Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Re-Volt Live. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add New Reply
ORP & RVL Board Conversions
Topic Started: Dec 5 2017, 09:02 PM (1,884 Views)
URV
Member Avatar
Sir Pongus
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yesterday, on December 4, Our Re-Volt Pub has unfortunately been forced through a change. With the acquisition of Zetaboards and zIFBoards (formerly InvisionFree) by TapaTalk back in July this year, old InvisionFree boards are now being converted to either ZetaBoards or TapaTalk. The administrators of a board have the ability to choose between one or the other, and, if no choice is made, the conversion defaults to TapaTalk.

It is apparent that this is what happened with Our Re-Volt Pub. With no choice being made due to the original administrator no longer being active (it is believed he was the only one to receive the notifications), this resulted in a conversion to TapaTalk. A discussion on this matter can be seen in this thread on ORP.

Aside from the strikingly different change in appearance, the forum is now missing various functions it previously had, along with extra limitations that cannot be bypassed without payment from the administrators.

The administrator of our board, zipperrulez, has already taken measures to delay the conversion for Re-Volt Live, while also stating a preference towards ZetaBoards. Unfortunately, the conversion will likely happen sooner or later even if we are against it, but we believe that ZetaBoards will make a much better option than TapaTalk, as it is arguable that ZetaBoards could be considered an actual upgrade. Various changes in the appearance and functions of the forum will still occur, but it will be possible to lessen the damage much further than it would be with TapaTalk.

Update: A new forum has been created on Re-Volt I/O, meant to imitate the look and function of the old ORP. Check it out!
Update 2: Re-Volt Live has been automatically converted from InvisionFree to ZetaBoards on January 24.
Edited by URV, Jan 25 2018, 12:02 AM.
re-volt.io | Online Races | Discord Server | My Creations
Offline Profile Quote Top

kajeuter
Member Avatar
Fat-Bertha Master
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
URV,Tuesday, Dec 5 2017
22:02
It is also not possible to access your old account without first creating a TapaTalk account.

That is not true, I could log on ORP with my account without creating a Tapatalk account.

[ximg]https://image.ibb.co/e4fw5G/RVLLL.png[/ximg]

Still, changes may revive RVL.

Is there a way to save the website as it is now? Like having a memory of the old looks?

- Kaj
Posted Image

'I am a droid. I am always right.' -TX-20, Tactical Droid
'Prepare to be utterly crushed by the master of extreme sluggishness, gentlemen.' - Urbanrocker in the Rookie Championship

URV
Member Avatar
Sir Pongus
Thank you for pointing that out; I've removed it from the original post. The rest of the information should be accurate.

We are currently looking into the possibility of switching from TapaTalk to ZetaBoards. It might be possible, but we're not sure yet. As far as an archive of the old site would go, you can find many snapshots on the Wayback Machine for both ORP and RVL. Just click on a date.

zipperrulez
Member Avatar
Man of few words.
This is what I've chosen - whether they will actually listen to this all empowering multiple choice bubble is to be determined...

Posted Image
Posted Image ZR OUT

URV
Member Avatar
Sir Pongus
In case there is anyone left who isn't aware of it yet, we have created a new forum on Re-Volt I/O, meant to imitate the look and function of the old ORP. Check it out!

URV
Member Avatar
Sir Pongus
Re-Volt Live has just been converted from InvisionFree to ZetaBoards. Since ZetaBoards has much more potential for customization than TapaTalk, chances are we will have a lot more success at bringing back the old functions and design than we did with Our Re-Volt Pub. I am unsure what Kay and ZR have in mind regarding this, or if they have enough time to spare, but I believe we should be able to tidy up the forum a little within the next few months.

If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to post them here!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · News · Next Topic »
Add New Reply