Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Re-Volt Live. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add New Reply
I'm back and RV House problems; Not sure if all this is still alive.
Topic Started: Dec 2 2017, 09:47 PM (522 Views)
Minecraft
Pro Troller
[ * ]
Hi guys,
as you might remember, I used to be an extremely immature person. But that was in 2013/2014 or somewhere around that time.

I had to wipe my hard drive, and Re-Volt files too. Now I'm looking to reinstalling it completely. However I've had some trouble.

First thing I did was download the game from re-volt.io. I went to the downloads page and read it came with RVGL. So I chose "Download Re-Volt for Windows with Music". I proceeded to extract the contents to C:\Program Files (x86)\Acclaim Entertainment\Re-Volt and run it offline. It worked nicely, and RVGL was also working. I installed it in Program Files (x86) because I remember I kept having an issue with RV House where it would not find the game files if they weren't there.

Next, I downloaded RV House. Setup went nicely. When I go to run it, it says

"Re-Volt not found from registry
Have you installed and run it before starting this application?"

which I did multiple times. And no, this is not related to the "RV House can't find files" problem mentioned before because the error message about not finding files referred to files and not the registry.

It also apparently cannot connect to centralized/P2P. I added both RV House (automatically, checked) and rvgl.exe (manually) to my Firewall expection list and used my port-forwarding method I use for all my other games and that I used to run Re-Volt back in the days, and it still won't work.

Is RV House dead or is it my PC having problems?

Please someone reply.
Thank you.
Offline Profile Quote Top

Gotolei
Member Avatar
Let's try something
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
From what I recall, RVGL doesn't use the registry at all. RVHouse should* work, even with that error, if pointed to the exe under advanced settings.

*Except for the 75% of the time that it apparently doesn't. Many people just don't bother with rvhouse anymore, and instead join directly by IP (which rvgl enables nicely)

Basically all activity has moved to the Discord server (link up at top of page), you'll probably have better/quicker luck getting help in there. That's where many online race sessions are organized as well, if that's what you're looking for.
Posted Image

mmudshark
Junior RC
[ * ]
You will get the "Revolt not found..." message if your 1.2 Revolt registry key has not been created. Everyone uses rvgl now and not 1.2 revolt. In rvhouse you need to put the path to the FOLDER the rvgl.exe file is in. In rvhouse Edit/Settings/Advanced/Path to installation. Be sure to set the room to RVGL under "Version" so rvh will launch RVGL.
If you leave that blank then rvhouse will launch your 1.2 revolt and not rvgl.

Nero
Member Avatar
The dark horse
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Most of us rely on joining directly via IP through the Discord server, rather than RV House.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · Re-Volt Questions · Next Topic »
Add New Reply