Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Re-Volt Live. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add New Reply
Re-Volt Live Roll Call: June 2017
Topic Started: Jun 26 2017, 06:33 PM (14,743 Views)
Miro
Re-Volt Chieftain
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hello, fellow Re-volter! :)
We're glad to have you back on our forum, even if for only a short amount of time. It's been an awesome journey, so let us know how it was for you, what you're up to today and what your best memories are with Re-Volt and with our little Re-Volt Live community!
We're celebrating today 8 awesome years of Re-Volt Live!

Let us hope we can bring back as many peers from the good old crew! B)
Offline Profile Quote Top

Marv
Member Avatar
No, I won't replace RVZ.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It's been quite a ride... I joined in 2012 (I think) and I couldn't spend a week without this community (with some rare exceptions).

I met many cool people, had them here to visit me and even went to London to see quite a few of them.

There are many things that happened in my life and Re-Volt and its community always helped me to go through tough times.

Thank you guys.
Posted Image

Dave-o-rama
Member Avatar
Hallucinogenic Bulb
I'm at work right now, so I'll keep this short, but I joined RVL a few months after it became a thing and, long story short, Re-Volt is why I decided to go to University for video game design.

I just graduated a few weeks ago and hope to bring at least some of the cool stuff I've learned into Re-Volt in the near future.
hi-ban about strike21's constantly getting banned

Already banned? Wow! You Are Faster Than My Twin Mill!

martensan on RVZT

I live in a translation using Google

lvivtotoro
Junior RC
[ * ]
I started playing this game as a little kid. (14 right now)
I've had a strange life that time and often had rough times, but Re-Volt helped me then.

I haven't played much since, but the game was a big part of my life.

*nostalgia attack*
Game developer thanks to Starcraft: Broodwar and Re-Volt!

URV
Member Avatar
Sir Pongus
Still here! I think it's a bit of a pity that Discord essentially stole most of the activity from here, but I also think this has proven to be a good thing in the long run. We've got a lot of new people around, lots of online races and an increase in custom content and creators, especially with Re-Make getting back on track. That said, I'd love to see RVL alive again.

This past year and a half has been extremely enjoyable for me in the community. Certainly hoping that won't change in the forseeable future.
re-volt.io | Online Races | Discord Server | My Creations

R6TurboExtreme
Member Avatar
Re-Volt Chieftain
Agreed with URV. I love the Re-volt community and I hope to love it till my death.
Posted Image

savage24x
Member Avatar
Junior RC
[ * ]
I'd love to play again! I mostly play VRC Pro nowadays.

VaidX47
Member Avatar
Three threes
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Live since 2011. Still around there and there. Mainly now on Discord.

The best moment with Re-Volt for me was huki and his game patches, and a reason why I bothered joining the community in the first place. Re-Volt has also one of the very few communities in which I actually posted and still following to this day. I've also met some cool peeps to talk with occasionally.

Keep on livin', I guess.
just ninja things | aka Vaid
----------
>[MediaFire Re-Volt Stuff]< | >[Steam Profile]<

CGT
Member Avatar
Intermediate
[ *  * ]
I remember the Re-volt communnity as the first community I actively joined. I haven't been around for a few years, but I still clearly remember those times

I had some great times on Rv-house, with the likes of Candy, Urbanrocker, miro and zipperulez,...

I was there when this forum was still in its infancy, I was mainly spamming the off-topic section with complete bullsh*t.

Yeah, good times
Poop LOL

Manmountain
Junior RC
[ * ]
Still check in regularly, play occasionally.
Love all the work from the new members, good to see we'er still going strong.
*like* :cool: :revolt:
The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.
Posted Image

LD963CZ
Member Avatar
Junior RC
[ * ]
Hiya nothing to see here and i won't gonna type mine story that would be for long. And i'm lazy too, even with that as a kid i was watching an lazytown. Well that's all folks!
I have two number <font color="FFFF00"> cougar's</font> and a number <font color="FFFF00"> cougar </font> large...
Nah grammar nazies would kill me for making this crap.
NICO NICO NII~ or should i say LOCO LOCO NII~

matiwrc
Junior RC
[ * ]
I will use this occasion to tell my little story.

Revolt, my first game on my first PC when i was like 10 years old. Playing only offline (no internet at that time) with my brother, i feel nostalgia for those innocent times.

6 years later back in 2010, by an accident, i have noticed revolt on GameRanger games list. At that time i didn't expect enything more than just racing with random ppl via internet. In a short time it turned out how mistaken i was. I have come to information about community and dedicated racing platform and there is a person responsible for this, - Phantom i will never thank you enough!. From then on I felt like a member of some very exclusive, allmost secret squad of ppl from all over the world. It was a pure privilege and great experience for me.

Even though im no longer a regular player, I will never forget those emotions, those intense races, and those endless chatting sessions :D. I won't forget you guys ;).

I Wish you all best, I hope to be back here from time to time for some racing.

Stay Revolted !!!

mati :)

PS: damnit, i used the other, wrong account XD

WindowsMaster2
Member Avatar
Junior RC
[ * ]
'Twas sometime around 2012 or 2013 when I first joined RVL. I was a young, stupid child. I didn't know that there were rules, or that certain threads could be considered "dead," so one day I hopped on my crappy Dell laptop to go to a thread under "Re-Volt Mods" titled "Woo My First Mod" or something along those lines.

I specifically remember people saying that the mod was bad and that it was just car recolors, and I wanted a slice of the pie too. Little did I know, that thread was dead for MONTHS. Hell, maybe even YEARS!

So I blasted the creator saying something like "WOW THIS SUCKS LIKE OMG HAHA BABY LOSER POOPOO PEEPEE *dislike* *dislike* *dislike* *dislike* *dislike* *dislike* " and less than a day later, I got banned.

I used to not look back on this too fondly, but every time I think about it nowadays, I just laugh. :lol:

The worst part, however? As far as I'm concerned, those were the years when the RV community was as active as can be. Today, I never really see anyone play, mention, or talk about this game. But there's light at the end of the tunnel, and that light is this forum.

Seeing people still giving Re-Volt the love it deserves all these years later brings a tear to my eye.
"Don't worry, Professor; I was an accident too!" -Robin Snyder 2001

URV
Member Avatar
Sir Pongus
WindowsMaster2,Monday, Jun 26 2017
22:41
Today, I never really see anyone play, mention, or talk about this game.

I mentioned earlier, but that is mainly because most of the activity moved over to Discord. Also, here is the weekly online racing schedule that I organize.

KFP tends to upload Re-Volt videos every now and then. You can find a lot if you search on YouTube by upload date, too.
re-volt.io | Online Races | Discord Server | My Creations

Andor
Member Avatar
Practice
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Still here.

Still lazy.

Still turning on the sex occasionally.
Practice

CCXR1984
Junior RC
[ * ]
Welp, haven't done much for the community, but might as well say my thing.

I started playing Re-volt off the back of Nerdcubed's original video five years ago. Basically went straight to trying to find the game, and I want to thank Marv for the amazingly polished Mac port. While I haven't played much recently, it is still my go to example of an amazing game whenever someone asks. As for the forums, while I basically never post anything, I love what you guys are making for this game almost 20 years after the game's creation.

Maybe I'll check out the discord sometime. :D

Gotolei
Member Avatar
Let's try something
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Guess I'm posting here as well.

College has a way of slowing creative things down, though I will say it's basically only because of RV I ended up learning how to use blender.
Posted Image

choquito
Junior RC
[ * ]
Hi guys! I played this game for many years, many nights I spent awake. And the conversations helped me learn my English. lol
(aqui Brasil hahaahaaa)

Dyspro50
Member Avatar
Team DR creator
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
In the community since 2009.

I see recently that things moved to Discord, I didn't know what Discord is and I heard that it's like a gamer chat room.
But I never feel comfortable in chatting and this is a reason why I didn't join Discord yet. Am I wrong ?
Posted Image

deviantArt | Steam

Adamodell
Member Avatar
Edgelord Maverick, S.R.F.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
<-Hasbeen
<-From
<-2007

It's okay if you don't Discord- it tends to attract the most passionate, creative and obsessive (with the associated pluses and minuses) on any given server and not everyone can roll with that, I sure as hell can't. Smoke weed everyday, yo.
Posted Image
RV Wiki | YouTube | Steam | Bandcamp
<a href="mailto:metallicafan128@gmail.com">Direct email</a> | <a href="skype:instinctualjealousy?chat">Skype</a> | <a href="xmpp:adamu-kun@neko.im">XMPP</a> | instinctualjealousy#4070

VKGajjar
Member Avatar
Design Guru/Testing and Debugging
[ *  * ]
I had a pretty rocky start in the forum, with numerous issues regarding posting, bringing my track record to a very low 2/10, hence the reason I have been posting on the Facebook page rather than here. But anyway back to the topic at hand

I joined I believe last year. The earliest memory I have of Re-Volt is when I spotted it in the arcades way back when (Idk the exact date). I remember it clearly, ripping up the Supermarket 2 track with Dr. Grudge and coming in first place, pure awesomeness. By that time, I instantly became a fan. And that's also the reason I discovered Acclaim. It's a shame that I didn't play Re-Volt as a kid back in the early 2000's.

Also got me into modding too!
"We don't play to live, we live to play"

Intermediate
[ *  * ]
Ah, hey.
I found this forum when I wanted to play Re-Volt on my new Windows 7 pc and couldn't get it to work. Then, I learnt about the '1.2 update'. It even fixed the 'GO!' issue occurring from Windows XP onward!
Unfortunately, this place didn't seem too active. I've made many, many videos of custom Re-Volt content (around 250 at the moment), and kept checking in here now and then. Then I noticed the link to the Discord.
And things changed a lot after that. Since that, I've been in that Discord server pretty much every day, and have had really good times there. I also began to open up RVHouse more often, after I realised that the reason I never found anyone online was that I usually checked in the morning or afternoon, while as it turned out there's only really activity after the evening starts. I've had lots of races there, getting to know the stock tracks (because many of them I had only played a handful of times) and Toyeca. Back then, off-line, I only played Dr. Grudge, on custom tracks only.
After some time I also found out you could play Re-Volt split-screen, and then another little while later I found out you could turn on CPU's for such races! Since then, I've had a whole lot of good times, racing with my brother. :)

I'm quite glad my father introduced me to this game roughly 12 years ago!

SebR
Member Avatar
Intermediate
[ *  * ]
I'm not realy activ on this forum, but play Re-Volt since 1999.
It's always good to see that the Re-Volt comunity still alive here and there

Matsilagi
Semi Pro
[ *  *  *  * ]
Im still rollin'

Balesz
Member Avatar
Basketball hater
[ * ]
Hai!

I'm playing Re-Volt since primary school, but I was a passive "member" until December. I modded the shit out of the game since I found a small hungarian site. Before that it was a bit hard for getting information because of the lack of my english skills and google translate wasn't that "advanced". :D I always played in Jr. RC mode, so when I tried multiplayer at RV House first about 2011-'12, it was a bit disappointing and realized that I'm a noob... (...and still I am...)
[spoiler=spoiler]What a surprise!
Posted Image [/spoiler]
Then at the end of 2016 I tried out multiplayer again, and people said "go and get RVGL". While i searched I saw the Discord server on re-volt.me and I decided to join there and now I am here! After this half year if you'd ask anyone about me, he would talk about (that fuckin') basketball, Rooftop Chase or Big Smoke and called me ballz instead of Balesz...

At RVL I just posted my LFS conversion "project", that's all.

So that's it... damn it's longer than i thought!
Posted Image

Kirbyguy222
Member Avatar
Currently inactive
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I joined the Re-Volt community around 2009. I was 10-11 years old then. Now I'm almost 19 and I just finished my first year in university, meaning I've spent almost half of my life around this obscure little game. :)

I have so much unfinished cars, I'm probably gonna end up posting all the source files online so that other people can finish them for me since I'm a lazy-ass. Currently, I'm trying to focus more on coding and messing with Arduinos since that's my major in uni.

Nice to see y'all again. Brings back some memories.
Kirby's gaming rig:
Intel i5 2500k, ASUS NVIDIA GTX 670 2GB, 8GB RAM, 1TB + 500GB HDD

Kipy
Member Avatar
Definitely an enemy
Yo humans!

I am the alien of the Re-Volt community. Most of you know me as Kipy here, since this is the account which I registered with to RVL in 2013. But the 'old' guys know me as Kispete back from 2010, because this is the year I joined to the online surface in Re-Volt. I started to play Re-Volt offlinein 2006 (enough practice, huh?), when I was 10. Now I am 21.
I played Best 3 Laps/Best 4 Laps/Month track races most of the time organized by RVR (ReVoltRace), and now I am one of the admins there, the last one active (I won't count the baguette king as admin), and still managing times and keep that site alive.
I didn't made any better creations to this game, but I am about to change this, since I could learn something about Blender and its usage.
Hopefully will start university soon, but I am workin a lot this summer, so I am not that active yet. But I have some WIP in my mind, and in my Blender as well.

Hope we can keep this game alive.
Let's roll, and let's zap&lag all around the stock and custom tracks with stock&custom cars.
XP is life, beta is life, good luck RVGL :rolleyes:
"Bisvil lircoch adam, ein corech leszfiach dam."
My YouTube Channel

RV_Passion
Member Avatar
Carboxmaker, Repainter and sometime more.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I know and play re-volt since 2002 and it has lost none of its fascination. For over 5 years I am in re-volt live and it was a very nice time so far. :) In the beginning a carboxmaker, a part of the dev cars collaboration team, a member of the RVL HQ, car repainter and then one of the masterminds. And of course a lot of nice and helpful guys and o lot of online races with them.

Well, nowadays I still make repaints and carboxes for them and use photoshop cc and blender for all my custom stuff. If I finished my second clockwork car pack and the last 3 rc magazine cars, I will finaly more do for the re-make project.

My best memory so far was the day where me and Pure meet URV, R6TE and Marv in the city where we live. First we had fun with real rc cars then at home I showed them my re-volt collection and after that we all had fun playing re-volt on dreamcast. It was a great day. :D

So all in all, I will still do my best for someone from the community or for the community itself. ;)
Art is beautiful, but makes a lot of work : Karl Valentin

RV_Pure
Member Avatar
Re-Volt Car Designer, Blender Modeler
My first contact with Re-Volt Live and her community, was 2012 as "Member". On my WIP-topic i showed my first own ideas as drawings. It has given always a good feedback from you and it was a good motivation to draw and show further. Especially from "MythicMonkey"(damn, i miss him :( ) Also you have helped me about 3d modeling, uv-mapping and texturing with blender. And 2017 i've releasted something and more, finally!
Therefore my big thanks for the guys, which helped me to understand the car parameters, especially for Skarma!

The other thing what i've drawn, was my rvl-avatar artworks for you, on the offtopic. I still see it as a good challange and variety. I can't say, when i can go back to this. but i will reply, if i have the time to draw next.

About "best memory" i would say the same thing like Passion about the meeting with URV, R6TE and Marv in our city. It was simply neat and i hope we can meet us next time with more people and her rc cars. Then you have the chance to see my Re-Volt marble plate.

So, now i am ones of the "Masterminds" and i an still happy to be a part of your community. I still work for my rv-stuff, with my blender and photoshop experiences and collect a lot of ideas in my head. Currently i still have the working process for planned Clockwork Car Pack 2, together with r6te, drawing process for mladen007, re-make stuff on discord. But i still want to present my stuff on Re-Volt live, because you have helped and motivated me to make further and more for you and our game.

Posted Image

stoney1918
Member Avatar
Viewing from a distance.
[ * ]
I guess I should check in.
My first experience with Re-Volt was because of my older brother. He bought it at the EB Games in the mall back when it still existed. First played it on a Windows ME machine in like 2003, and It's managed to get installed on every PC I've used since then.
Had lots of fun playing online in 2011-2013, only doing well about once every fourty or so races. Spent lots of time looking at parameters files in notepad, sure wish I knew Notepad++ was a thing back then.
Good times were had, and I'm looking forward to the good times that will come in the future.
"It hurts when I do this doctor."
"Well then don't do that."

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · News · Next Topic »
Add New Reply