Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Re-Volt Live. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add New Reply
weapon mod; added a custom weapon
Topic Started: Dec 19 2016, 03:32 AM (4,663 Views)
zorbah
Junior RC
[ * ]
Hey, I just wanted to show you that I did this with the leaked source code (thanks again doll265), if anyone is interested in trying it out just contact me or wathever. I have no plans with it, just messing arround with the source code and stuff. Hope you like it!
https://youtu.be/l3F4yU2zMe8
Offline Profile Quote Top

Skarma
Member Avatar
Distant.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Haha. That's pretty good!
Posted Image
Posted Image

RV_Passion
Member Avatar
Carboxmaker, Repainter and sometime more.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Wow, that is a nice idea. :D
Art is beautiful, but makes a lot of work : Karl Valentin

RV_Pure
Member Avatar
Re-Volt Car Designer, Blender Modeler
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
really neat. :lol:
Posted Image

zorbah
Junior RC
[ * ]
Glad you liked it! I'm planning to make it work by a radius range eventually, and maybe put some sort of shockwave effect to the ground. That would take a lot more work (I'm far from a expert programmer). This was relativelly simple to implement, but it was cool to understand how the weapon engine actually works on the game. :D

R6TurboExtreme
Member Avatar
Re-Volt Chieftain
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
We should add this weapon to the game :D
Posted Image

Gel38
Member Avatar
Car Parameter Trailblazer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I agree! Its a pretty awesome idea! Does it replace a weapon? Or is it its own thing?
AM-Bio Design Car and Level Design.
Don't let the car drive you. You drive the car. - American Motors Bio Motto

American Motors Bio

zorbah
Junior RC
[ * ]
It's a new weapon, all old weapons are still there. Now AI can use it too :)

ZipperZbieracz
Member Avatar
Intermediate
[ *  * ]
Nice, but I would not want it in the game.
Posted Image ZipperZbieracz

zorbah
Junior RC
[ * ]
I too think it's not a good idea to put it in the game. It's delicate to change the game like that and it would cause too much trouble with game versions on multiplayer. I think revolt should stay how it's always been. But who knows, some day we could launch a spinoff of the game with tons of source mods included. Maybe include knockout, battle mode and stuff. that would be fun

Intermediate
[ *  * ]
Ah, so that's actually new!
I thought it was a beta weapon you discovered or something, but you made it yourself? That's cool!!

Broccoli
Junior RC
[ * ]
Is it possible to somehow fix the spawn cars? Some of them fall into the ground immediately after the start of the game, which is why the game is broken.

ElectricBee
Member Avatar
Does he ever sleep?
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
RVGL most certainly needs a plugin interface of sorts to enable and disable certain weapons. That way, hosts can have one-weapon races and provided everyone is comfortable with P2P upload and download (which would facilitate track and car sharing as well), custom weapons like those seen in this thread would be a possibility.

Maybe, for custom weapons they're provided their own space in ./gfx, and RVGL call call upon that graphic because of a weapon parameter file, but there can be ./temp where host-provided custom content can go, and RVGL would read from /temp first, with that folder deleted on game exit, but with the option before exiting to keep any content given.

Expanding a bit on this post...
About custom cars and tracks, they would also be held in ./temp and all telling the game to keep the items would do, would move the content from /temp to their respective location in the local filesystem. After that, /temp gets deleted and all the stuff you didn't want goes away.

Seems like a fairly good idea to me...
Seeker and hoarder of many informations.
Plant the seeds of sin into the world and they will grow to consume you.

I make usable stuff and break things for fun. Check out what I've made.

erpetek
Junior RC
[ * ]
Post [Download Link]

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Re-Volt Mods · Next Topic »
Add New Reply