour
Corporal
Excellent! Love it so far, more!

Legatho
Member Avatar
PDH and Scrymgeour Thank you guys!

Here's some non redemptionists new things :

Ig Veteran
Posted Image
"Yes, I'm just a human.... but I got a Bolter! Beuuuuuarrrrg"

Inquisitor wip

Posted Image
He'll have a HUDGE hammer

Regular miliciens

Posted Image

Heavy metal or Goth fan

Posted Image
"I'm absolutely useless, but i'm funny"

Here it is for now, let me know what you think! Thank you for reading

Legatho
Member Avatar
Hi there, I've done more work on the inquisitor who'll be leading the redemptionists:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
(Yep, finaly not a hammer but a prometheum powered sword... burn, burn, BBBBBBBBBBBUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNN)

Let me know what you guys think! Thank you for reading

Jeff Vader
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
That marine/inquisitor is gonna have trouble walking with that big shield placed between his legs... On the other hands his naughty bits will be pretty safe.

The militia guys looks great!

Tulkas
Member Avatar
Colour Sergeant
Nice convertions! Where is that Inquisitor's head from? I like it, looks regal and stern.

Legatho
Member Avatar
Quote:

Jeff Vader
Yesterday, 5:14 PM
That marine/inquisitor is gonna have trouble walking with that big shield placed between his legs... On the other hands his naughty bits will be pretty safe.

The militia guys looks great!

Thank you for this Jeff... I haven't put attention on this.... Sure he'll have some big troubles.... I'll replace it.... ;)...

Quote:

Tulkas
Yesterday, 5:44 PM
Nice convertions! Where is that Inquisitor's head from? I like it, looks regal and stern.

Cheers Tulkas, and thank you! The head is from the sternguard squad... here's a link : http://www.bitsandkits.co.uk/space-marine-sternguard-head-d-p-10314.html

Legatho
Member Avatar
I made this guy for my sm army, but I think he could feet with the inquisitor followers:

Posted Image
(Fluff can be read on my blog)

Thank you for reading, c&cs are welcome
Edited by Legatho, 11 Mar 2014, 01:06 PM.

Tulkas
Member Avatar
Colour Sergeant
Nice paintjob on this Marine.

Legatho
Member Avatar
Quote:

Tulkas
14 Mar 2014, 12:01 PM
Nice paintjob on this Marine.

Thank you !

Two old guys are back today with some mods / paintjob :

Posted Image

And two new ones (still in wip... waiting for gs to finish them)

Posted Image

Those last ones are hardly inspired by the Predators movie. Let me know what you think !

Thank you for reading
Edited by Legatho, 22 Mar 2014, 10:50 AM.

Tulkas
Member Avatar
Colour Sergeant
That hunter look sick! Good job!

Legatho
Member Avatar
Thank you Tulkas...

Today is a bad day... i'm sooo sad and angry... mostly angry

Posted Image

I usualy love trees, but this one get the bad idea to fall down right on my office/workbench... it sucks! I spent my whole morning to empty my cabin and look at what could be saved .... Tree on the roof plus heavy rainnig time (hail) reduced nearly 20 years of hobby to naught.

Posted Image

An overview of the soil .... everything was ravaging

Posted Image

And the rest, I lost everything my books of lovecraft, my white dwarfs, jack daniel's collection... but not my army of space marines who fortunately was in the house.

The only good thing with it is that the tree don't fall on my house, my wife and my kids are all right.
I now have to make an other office in my house, rebuy minis and start again to paint.

Thank you for reading.
Edited by Legatho, 23 Mar 2014, 01:29 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · INQ28 Painting & Modelling · Next Topic »