Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Inspiration; images of cool stuff that may, or may not serve as a jumping off point for inq28 characters
Topic Started: 2 May 2013, 03:48 PM (101,773 Views)
Jeff Vader
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
A friend of mine sent me a link to this fantastic image gallery: you look like you came out of a comic book

There´s some trule awesome photos here (even though the pictures of the hyena toting nigerian circus artists have been around the internets a few times by now...) and many of them would serve as the basis for inquisitor models. Here´s a few examples:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That gave me the idea to start a threads where we could collect photos and artwork that might be of use as inspiration for future modeling projects.

Oh - and if this is the wrong place for this, (or if there´s already a similar one somewhere) please move or delete this thread...

cheers
/j
Edited by Jeff Vader, 2 May 2013, 03:48 PM.

Gerner
Member Avatar
Warrant Officer First Class
Some of the pictures I had already seen other places, but there were several new that I fancied.

When I lack inspiration I often go unto CGHUB and look around. Often there is tons of good stuff.
Adeptus Imago Tumbler have some nice moody pictures as well.
Also the Gothic Punk Tumbler is amazing.

Thanks for sharing.

Logan
Member Avatar
Wow! There are some very nice links! Thx for this thread! :D

Tumblr is a very nice source for inspiration. For terrain I can recommend the Architecture of Doom.

And another good source in general is Deviantart.

More later.

EDIT:
Some principle basic stuff:
Steampunk Pics @ Google
Dieselpunk Pics @ Google
Post-Apocalyptic LARP Pics @ Google
Degenesis LARP
DeGenesis RPG (DeGenesis is a german post-apocalypse RPG. And the german rules can be downloaded for free! There is a english version, too, but I didn't found it. I'm sorry...)
Frank T. Zumbachs Mysterious World Wordpress blog with a collection of strange, weird and bizarre art. Really impressive with tons and tons of pics!
Kunstkrake Homepage of the german artist Michael Hutter.
Simon Bisley Known artist of the Heavy Metal magazine.
And the two Heavy Metal Movies are a good idea resource, too.
Edited by Logan, 3 May 2013, 08:51 AM.

phiq
Member Avatar
Corporal
Gerner - ;)

Feel free to swipe anything from Adeptus Imago. Better still, suggest or submit pics or links and I'll post them up.

☺PDH
Member Avatar
Lieutenant
Damn I wish I could get away this outfit.....lucky sod

Posted Image

I'm quite anti smoking but strangely like this image

Posted Image

Thank you Mr Vader for the linky

Janushedemann
Colour Sergeant
Darn PDH, that guy is really one trendy mofo :)

I doubt I'd do well in the outfit aswell, one could only hope :)

Cheers

Janushedemann

Gerner
Member Avatar
Posted Image
If you dare go there, 4chan can be an amazing place to find inspiration - but leave your sanity and political correctness outside. :)

Logan
Member Avatar
Dark Roasted Blend - A blog about retro and weird SF and technology with some interesting pics.

For example:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Jeff Vader
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
Wow! That landtrain is just flipping amazing!!

i just have to throw in this one: Good Show Sir

Perhaps not a great source for inspiration as such, but as were all sci-fi/fantasy art buffs I think most of you will appreciate it... Personally I think the existence of this site alone justifies the invention of the internet.

Here's a few of my favourites:

I sing the body electric

West of january

Masque of a savage mandarin
Edited by Jeff Vader, 6 May 2013, 06:25 PM.

Bruticus
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
The Harmonia Macrocosmica already sounds like a book from 40k. I own an enormous hardback version (used as background for my sun cultist photos) but you can see some of the plates here: http://www.staff.science.uu.nl/~gent0113/cellarius/cellarius_plates.htm. Extremely beautiful book.

I've also just stumbled upon photos of Asamkirche in Munich. This is where the decadent nobility succumb to the lures of Slaanesh:

Posted Image

Luciferous Logolepsy is where bizarre words go to hide: http://www.kokogiak.com/logolepsy/

Manufactured Landscapes has some good images of some of Terra's forgotten manufacturums: http://pcgladiator.blogspot.co.uk/2008/12/crowds.html

Posted Image

Silent UK is a group of people that explore abandoned buildings/tunnels/railroads etc: http://www.silentuk.com/?cat=20

Posted Image

Logan
Member Avatar
Outland Arts Producer of the Mutant Future RPG. They have tons of picture of the books on their site. Lots of mutations, cyborgs and more apocalyptic stuff. Perfect for scavies or others.

Legatho
Member Avatar
A scrib...
Posted Image

Jeff Vader
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
Good one Legatho.

I realise I've forgotten to post a link to Keith Thompson, a fantastic illustrator whose images are disturbing in all the right ways.

Keith Thompson Art.com

Posted Image

Corpuscle
Member Avatar
Corporal
Not really concept art, but this blog has really good photos (often from urban explorers) that could be inspiration for scenery/bases...
http://www.artificialowl.net/search?updated-max=2008-10-30T07%3A00%3A00-07%3A00&max-results=5

Drone 21c
Member Avatar
Sergeant
That Keith Thompson stuff is great.

How about this? (NSFW): http://ashleybambaland.blogspot.com.au/

Very grim-dark and so, so beautifully painted.

SlavetoDarkness
Member Avatar
Sergeant
https://www.facebook.com/grotesqMB

Jeff Vader
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
SlavetoDarkness
19 Jan 2014, 01:28 PM
Wow!! Thank you so much for that link!! Great resource!

Logan
Member Avatar
Keith Thompsons Stuff is ACE! Love it! :D

Some more Google picture foundings - a little bit gory/NSFW:
Mark Powell Sculptures - a litte bit gory!
Mark Powell is a artist and sculptor. Very gross and gory, but a great inspiration for demonic stuff. For example:

Posted Image

The Chapman Brothers - NSFW!
The Chapman Brothers are English visual artists with a very dark and provocative mind. More infos here! Could be interessting.

The Art of Kuksi

The World of the Bloodgod - NSFW! Background and rules of "Carnage - The game of Killing" from Thomas Gurrath (and Graham Mc Neill) the creator and mastermind of the german Death Metal Band "Debauchery". They have some own miniaturesfor their game, too. Could be interesting for some Khorne cultists.

SlavetoDarkness
Member Avatar
Sergeant
Jeff Vader
19 Jan 2014, 10:30 PM
SlavetoDarkness
19 Jan 2014, 01:28 PM
Wow!! Thank you so much for that link!! Great resource!
no probs, thought someone might like some of the stuff on there

Malika
Member Avatar
Here some stuff from my Tumblr:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And of course there's no such thing as too much Moebius!
Posted Image
And of course this little project shouldn't be forgotten. I think it was one of the first, if not the first, large scale fan project to really delve in the 40k background, before all the RPG material came out.

Sadly enough the project has kinda died and a lot of the material has been spread on various harddrives of (former) members. We had a ton of artwork, a lot of background articles on the different worlds, factions, etc. Hopefully the project will come back to life...
Edited by Malika, 11 Feb 2014, 10:22 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · INQ28 Painting & Modelling · Next Topic »