Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Re-Volt Live. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add New Reply
MAKEITGOOD - Triggers tutorial
Topic Started: Oct 16 2015, 11:52 PM (17,639 Views)
Dyspro50
Member Avatar
Team DR creator
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
As requested by Tarun, here's a tutorial for the Trigger Makeitgood mode. There's already another good, but incomplete tutorial done by "Minecraft" in 2013, so I try to write a complete one for the community.

This tutorial considers that you know the basics of Makeitgood (how to get in, Ctrl+F4 to Save, insert nodes, etc...). For controls, please see the Makeitgood key references by Kenny.

=== PIANO ===

This trigger lights up the piano keys in Toy World 1 when a car is passing onto them.

Piano trigger seems to works only in this track. Its low and high flags in TW1 are 60 and 20 respectively.
Editing this values do not affect the trigger, as it's seems to be hard coded in-game.

To work properly, the trigger zone must cover the entire piano keys texture portion and it must be enough tall to cover the cars.

=== SPLIT ===

These triggers show a split time on-screen when passing through them in Time-Trial mode. There's about 3 to 5 of these triggers depending of the track distance.

The Flag Low value is used to define the order.
The Flag High value is not used.

To work properly, each of the triggers must be numbered in the correct order, using base 0. So the first one must be 0,

second 1, third 2, etc...

=== TRACK DIR ===

One of the most important triggers. When passing through, it shows an arrow at the top of the screen to help the player to be guided in the circuit.

The Flag Low value defines the kind of arrow to show (see image below).
The Flag High value defines the order.

[XIMG=128px]http://i852.dyspro.ca/re-volt/screenshots/tuto_triggers/trackdir_charte.jpg[/XIMG]

It's possible to use the same Flag Low value for two different triggers. It's useful when you have a splitted track section, in Museum 2 for example.

[XIMG=800px]http://i852.dyspro.ca/re-volt/screenshots/tuto_triggers/muse2_tri.jpg[/XIMG]

The Flag High works in the same way as the Flag Low from Split triggers. The first is 0, second is 1, etc..

=== CAMERA RAIL ===

These triggers force the activation of a pair of Monorail Cameras when using the "TV Time" mode.

The Flag Low value defines the Camera Node ID to be activated when the targeted car is passing through the trigger.

First, you must have at least two Monorail Camera nodes connected each other (To edit this, you must be in Camera Nodes Makeitgood mode) (This is also for the same reason that Camera nodes are shown in trigger mode) . To work properly, the Flag Low value must match either one of the two connected nodes ID.

=== AI HOME ===

This kind of trigger does not seems to have any effect. It is also not used in any stock tracks, including frontend, battle areas, stunt area and intro scene.

When editing the Flag Low (a value from 0 to 31), a thin green bar moves along the trigger zone, while the Flag High value is forced to 0.

=== CAMERA SHORTEN ===

These triggers lower the camera when the car is passing through them.

The Flag Low value defines the position of the camera. Values are the following : 1/8, 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, 5/83/4, 7/8

Camera Shorten triggers are used in small places where the ceiling is low (see the ones in NHood 1 for a good example).

This allows a better visibility and can avoid camera glitches.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

=== OBJECT THROWER ===

These triggers activate Objects of the same name. As its name implies, this allow to throw an object on the track.

The Flag Low value defines the "Object Thrower" Object ID to activate.

Be sure to have first created at least one Object Thrower in the Objects Makeitgood mode. Then, the trigger Flag Low value must match the ID of the one you've created in Objects Makeitgood mode. Otherwise, the trigger will not work. In older releases (v1.0 and v1.1), this crash the game.

[XIMG=800px]http://i852.dyspro.ca/re-volt/screenshots/tuto_triggers/nhood1_objthrower.png[/XIMG]

=== GAP CAMERA ===

This trigger works only in Replay Mode. It's not used in any stock tracks, including frontend, battle areas, stunt area and intro scene.

How it acts is strange. The replay pause, then the camera's doing a strange glitch, and then the replay continues as usual. This beta trigger was likely used to make cinematics in replay.

=== REPOSITION CAR ===

This trigger acts exactly the same way as pressing the "Reposition Car" key. It's mainly used to avoid cars to be lost in track.

Both Flag Low and Flag High are not used.

----------------

Hope this tuto will help. Contributions are welcome ;)

Last Update : October 16th, 2015
Posted Image

deviantArt | Steam
Offline Profile Quote Top

taruncreation
Member Avatar
Repainter,Converter and much more.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Awesome work Dyspro and a great thanks.
I would check it out cuz I'm out of station and maybe I would come back after a week.
After all thanks for this. :D :D
<A href="http://taruncreation.deviantart.com/gallery/">DeviantArt</A>
<A href="http://revoltzone.net/users/14213/tarun">Re-Volt Zone Alias</A>
Posted Image

Kipy
Member Avatar
Definitely an enemy
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
[offtopic=offtopic]Which car is in the picture or where I can find it?[/offtopic]
"Bisvil lircoch adam, ein corech leszfiach dam."
My YouTube Channel

Phantom
Member Avatar
Re-Volt Champion
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
You're the man. This is stunning job! Thanks for doing it.

:TU:
[color=light blue]We don't stop playing because we get older, we get older because we stop playing.[/color]

kay
Member Avatar
Re-Volt Chieftain
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
*topic pinned*
It wouldn't hurt visiting my blog or Re-Volt frontend's :)

Dyspro50
Member Avatar
Team DR creator
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Please note that I'm going to move this into a Wiki article at I/O Archive due to images not working anymore.

EDIT : Images fixed now, except for the XIMG code that seems to not working. Anyway I'll still move this to Makeitgood tuto on I/O Learn.
Posted Image

deviantArt | Steam

Marv
Member Avatar
No, I won't replace RVZ.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Dyspro50,Sunday, Jul 16 2017
09:04
Please note that I'm going to move this into a Wiki article at I/O Archive due to images not working anymore.

PM me on Discord to get an account there. I could also post it there on your behalf.
I also think thathttp://learn.re-volt.io/makeitgood would be a better place for it.
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
« Previous Topic · Track Tutorials · Next Topic »
Add New Reply