Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
PDH's =I= 28
Topic Started: 1 Aug 2011, 05:30 PM (156,036 Views)
AWOL
Member Avatar
Lieutenant
Amazing work here, the more I see of Inq28 the more I want to get into it. Welcome to the bunker, by the way. :)

fireangel
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
Where has this thread been all my life? Your work is absolutely amazing! I wish I had conversion skills like these!

# Marovian
Member Avatar
Ginger Law Enforcer
Some stunning work on these guys, the praetorian servitor is my personal favourite.

☺Deserter
Member Avatar
Throne Agent
Welcome to the bunker - I've been a lurker over on Dakka for many a year, I've loved your stuff for a while! I'm sure folks might like to see your scavs too! Love the Magos!

# Commissar Molotov
Member Avatar
Lord Inquisitor
Indeed, Peter, I think you should do a detailed thread for your Scavvies, I think people would really like them. (And this sub-forum needs more Necromunda!)

If you're happy with the chaos-esque symbology, then fair play to you. I didn't realise that Ba'lance was quite that heretical - I thought he was simply radical. It strikes me you could've removed the "diagonal" spikes to leave it four-pointed, but that's personal opinion - it just seems to stand out at the moment. I'm keen to see where you go with your chrono-gladiator, and I think you could get a lot of mileage out of the alien bounty hunter. Also, the noble Interrogator is a model I'm very keen to see to fruition - if it's the Vampire I think it is, she's got a lot of potential!

☺PDH
Member Avatar
Lieutenant
I got him undercoated today. Not doing any painting today since it finally got sunny in rainy Lancashire.
(and tonight I'm watching Kindergaten Cop. Then drinking port and playing Necromunda :) )

Keravin - Cheers. The Tzeentch Sorcerer will be getting an extra arm, a couple of not oxygen canisters and pipes leading to his face. I'll probably do this model next after I've finished painting stuff.

☺Maelstrom - Thanks. I'm really looking forward to painting him up.

Matyilinko - Thanks.

AWOL - Inq 28 is so cheap (relatively for GW) that you should give it a go. I like it mainly as it gives me scope to go all over the place. I'm also tempted to get into Witch Hunter (the fantasy fan made equivalent).

fireangel - Where have I been all your life.... Um I guess that depends on how old you are. (But probably London or Lancashire with a few other places thrown in). Well practice makes perfect, my models didn't always look good.

Marovian - The Praetorian was one of those happy accidents. I've been hanging onto the Space Hulk dread for years and finally found a use for it. I might bring use it at the Inqviational and see Mol turn pale. ;)

Deserter - Thanks. I'll put my scavvies up here too. I'll do that once I've painted up the next one.

Mol - Ba'lance is very much heretical. You know my plan is to have him eventually outed and excommunicated. As for the belt buckle to me it looks like stared eye, not that chaotic. The gladiator will be based on the havoc sergeant torso, dark angel robed legs, an ork chain saw for his right forearm and a man catcher (clawed grot prod) for his left forearm.

The noble/interrogator will be based off this model with a new head and arms (prob dark eldar)
Vampire Lord

Peter

Tychonaut
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
Funny Coincidence, that very same Vampire is on my workbench to be made into a Rogue Trader.
thats twice now we've had simmilar ideas. ;)

# Commissar Molotov
Member Avatar
Lord Inquisitor
Ah, I actually thought you meant this'un.

☺PDH
Member Avatar
Lieutenant
Tychonaut - LOL - great minds and all that :) It will be interesting to see just how different they are at the end of it.

Mol - Tempting. My friend Martin has converted her. Very simply changed the sword for a FW las pistol. I think she needs to be painted black.

Lucius von Kalteisen
Member Avatar
Warrant Officer First Class
Beautiful conversions and painting. As I missed the Scavvie pics... when do we get to see them?

☺PDH
Member Avatar
Lieutenant
Posted Image

PIP 1. I always like to do my bases first, so I don't rush them when the model is complete. I think I need a little more contrast between the cobbles. I'm very happy with the rust, thanks to Baiyuan over on dakka. While on the subject of bases I think they are possibly one of the most important parts of a miniature but are often over looked. For Inq I think they are even more important since they can really tie the warband/retinue together (without giving the models a uniform).

Matyilinko
Member Avatar
Captain
Agree with you. Rust turned out relly well, as the rest of the base. It'S not overbuilded, just as a solid base should like liek with a fantastic minis like you have.

fireangel
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
I agree that the rust is really good but that you need some higher contrast in the cobble stones.

☺PDH
Member Avatar
Lieutenant
Cheers guys. I've added a little more light dirt to the errrr dirt. I'll be adding a little soot to the cobbles and around the vent on the rusty metal thing.

☺PDH
Member Avatar
Lieutenant
Posted Image

I'm happy with the base now. The cobbles are better. Decided to lighten the tops of the cobbles and only add limited soot (not that you can really see it in the picture). Darkened the recesses between the cobbles too. Left the vent thing along.

riseofthemagi
Member Avatar
Lieutenant
Missed this, it's awesome though, is it based on a standard GW base? It hadn't even occurred to me to do anything special with my warband's bases, I'll have to rectify that now.... Is it your navigator who's going on that one?

☺PDH
Member Avatar
Lieutenant
riseofthemagi - It is based off a standard GW 25mm slottabase. The painted one is for my Navigator.

Here are a couple of test runs for the bases:

Attempt 1
Posted Image

Attmpt 2 (which is similar to the Navigator's base)
Posted Image

I realised I've not showed off the WIP shots of Inquisitor Christopherson Ba'lance (based off Warhammer Khorne Lord)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Still loads to do since his legs are a total mess at the moment and he has no arms. I'll continue with him after I've done some painting.

Peter

☺Maelstrom
Member Avatar
Sek Incarnate
Really like how you are doing the bases dude, is that textured plastic card your using for the cobble stones or push molded stuff?

Very interesting choice for a base model for the inquisitor, I like how you use a lot of fantasy models in your conversions been looking through that range my self recently and alreayd have plans for the plastic Dark elf sorceress.

Will he be a radical or are the skulls with the khornate rune on there to represent heretics he has killed?

looking forward to seeing more of him :)

Mr.Hobbit
Sergeant
These are works of art, Inquisitor is new to me but this looks most interesting. Good fluff too.

fireangel
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
I love seeing your progress, and you are convincing me that I need to start converting again...

4 users reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · INQ28 Painting & Modelling · Next Topic »