Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
PDH's =I= 28
Topic Started: 1 Aug 2011, 05:30 PM (156,037 Views)
Ynneadwraith
Member Avatar
Warrant Officer First Class
Yeah the Darkoath Chieftain is a little 'Conan', although they have held back on the boob-plate aspect which shows admirable restraint ;)

☺PDH
Member Avatar
Lieutenant
Wardsylvania - cheers.

Undead - that is true I do like her lack of boobplate. But you're right too Conan.

Vairocanum
Member Avatar
Warrant Officer Second Class
That inquisitor looks so good! Your choices of bits is impeccable as usual, everything fits so well together!

☺PDH
Member Avatar
Lieutenant
I'm heading to Nottingham this weekend to meet up with some like minded people for some Imunda gaming, using new necro rules, and playing on the Lesotho 212 board Jonathan has shipped across from LA. Fingers crossed I'll also get to play a game vs Bruticus/Jake my scavvies vs his pit slaves too. :D

Anyway since Migs has recently painted a black armoured Inquisitor (and I can think of three I've already done) I decided to go with white armour. This also make a nice change as I am getting back to my Dealth Watch project after this. I was shatting myself while painting the snow leopard pelt cloak, last thing I did because the back of the model looked so boring when I finished her, turned out pretty good if I say so myself. It feel right painting her in snow leopard since I pinched her out of JB's bits box.

Inquisitorix Hestora Agarl, Ordo Malleus, Ordos Dalthus

Inquisitorix Hestora Agarl is a battle-hardened Inquisitor of the Dalthan Malleus. She studied under the tutelage of the previous head of the Ordo, the forsaken Lord Inquisitor Rupreth. She had set her own mandate in leading forces of Astra Militarum and directing the Imperial Navy in purges within the heretic controlled planetary systems surrounding Thasanti, a staunch supporter of launching a Crusade to take back, what is by holy writ, Imperial domain. An expert warrior and bitter leader, her outward appearance, adorned in glorious white power armour, inspires her charges. While underneath her beatific exterior is a ruthless leader who will send a billion men to their deaths to stop but a single daemonic entity.

Recently she departed the Thasanti campaign, leaving it in the hands of her juniors. Now she travels alone to Lesotho 212; for her spies had heard rumour The Butcher of Balemire had returned and is now casting his gaze upon Lesotho 212. Alas the rumours were but hearsay or lie, the untruth is but another Nurglite infection effecting the near dead. Now that she is present she will uphold her Emperor sworn duty and destroy the contagion.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lysimachus
Member Avatar
Holy crap! Was looking at the pics thinking 'yep, nice, like the ice blue on the sword...' then got to the final pic... that snow leopard pelt is just awesome, beautiful detail work!!!

Taarnak
Member Avatar
Warrant Officer Second Class
She is pretty amazing. Both conversion and paint. Love the pelt especially. I don't have that model yet; isn't she quite large compared to other human figures? Just curious.

fireangel
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
Wow, this one is absolutely amazing PDH, you still are one of the most evocative modelers in our hobby and your work always inspires me.

I sit at my work bench slowly tinkering and always I think of how masterfully you put together characters.

It's so natural to you the way you can take a model and convert it into such a beautifully original work!

BangDoll
Member Avatar
That's just brillant ! Stunning Inquisitor !!

Johannus
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
Amazing! A big shiny departure from your recent models, she is stunning. Lots of clever little tweaks to the base model, and the paintjob - especially the cloak - is eye-catching. Working on a retinue for her?

Ynneadwraith
Member Avatar
Now that cape is a complete and utter thing of beauty! Stunning way to spice up the back of the model :)

I was just thinking the other day that the inclusion of a bit of freehand really elevates a model. It's part of the reason I've taken to making sure there's a little tattoo or something on each one I do. Nothing quite to the standard of that cloak though!

Any chance of a little how-to? Not sure I've seen a leopard-print quite so convincing...

euansmith
Member Avatar
Major
The is a really dynamic bit of work; and the leopard pelt is properly grim dark.

☺PDH
Member Avatar
Lieutenant
Lysimachus - Cheers. Yep that is how I felt and so had to finish it off properly with the snow leopard. She was really boring from the rear until I manned up and did the cloak.

Taarnak - She is very tall, next to a human sized model. One reason she has a retinue of servo skulls (the other reason is I didn't have time to convert or paint a proper retinue for her).

Fire Angel - Thank you.

BangDoll -Cheers

Johannus - She is very much the other end of the spectrum compared to my normally dark minis (and the last lot of chaos worshippers). Her retinue is her flock of Servo Skulls. I seriously doubt she will get any additional retinue members but never say never.

Ynead - I agree free hand makes a model pop that little bit more. As for how I painted the cloak

For the basic cloak I pretty much followed this tutorial on a Tale of Painters but I used Karak Stone, Charadon Granite and Ghost Grey. For the spots I studied a snow leopard pelt I googled. The black spots and whirls are first done with a thin grey mixed from Abaddon Black and Mechanicus Grey. Then a second smaller whirl done on the outer edges of the previous onmade of Black and Rhinox Hide. Then a light dry brush of Ghost Grey with a little Ushabti bone. If the highlight was too much a few were then spotted with Nuln Oil too.

Euan - Thanks. I love the Epic 40k box cover so much, that blood angels cloak is just iconic.

Posted Image

Bodt Thrower
Member Avatar
Colour Sergeant
bombastic cloak and mini !

Ynneadwraith
Member Avatar
Thanks for the how-to man :)

☺PDH
Member Avatar
Lieutenant
No worries.

bobzebub
Member Avatar
Colour Sergeant
She's an absolute beauty, that cloak really finishes her :)

Lamby
Member Avatar
She is stunning - that pelt is amazing!
Fantastic as always PDH!

Leadbelly
Member Avatar
Colour Sergeant
Really great work on this one. She is a beauty. No quarter, no compromise. White puritan zeal. Another classic born.

Just out of curiosity do you know off hand how many completed models you have in your collection now?

☺PDH
Member Avatar
Lieutenant
Thanks guys.

Leadbelly - that's a good question, no idea. Let's see 2 Ordo hereticus inq + retinues, ordo scriptorum inq + retinue, 2 ordo malleus inq's + retinues, ordo malleus retinue no inq yet. Chaos Word Bearers henchman, tzeentch cultists and slaaneshii warband. Scavvies/mutant gang...at a guess about 50?

Leadbelly
Member Avatar
Colour Sergeant
Very impressive number! Here's to another 50! ;)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · INQ28 Painting & Modelling · Next Topic »