Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Oh look, something shiny...back to Blood Pact; Whatever's captured my imagination this week
Topic Started: 24 Oct 2011, 08:22 PM (25,280 Views)
SirTainly
Member Avatar
Warrant Officer Second Class
First few Veterans done (not a squad, just the first off the table)

Posted Image

Bases to be completed later with the rest of the army

# Marovian
Member Avatar
Ginger Law Enforcer
Veterans are looking very good, nice red to their robes/fatigues.

Like the vehicles as well. I think the hellhound is my personal favourite out of all of them, the barrels in the back really work well.

SirTainly
Member Avatar
Thanks - completed photos of the Hellhound will be up later tonight...in the meantime:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

SirTainly
Member Avatar
and there's more (Manticore still needs weathering powder work)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

# Marovian
Member Avatar
Ginger Law Enforcer
Very vibrant red that, and they do have a real rebel feel to them.

SirTainly
Member Avatar
Thanks - it's less bright than it appears, that red seems to glow under my spotlight for some reason, and my room is too dark to shoot without.

# Digits
Member Avatar
Shadowkin
I really like them. I think big chaos symbols, kind of like those El D put on his valks, would really set them off.....

Rowly
Member Avatar
Corporal
Those are some great looking Blood Pact vehicles!

Matyilinko
Member Avatar
Captain
Thats f+/%! great! You should be proud!

SirTainly
Member Avatar
Thanks everyone :)

I wanted to add the BP symbol as done by Dave Taylor, but I don't think I can do it justice - so haven't risked it tbh.

The Valkyrie and Sentinel squad are now done, just some inf to finish tonight so I can ship put tomorrow for the OFCC! :)
Edited by SirTainly, 2 Aug 2012, 04:12 PM.

SirTainly
Member Avatar
More pictures - OFCC has been and gone, but I'm still working on the bases which were just given a quick coat of sand before. The Valkyrie is missing the weapons as these fell off during the tournament.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

If you want to see any of these as higher res photos, my photo album is here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/simonhpw/FortWargame?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCJTijf_Y8qGmRQ&feat=directlink

fireangel
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
Very cool project, these guys look great! Can we get an entire army shot when you get a chance?

SirTainly
Member Avatar
Thanks I'll see what I can do about an army shot after I've finished the units I need for Astro this coming weekend! :)

Here's some more scenery stuff that I've been doing for the Astro guys,

Most of my built imperial city stuff:

Posted Image

Turret from Daemonscape

Posted Image

Ork's BS sucks!

Posted Image

I got tired!

Posted Image

Tiny Ork House WIP (it's done now though)

Posted Image

The biggest Ork house! (it's had teef added arounf the tops of the walls since this was taken)

Posted Image

Thoth
Member Avatar
Fantastic work you've done here.

And Astro this weekend? As in, the Astronomi-con tournament? That's an awesome event, if you haven't already been to one. Let me know how you do.

SirTainly
Member Avatar
Thanks, yes Astronomi-con. I was at last year's event in Vancouver, so I know what sort of craziness to expect in the scenarios. I got screwed by those, as I was playing DE and had 2 of my games against other DE in limited visibility battles - it's hard to snipe things with Lances and scoot when you are all in spitting distance! :)
Edited by SirTainly, 15 Aug 2012, 12:01 AM.

# the_great_gonzo
Member Avatar
Wg Cdr
some really interesting stuff, I think the half tracks are a great find/conversion. They seem spot on scale wise and they've come out tops. I wasn't too convinced when everything was army painter red but the finished product looks great!

Thoth
Member Avatar
I think that's what makes astro so much fun. You really never know what to expect until your game is called. I'm interested in this one because it's the first with 6th edition. I know Mike and Xian and the guys have been working really hard to adapt the scenarios for the new edition. (I'm from Winnipeg, so I know them outside of their tourney organiser roles.)

A blood pact army should go over well there. Take pics!

SirTainly
Member Avatar
Fireangel: Heres the army shot at 1500 pts:

Posted Image

For everyone else, here's some infantry shots

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Here's some shots of the pieces that helped me win best terrain at Astro:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Thoth, Xian didn't know you by you internet handle, you might want to introduce yourself to him! :) Anyway as reguested here are some shots from my Day 1 at Astro including some charging Chocabos (sp?) my friend Darwin's crazy Rough Rider conversions!

https://picasaweb.google.com/100800845412054861871/Astro2012?authkey=Gv1sRgCMmw_MDDx6CkuwE

Oh and here are some things from the workbench for my next project - our megagame in December which will see the start of my Fluff is Fun enterprise, putting on the best narrative wargaming events in the PNW!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Edited by SirTainly, 24 Aug 2012, 06:26 AM.

deffberf
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
Blood pact have come a long way they look great, the halftrack conversions are superb

sahazel
Member Avatar
Corporal
These are very very nice. love the half tracks.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Science Fiction Project Logs · Next Topic »