Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Inqu][sitor
Topic Started: 10 Jun 2013, 07:04 AM (114,261 Views)
Lamby
Member Avatar
Warrant Officer First Class
So it begins - Welcome to the dark world of Inqu][sitor...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

WIP Inquisitor - as yet un-named, possibly Ordo Hereticus - comments?

☺PDH
Member Avatar
Lieutenant
Welcome. You are off to a pretty good start.

I think he looks much more Malleus than Hereticus. Really great head. The axe is nice and clean.

I think the chest needs something to break up the area, eagle for example. Also the khorne symbols on the skulls need filling.

The inferno pistol is a nasty weapon.

Keravin
Member Avatar
Go post in someone's topic that you normally wouldn't
He might work as a more gruff fire and cleanse hereticus. Puts me in mind of a more medieval approach.

Lamby
Member Avatar
Quote:

PDH
Welcome. You are off to a pretty good start.

I think he looks much more Malleus than Hereticus. Really great head. The axe is nice and clean.

I think the chest needs something to break up the area, eagle for example. Also the khorne symbols on the skulls need filling.

The inferno pistol is a nasty weapon.

PDH - Thanks for the comments and suggestions - your own Inquisitor models have been an endless wonder of inspiration for me.

I am still absorbing Inquisitor lore from the rulebooks and such, so not sure which Ordo to steer towards.

The head is a Wolf Guard Terminator head, with the hair-do shaved off.

I'm slightly regretting cutting away the belt-harness that used to be on the chest - I have some etched brass eagles I'll try out.

Haha - was excited to get a WIP post up and missed those Khorne symbols.

The inferno pistol will have a cable feed to the small power-unit on his back.

Quote:

Keravin
He might work as a more gruff fire and cleanse hereticus. Puts me in mind of a more medieval approach.

Keravin - Thanks as well - I was thinking he was kind of a 'hit Heretic with axe, burn Heretic with fire' type of Inquisitor - I still need to work more on the fluff.

☺PDH
Member Avatar
Lieutenant
Cool. Looking forward to seeing him painted. The head really is an achievement in my eyes.

euansmith
Member Avatar
Major
Great chunky-monkey inquisitor. Maybe the Khone Icon was carved in to the skull by the original owners friends when he was still alive and your Inquisitor simply cleaned away the blistered flesh after sending him over to the other side.

Alexander
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
good start! I actually like the clunky chest :)

Absalom
Corporal
Great start! I agree on the puritanical / medieval sort of vibe.

☺Easy E
Member Avatar
Captain
Puritanical Malleus all the way!

Lamby
Member Avatar
PDH
11 Jun 2013, 06:32 AM
PDH
Cool. Looking forward to seeing him painted. The head really is an achievement in my eyes.

PDH - Thanks - Coming from a converter of your calibre that is praise indeed.

Quote:

euansmith
Great chunky-monkey inquisitor. Maybe the Khone Icon was carved in to the skull by the original owners friends when he was still alive and your Inquisitor simply cleaned away the blistered flesh after sending him over to the other side.

euansmith - Nice fluff - a head-hunting Inquisitor, literally!
- The chest - in fact the whole mini - looks chunkier in the pics than reality I think due to the angle I took the pics - he really looks quite tubby!

Quote:

Alexander
good start! I actually like the clunky chest

Alexander - Thanks!

Quote:

Absalom
Great start! I agree on the puritanical / medieval sort of vibe.

Absalom - Thanks! I'm getting a lot of that vibe coming back from this (and other forums)

Quote:

Easy E
Puritanical Malleus all the way!

Easy E - Thanks - Malleus is winning over Hereticus (see above comment)

Lamby
Member Avatar
Rough rebuild of the chest strap (from original model) added some pouches, strap still needs some detailing - what's the verdict?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

☺PDH
Member Avatar
Lieutenant
He looks bloody menacing...as well as looking calm and intelligent

Alexander
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
Very militant. Not bad, not bad at all.

KrautScientist
Member Avatar
Lieutenant
Great work so far! The choice of head is great! He really looks like he means business ;)

Having used a Finecast version of the same model for a conversion, I cannot imagine how difficult working with the metal version must have been ;)

Looking forward to seeing some paint on him!

Bruticus
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
He looks great, stocky and powerful, a bull of a man. Looks like he ought to have a rank like bombardier.

euansmith
Member Avatar
Major
He is one big bad [arse].

Lamby
Member Avatar
Quote:

PDH
He looks bloody menacing...as well as looking calm and intelligent

PDH - Thanks! - an older tough but experienced Inquisitor was what I was aiming at

Quote:

Alexander
Very militant. Not bad, not bad at all.

Alexander - Thanks! - Ordo Malleus Daemonhunter, ready to kick daemon butt!

Quote:

KrautScientist
Great work so far! The choice of head is great! He really looks like he means business

Having used a Finecast version of the same model for a conversion, I cannot imagine how difficult working with the metal version must have been

Looking forward to seeing some paint on him!

KrautScientist - Thanks! - the conversion of this metal nightmare began over a year ago, where he was initially going to be CSM for my Legion of Thorns (see links in my signature) however he wasn't quite the right fit... fast forward a year and I was looking at him thinking he might make a decent Inquisitor, so started reworking him. Then I saw both yours and Molotov's conversions, and now I hope mine isn't too derivative of either. As too the difficulty - there are at least three broken off blade tips in him somewhere, a lot of milliput and GS, and one of the armpits has a broken drill bit embedded there forever!

Quote:

Bruticus
He looks great, stocky and powerful, a bull of a man. Looks like he ought to have a rank like bombardier.

Bruticus - Thanks! - some of these older designs are a little off in scale, wider than they should be - I might even 'borrow' your words for his fluff!

Quote:

euansmith
He is one big bad [arse].

euansmith - Thanks! - and that he is!

Added a purity seal to one shoulder pad to add some asymmetrically...
Added a small ringlet to the haft of the axe...
Added a cable to the inferno pistol...
Posted Image

That's it, I think he's done - ready for paint!
Edited by Lamby, 19 Jun 2013, 05:48 AM.

# Commissar Molotov
Member Avatar
Lord Inquisitor
He certainly seems like a formidable sort of fellow! Hardened by his experiences - just as an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor should be!

Keravin
Member Avatar
Go post in someone's topic that you normally wouldn't
Yeah I really like how the work you;ve done on him gives him a different body feel to the previous versions.

Lamby
Member Avatar
Quote:

Commissar Molotov
He certainly seems like a formidable sort of fellow! Hardened by his experiences - just as an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor should be!

Molotov - Thanks - I'm hoping he does't come out too derivative of your Inquisitor Harrow.
Quote:

Keravin
Yeah I really like how the work you;ve done on him gives him a different body feel to the previous versions.

Keravin - Thanks!

Meanwhile, WIP - Kroot Mercenary:

Would a Puritan Ordo Malleus Inquisitor employ a xenos?

And - weapon up, taking a shot?
Posted Image

Or - weapon down?
Posted Image

Going to add a hatchet somewhere, possibly on the back-strap or the right hip (opposite the knife) ... or a holstered pistol maybe?
Posted Image

2 users reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Members: Akrim
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · INQ28 Painting & Modelling · Next Topic »