Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Do people play the LOTR here?; Do you play?
Topic Started: 5 Oct 2007, 05:08 PM (1,292 Views)
Death Korp
Member Avatar
Lieutenant
Well, i never heard anyone mention it, but here it is. Do any of you play LOTR? I play it all the time down at GW Wakefield, with my little group of LOTR buddies (and half of them are bloody annoying, some cool :D ), as most of the 'strange' people play 40k, which is my favourite game.

I collect mostly everything in the game, get bits i like, and try and theme it. I don't like to be known as a powergamer, so i theme the forces. I lose ALL the time (just ask the people there, i was annilalated by Grey Company, without me killing a single model).

So then, do YOU play?

DK

Deleted User
Deleted User

No. Simple answer. Loved the books but not the film ... still, good luck with your quest to find LotR in these forums ... have you looked down the back of the sofa?

However, recently I've been swayed by some of the more background-orientated forces, like the corsairs ... we'll see, we'll see...

MM

Catferret
Unregistered

I play LotR. Great system, a real joy to play. Simple to learn rules but really makes you think for the tactics. The heroic stats (Might, etc) really change the way the game plays.

I play Easterlings. Got 500 points almost finished being painted. I'll eventually get a good force whn I decide what I want to play. Probably Rangers of the north. They'd be sufficiently different to my Easterlings.

Palatine Katinka
Member Avatar
Corporal
I play! I've got elves (proper heavy armoured Elven Havens types none of those hide-in-woods-and-throw-things-at-people elves) and goblins plus other random stuff. It is a fun game but I wish the elven cavalry and siege stuff would turn up soon so I could play some more interesting and varied games. Maybe I should look to the goblins for variety and add in a Balrog and a Dragon...

Crackajam
Colour Sergeant
i play LotR i collect khandish, minus tirith, dwarfs and harad i enjoy the game but not many peeps play ot at my local GW so i rarely get a game :(

Best regards
Crackajam.

Death Korp
Member Avatar
Lieutenant
We need more LOTR players! I'm going to go to WHW one day around christmas time to play LOTR! Anyone wnat to play? (Don't know about this yet, but I wnat to go at Chrimbo)

DK

Some Guy
Member Avatar
Colour Sergeant
Ooo, ooo me! Me!

Or at least I played two games- had a fun couple of afternoons playing it a few years back.

I don't play tabletop games apart from then, but that doesn't stop me spending too much on the little men!

I've got a roughly 100 piece uruk-hai army, various characters/other models to paint (see my project log).

I want to expand into trolls, mordor, and an arnor force when I have the money too :)

ice
Warrant Officer Second Class
I plat LotR as well, i have a Minis Tirith army, as well as a foot slogging Urak hai army! but sadly i live in Canada so i can't play at WHW with you guys :(

Merceus
Member Avatar
Lieutenant
i've got about 20 or so Uruks, plus a couple of other bits like a warg rider, saruman, grishnak, a haradrim raider and sauron... though I've played a couple of games, both times I was moria goblins... I nejoyed it, and would like to get into it, but nobody around where i live seems to play :(

Death Korp
Member Avatar
Lieutenant
Hey Merceus, i could show you how to play on open day :) You can use either my Gondor or Angmar :) (I'll get that Guluvar sorted...i will...)

I am more of a LOTR player then anything else, as i have more LOTR then anything else :) I have loads of armies for it (none of them are finished though...) including Gondor, Angmar, Moria, Mordor, Elves and Easterlings. I want harad and black numernorians too, so my Imperial Guard project may be knocked off a little in the summer time (MORDOR!).

I have the Balrog and Gulavar, which are both f'ing ace, but need sauron to help with the big three, and a Dragon and a ....

Oh, and my good army needs some more elves and Fiefdoms and rangers and dwarves and...oh sod it i want pretty much EVERYTHING.

DK

vincent1989
Member Avatar
Lieutenant
Merceus
Feb 10 2008, 12:38 PM
i've got about 20 or so Uruks, plus a couple of other bits like a warg rider, saruman, grishnak, a haradrim raider and sauron... though I've played a couple of games, both times I was moria goblins... I nejoyed it, and would like to get into it, but nobody around where i live seems to play :(

i do, didn't i i show you my dwarfs? i'll have to learn you :P

Mister Feral
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
I used to play a lot back in my gaming days, but I'm redoing my forces now (Harad and Angmar) so I can get back into it.

☺Maelstrom
Member Avatar
Sek Incarnate
I also play i used to get the battle games in middle earth books as well as buying stuff so i have alot of stuff(over 100 mordor orcs for example), ive recently decided to get back into it cos i want a break from painting word bearers and 40k in general.

I dont know why more ppl dont play it, the rules are nice and simple and you can have a few small games very quickly and IMO the models are some of the best GW make. And dont get me started on siege games i love them, some of my best GW related memories are of LOTR siege battles.

I brought a box of morannon orcs yesterday to add to my mordor host, so i might put my LOTR stuff up in one of me logs :D

Brambleten
Member Avatar
The Red Hood
before i played fantasy and 40k i played LotR, but ive stopped, due to having no guns and very little magic. however, i did recently finish painting my balrog, and i have about half the white council painted, but if i got back into it i wouldnt know if my army was legal, as i dont have Legions of Middle Earth (i stopped at Rohan and the Mirkwood/white council thing). i do however have a reasonable force of gondor and isengard (20 odd bezerkers FTW :D )

john the imperishable
Member Avatar
Corporal
i play moria goblins got about 750pts. i realy enjoyed the books and films but i can never win a game. i prefer fantasy but it is good fun every now and then. :D
Edited by john the imperishable, 11 Jul 2008, 09:48 AM.

Scorch
Member Avatar
Corporal
I play. I personnaly use the dwarves, who are awesome! You say you lose all the time, try the dwarves. Tough as nails, and awesome at ranged and melee. I currently play with a 500 point force, but I'm hoping to expand that soon :D

LotrCrown
Member Avatar
Warrant Officer Second Class
um . . . . well .im not called LOTRCROWN for nothing lol

gondor ,1500pts ish
isngard ,1200pts ish
evil pelenor fields around 3000pts, including 9 wraiths ,a mumak and 4 trolls the points soon rack up

BDJV
Member Avatar
Second Lieutenant
I play LotR but in an extremely modified capacity. We actually fight large scale battles with units in blocks like WHFB.

Here's the about 80 percent of our Mordor army.

Posted Image

Edited by BDJV, 21 Sep 2008, 10:14 PM.

sam034
Corporal
i will admit to playing an army of pure berd which isnt dwarfs.... the grey company the only army which can have 100% ranged wepons

Death Korp
Member Avatar
Lieutenant
Ah, its good that more people play :) I love LOTR, but i haven't been doing much with it since my mind seems to waver to more 40k styled things these days... But i'll do em!

@BDJV : Strangely enough, i was thinking about large scale LOTR battles, you've given me an idea!

DK

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Lord of the Rings · Next Topic »