Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Welcome to the SpeakEasy (E); Latest 6/18/2018- Supers!
Topic Started: 2 Jun 2009, 04:01 PM (20,462 Views)
☺Easy E
Member Avatar
Captain
Greetings,

I typically make logs for individual projects and follow the entire project in the log until it is abandoned (or sometimes finished).

For example:
Aquanautica Imperialis- http://s3.zetaboards.com/The_Ammobunker/topic/7042966/1/
Orks on Ammoriss- http://s3.zetaboards.com/The_Ammobunker/topic/7044391/1/
Ammoriss Air PDF- http://s3.zetaboards.com/The_Ammobunker/topic/7026354/1/

Just creating a log of random stuff and dumping photos into it is a very different approach for me. Let's see how it goes shall we.

Let's take a look and see what's on the desk/in storage that still needs some tending too...

I still need to finish building and painting this guy...
Posted Image

This Battleship needs to final touch-ups and painting...
Posted Image

This 40K scale flyer needs to be finished...
Posted Image

I painted the three that are in black in this photo, but the others still need to be done....
Posted Image

Not pictured is...
An IG squad of 10- Paint
A Blood Bowl Team...yet to be determined
Some self-sculpted Demiurg Caretaker Robots- paint
More Paper Armored Company- Build
Ammoriss Air PDF Interceptors and Heavy Bombers- Sculpt

All of this, or none of this may make another appearance as we progress.

Edited by Easy E, 1 Aug 2013, 02:08 AM.

Novogord
Member Avatar
Captain
Your orcs need some more contrast and plate work. Add some rivets, irregular shaped plates. Also the guns on your big boss, need more definition, now they look like ordinary pipes...

☺Easy E
Member Avatar
Captain
I've been dilligently working on the Battle for Ammoriss, so I haven"t had much time to paint.

I GS'ed some guardsmen, but I haven't been able to get a picture yet. Grrrrr.

Oh well, I hope the participation in the Battle for Ammoriss makes it all worth it.

Test:
Posted Image
Edited by Easy E, 14 Jun 2009, 02:01 AM.

☺Easy E
Member Avatar
Captain
Well, instead of working on any of the things I had posted that I would work on... I made a HellHammer turret for my paper Baneblade.

Posted Image

Jonny5
Member Avatar
Warrant Officer First Class
You must have the patience of a saint to work in paper?

J5

# Digits
Member Avatar
Shadowkin
That's a hell of a hammer!

WiganUltra
Member Avatar
Nicely done!

Any particular reason for using paper?

rcal13
Colour Sergeant
yeah he's cool and paper is hard as hell to make look good, I tired and failed I'll stick to plastic cool model easy

☺Easy E
Member Avatar
Captain
Why I use paper? At first I started using it because it was cheap and available.

Now, I've got a reputation to uphold. :)

☺Easy E
Member Avatar
Captain
I'm actually painting stuff! What!

Posted Image

Half finished IG guys for my Armored Company. I'm am ever so slowly trying to get it to "New Codex" standard. By the time I do that, their will probably be a new edition with an new IG codex. Considering I don;t even have the new codex yet, it might be kind of tricky to get them there.

A frustrating point about these guys. One of the main colors I use is a Reaper Ice Blue. However, do to me keeping it out int he car through freezing then really hot weather, the paint is kind of shot. Now I have to go out and try to find more of it, which is proving to be a challenge.

I also put togther some Raiders for my Aquanautica Imperialis DE force. You will have to go to my Aquanautica Imperialis log to see those. <PPLUG>

☺Easy E
Member Avatar
Captain
Here's the squad with a Helga APC (turretless Chimera).

Posted Image

Here's a closer look:

Posted Image

Finally, here is a guy next to some paper crates and barrels I designed. This is a test, so they aren't colored in or on cardstock yet. Just standard white copier paper.

Posted Image

C and C welcome.

☺Easy E
Member Avatar
Captain
<Plug> For the Battle for Ammoriss Deff Island Skirmish Game <End Plug> I decided to put together a Raft. It works a lot like a truk in Gorkamorka, except the Deff Islands expansion takes place on the water.

Posted Image

Typical of my creations, cheap was the operative word. The main hull was made of card board cut to size and glued together with PVA, Masking tape used to seal the edges, and cardstock to finish off some of the larger edges.

Posted Image

This is a closer look at the boat's engine. Hopefully, I will have it painted by the end of the month.

You can find the Rules fo the Deff Islands in the Battle for Ammoriss Sourcebook, it is simply an add-on to play GorkaMorka in a slightly different setting. If you all ready have orks or Necro models, it is very easy to put together a few Rafts,boats, or skis to give the rules a try yourself. Fun.

Zaamel
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
Looks really ace, but what if someone drops a model on those paper things?

owentillier
Member Avatar
Warrant Officer Second Class
This is pretty innovative!

☺Easy E
Member Avatar
Captain
It's times like this, when I wish I would take the time to learn/try to paint better.

Posted Image

I also started work on a another Raft for a Pirate Mob for Da' Deff Islands. AS you can see, it is still pretty preliminary...

Posted Image

Novogord
Member Avatar
Captain
It looks good to me, I love the way you did those boats!

# Digits
Member Avatar
Shadowkin
I can imagine some fun games with those!!! Nice one.

☺Easy E
Member Avatar
Captain
Here is some more work on the Oomie raft.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've all ready gone ahead and undercoated it black. So now all I need to do is get it painted and to play a few games.

Gallows Bait
Member Avatar
Great creativity, love seeing what you come up with and how you manage to produce so much from basic elements and more easily available materials. I like the water-based idea, would love to have a boat based force for my orks.. hmm..tempting :)

Novogord
Member Avatar
Captain
Don't these boats needs guns? Or do they don't have any defence?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Project Logs · Next Topic »